Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Cool Kids Stick Club - Show Off Your Non-Blaster Weapons

• 171 Replies

bolakor

• I like my pirates like my coffee. Burnt.
Re: Cool Kids Stick Club - Show Off Your Non-Blaster Weapons
« Reply #75 on: Jan 07, 2017, 10:48 PM »
Really good weathering or actually metal?

Oh it's beautiful isnt it? It's a trick i picked up from Adam savage. It's aluminium tape, you lay it on smooth, get rid of the air bubbles, scrub the balls off it with scotch brite, paint all of it with flat black, scrub it and repaint as needed for the effect you want

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol

Zeafus

• Scorched Earth Studios
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #76 on: Jan 07, 2017, 10:56 PM »
Oh it's beautiful isnt it? It's a trick i picked up from Adam savage. It's aluminium tape, you lay it on smooth, get rid of the air bubbles, scrub the balls off it with scotch brite, paint all of it with flat black, scrub it and repaint as needed for the effect you want

I am trying this out! Thanks for the info

Zeafus V.1 Armor Components WIP- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=92479.0
Special Weapons Brigade WIP (Pistoleer)- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=112447.0.
Scorched Earth Studios Forum Sales Thread- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=118198.0
MMCC- #1320
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) a Society for current and former military - #34
M.L.C.S. #1

bolakor

« Reply #77 on: Jan 07, 2017, 11:55 PM »
Word of warning!!!!!

When pulling the backing of the tape do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT just pull it off, it'll sproing back up, adhere to itself and then it's garbage.
Leave backing at the bottom, hold the tape and then remove the backing

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

"You are most welcome here, my dear woman. I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities—yet I keep running out of Jedi."
―Demagol

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #78 on: Jan 08, 2017, 03:40 AM »
I am trying this out! Thanks for the info

Same, thats really well done and thanks for the tips bolakor

bolakor

« Reply #79 on: Jan 08, 2017, 03:00 PM »
Same, thats really well done and thanks for the tips bolakor

Not a problem. Adam savage has allot of helpful tips in his "One day builds" series on Tested, and really every other video hes ever in

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #80 on: Jan 21, 2017, 09:04 PM »
My kukri-inspired besk'ad:

Upgraded paint job:

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

bolakor

« Reply #81 on: Jan 21, 2017, 10:37 PM »
My kukri-inspired besk'ad:

Upgraded paint job:

That's interesting, for sure. Wood or sintra?

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #82 on: Jan 24, 2017, 08:50 PM »
Sintra.  It was the very first thing I built for my kit.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

bolakor

« Reply #83 on: Jan 25, 2017, 12:08 AM »
Sintra.  It was the very first thing I built for my kit.

Looks fantastic

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

Havelock

« Reply #84 on: Jan 25, 2017, 01:37 AM »
Thanks!

bolakor

« Reply #85 on: Jan 25, 2017, 05:06 PM »
Thanks!

Ever consider rebuilding it with the new experience you've gained since making it?

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

Arch

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #86 on: Jan 29, 2017, 01:03 PM »
UPDATE: After about a year of service, my zappy stick has been felled. We were at the Rogue One premier. It couldn't handle the intense baton stylings of one of my fellow Wampas.

RIP stick. You were a good stick. I'm finally getting around to gathering components for a new one.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #87 on: Jan 29, 2017, 01:50 PM »
UPDATE: After about a year of service, my zappy stick has been felled. We were at the Rogue One premier. It couldn't handle the intense baton stylings of one of my fellow Wampas.

RIP stick. You were a good stick. I'm finally getting around to gathering components for a new one.

R.I.P., Stick.  May a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest...  ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Tythim Kirrem

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #88 on: Mar 08, 2017, 10:14 PM »
Finished with the Mk I version of my weapon, so thought I'd post it here. Fear the Hammerlorian.

All respectable Mandos have a trophy of some sort.

Leather-wrapped handle. Leather straps are a bit of a theme on my kit.

And the dreaded Tupperware hammer head.

Turn a little knob just above the top of the handle section, and -

« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2017, 10:17 PM by Tythim Kirrem » Logged
Manda'galaar Clan | OM #1736 |
L.O.B. #0034
#1 approved NME Deathstalker

bolakor

« Reply #89 on: Mar 09, 2017, 06:52 PM »
Finished with the Mk I version of my weapon, so thought I'd post it here. Fear the Hammerlorian.

All respectable Mandos have a trophy of some sort.

Leather-wrapped handle. Leather straps are a bit of a theme on my kit.

And the dreaded Tupperware hammer head.

Turn a little knob just above the top of the handle section, and -

Bruh.....

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

Helix

« Reply #90 on: Mar 09, 2017, 07:02 PM »
In the name of the God Emperor, smash the heretics  :P !

Sorry couldn't resist, nice weapon Vod.

My sales thread : Helix's lair

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #91 on: Mar 09, 2017, 10:14 PM »
Bruh.....
I second that "bruh..." :o :o

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Berit Haran

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #92 on: Mar 13, 2017, 07:09 AM »
So this is my first weapon for my kit: my Beskad.
It's Sintra, with a leather grip wrap. It's not as fancy as some here, but I'm happy with it  :)

« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2017, 07:39 AM by scipioblade » Logged

Straka Zulu

« Reply #93 on: Mar 13, 2017, 10:01 PM »
Fancy, shmancy... As long as it gets the job done. And that looks like it WILL get the job done! :o 8)

Tythim Kirrem

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #94 on: Mar 14, 2017, 01:19 AM »
That thing just looks like it would tear through armor, and has done so. I for one wouldn't want anyone chasing me with that thing.

Manda'galaar Clan | OM #1736 |
L.O.B. #0034
#1 approved NME Deathstalker

Straka Zulu

« Reply #95 on: Mar 14, 2017, 07:22 AM »
That thing just looks like it would tear through armor, and has done so. I for one wouldn't want anyone chasing me with that thing.
I believe the term you are looking for is "Can Opener".  ;D

bolakor

« Reply #96 on: Mar 20, 2017, 04:43 PM »
VERY noice.

Was wondering if i would be able to post my Kisteer in here. It's not a BLASTER, its a slugthrower, and it also isn't quite done. But if anyone would want to see it i can post a few pix

Soft goods; 50% done
Armor; 0% done
weapons; 20% done
ideas; 110%

―Demagol

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #97 on: Mar 21, 2017, 07:47 AM »
VERY noice.

Was wondering if i would be able to post my Kisteer in here. It's not a BLASTER, its a slugthrower, and it also isn't quite done. But if anyone would want to see it i can post a few pix

I believe its bladed and hand to hand only weapons, pretty much every powered range weapon is in a catch all of Blaster.
you got a knife etc, we'll love to see it ;)

Havelock

« Reply #98 on: Mar 30, 2017, 06:06 PM »
So this is my first weapon for my kit: my Beskad.
It's Sintra, with a leather grip wrap. It's not as fancy as some here, but I'm happy with it  :)

Very, very nice, vod!

« Reply #99 on: Apr 07, 2017, 03:21 PM »
That piece of plexi was the perfect shape! Full tang, aluminum guard, Oak scales with  Walnut stain.

501st Bloodfin Garrison XO
501st Krayt Clan CO (Retired)
Rebel Legion R.A.I.D. CO (retired)
Costumes:
Snowtrooper, Zuckuss, OT Tusken Raider, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Rancor Keeper, Imperial Navy,  Old Ben Kenobi, A'sharad Hett, Jawa, BoBF Tusken

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!