Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Vorn Kepar First Armor WIP Pic heavy

• 10 Replies
Vorn Kepar First Armor WIP Pic heavy
« on: Dec 20, 2015, 07:47 PM »

My armor plates since 2010

With the Shin Guards included

My bucket paint job 1.0

Weathering under layer

Belt

Bucket 2.0

The back

TFA test run

Another of me

Well here is my WIP, any questions and comments are welcome :) More pics coming soon!

Fall_Nine

• Awards 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Vorn Kepar First Armor WIP Pic heavy
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2015, 08:42 PM »
Not a bad start, needs some refining though. I would suggest redoing the spacing to start out, and perhaps have a tighter vest to attach your armor to.

MMCC #1252
C.H.E.G. #4
Founding Member of Clan Haaranovor

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2015, 08:56 PM »
You definitely need a new vest, it should be at least semi-formfitting. Make sure you get those laces on your boots covered. I'm not sure if the openness of the visor is acceptable. The horizontal of the T is supposed to be narrow. In your bucket 1.0 pic it appears small on your head, that might just be bushiness of your beard.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2015, 06:57 AM »
Thanks guys, yeah I plan to get it tailored, I misplaced the material and found it later than needed, I am fixing this soon! As for the bucket, it was narrow but a friend helped me mod it for visibility but I can do a new one if I have to. Unfortunately I heard about Delta Squad Boss going out of business.

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2015, 07:02 AM »
I'm also not as happy with the execution of the 2nd helmet paint job, not as fine as my 1st one even though I put in a few good hours. *edit By a few good hours, I mean about 6 or 7 including the final paint job, the metallic layer took a couple days, the priming phase took about 12 hours.

« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2015, 01:00 PM by vornkepar » Logged
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2015, 08:59 AM »
Does anyone know where I can get it fitted besides a tailor? I had some help with my placing but have a problem explaining to them how the "vest" is supposed to fit. Also I do have a weapon, a DC-15 which is being worked on. I plan to order new gauntlets that have more detail and to redo my back plate. I'm also considering a repaint on the plates, what are suggestions?

Natan Vizsla

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2015, 12:50 PM »
Do you know anyone who sews? They can easily take in the sides, it isn't too difficult. If you only put in a few hours on a paint job it won't look very good, you need to spend quite a bit of time on any piece. Painter's tape and masking fluid take time to apply nicely to where nothing will gut under them, painter's tape first then masking fluid over it where you want the weathering.

As an administrative note: Please don't double or triple post as it is against forum rules. Modify your previous post by using the button on the top right of your post that says modify. If it has been multiple days and you have a large update then you can make a second post in a row.

« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2015, 01:24 PM »
I do know a few people now that I have time to get it adjusted. Also Fall_Nine, I am willing to listen to any refining suggestions you have. I do have a weapon as well, which I'll post that in another WIP, if one is required. *edit Also, I apologize for breaking the rules, I am just excited to get this thing finished and I want to look up to standard and do everything right.

Natan Vizsla

« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2015, 01:31 PM »
In the armor components section you can post all your work on your kit. If you want to just talk about weapons there is a weaponry section on the boards. Once the vest is taken in and made form-fitting we can get onto proper spacing and sizing.

« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2015, 02:54 PM »
Note: I forgot to mention that I made all of my armor out of a plastic sheet of Sintra myself but had help with the shaping. My helmet was bought molded but I did cut out the visor and pieced it together with help.

Zerxus Dral

• Leader of merriment
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Celebration Orlando 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2015, 11:33 AM »
I would definately tighten the vest and fix your spacing. If you can get to an armor party at Krango Saragons house he will attach the plates for you and help you take your application pictures. Other than that your kit seems to be coming along nicely.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!