Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Servo-controlled RF stalk WIP

• 3 Replies
Servo-controlled RF stalk WIP
« on: Nov 24, 2015, 12:09 AM »
I started working on a servo kit for the helmet rangefinder.

The base with stalk - 3D-printed protoype. This one is for the Target Rubies helmet, but files for other bucket types will be made available for print.

Here's a video of the servo in action:
https://youtu.be/spIcQLGgR00

With our costume technology platform(currently in development), CosTek, we'll be able to connect the micro-controller for the servo in your helmet to various methods of control to set the position:
  • another micro-controller in your gauntlet or anywhere else, wirelessly
  • a button on your helmet
  • or control it with our mobile app

We're looking at releasing the kit at the beginning of the year as an add-on/community contribution to our costume technology platform, CosTek http://getcostek.com/.

I would love to get your feedback on the control methods and other types of connected electronics you would like to see in your costume.

Lucius

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Servo-controlled RF stalk WIP
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2015, 08:22 AM »
Color me interested. If you need a test pilot...my helmet is in need of a new rangefinder

Zedrin Ho'dag

• Nothing's impossible; impossible just takes longer
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2015, 09:17 AM »
I'll tag this thread for future reference.   8)

MMCC-0537 | M.A.J.I.C-047 | M.A-025 | M.A.D-004 | B.E.A.R.D.S.-028 | V.A.B.S.-004 | V.R.C.A.-069 | S.O.S.-013 | O.S.B.A.-000

Tohr

« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2015, 01:33 PM »
this sounds like a great idea vod, count me as interested for sure!

Show passion when you act, patience when you don't, pride in what you are.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!