Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Orar Jaxx's First WIP

• 72 Replies

Orar Jaxx

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Orar Jaxx's First WIP
« Reply #50 on: Feb 07, 2016, 05:44 PM »
Well, I think I'm just about ready to paint. 

Here's a pic of the molded back plate:

Holster belt is also done:

Hoping to paint everything today and then hopefully this week I can attach everything with velcro and then I'm done!

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #51 on: Feb 07, 2016, 07:03 PM »
I'm thinking the back plate needs to come up a bit; it looks like it's sitting a little low but otherwise I think it's looking good. Nice holster :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #52 on: Feb 07, 2016, 07:11 PM »
I agree, it's sitting pretty low.  Also, if you move your arms back, do they hit the backplate corners? You'll wind up with bruising if they do :(

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #53 on: Feb 07, 2016, 08:34 PM »
Aforementioned issues with the back plate aside, it looks pretty darned good.  And that holster is awesome.  Great job, vod.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Orar Jaxx

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #54 on: Feb 07, 2016, 09:12 PM »
Ok, I'll go ahead and move the backplate up, we actually had it up farther and I thought it would be better lower, so that'll be an easy fix.  I started doing some painting tonight, so I'll post some pics of that soon.

Orar Jaxx

« Reply #55 on: Feb 15, 2016, 03:01 PM »
So, I've had one heck of a cold the last week, so when I'm not at work, I was mostly sleeping, but I have made a pretty good amount of progress when I was awake and may be ready to submit my app tomorrow.  I've got almost all the velcro attached to my vest and flight suit, just need to do the backplate still.  I don't have a ton of pics of everything, but here's what I do have.

The weathering does actually look metallic, but in the pic it seems to look white.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #56 on: Feb 15, 2016, 08:10 PM »
Nice.  Looking really good.  Are you going to hit the weathering with black wash or leave it as is?

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Evaar'la Kal

• Pistachio!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #57 on: Feb 15, 2016, 08:38 PM »
Great work vod!  As a follow up to Havelock's question, if you do plan to blackwash your plates then I would suggest going over everything a couple times with different grits of sandpaper to give them some wear and scratches.  Just a tip :)

Instagram: @evaarla_kal

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #58 on: Feb 15, 2016, 09:03 PM »
Those shoulder plates though :o awesome!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Orar Jaxx

« Reply #59 on: Feb 15, 2016, 09:26 PM »
I thought about doing some blackwash, but I don't have any right now, so I figured at a later date I might, but for now I'm going to leave it as is.

And thank you everyone.  I'm glad you all approve, especially the shoulder plates, I love how they came out and the layered look.  :D

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
« Reply #60 on: Feb 15, 2016, 09:29 PM »
Toooooo glossy, dirty them up to take off that sheen.

corriban

• Mercs War Correspondent
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #61 on: Feb 16, 2016, 11:04 AM »
wowzers!!! looking great vod! get some dirt on them :P

Zasiya Adenn V2 | Dee Ca'tra
MERC #1078 | KOVA #0011 | M5 #42 | QMU #019 | ALLUMINATI #027 | PMS #003

Orar Jaxx

« Reply #62 on: Feb 16, 2016, 02:37 PM »
Well, I've officially applied!  I'm still not 100% satisfied with my girth belt and regardless of the outcome of my app, I think I may still make some modifications to that.  There's little things I'd still like to do to it, but I hope it's approval quality.  The only thing that occurred to me (now that I've got the pics and I'm at work) that might be an issue is that the girth belt was sitting over the back plate a bit, but worst case scenario I can adjust that and retake that pic.  Overall though, what do you think?

It was super bright out....

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #63 on: Feb 16, 2016, 04:01 PM »
looking good, I can see a couple of things which will likely need tweaking, I may as well tell you now rather than yo waiting on the official letter. Your cod is a little crooked, the plate spacing on the front torso may need a tiny bit of tidying up, and the backplate will need more forming to your back, you should not be able to see the inside of it in the side profile shots.
You may also need a balaclava - you have neck skin showing on the side pics and foam in the back pics in the helmet that may need a quick coat of black.

« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2016, 04:05 PM by Kris Jasra » Logged
Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Orar Jaxx

« Reply #64 on: Feb 16, 2016, 06:44 PM »
looking good, I can see a couple of things which will likely need tweaking, I may as well tell you now rather than yo waiting on the official letter. Your cod is a little crooked, the plate spacing on the front torso may need a tiny bit of tidying up, and the backplate will need more forming to your back, you should not be able to see the inside of it in the side profile shots.
You may also need a balaclava - you have neck skin showing on the side pics and foam in the back pics in the helmet that may need a quick coat of black.

Noted, I'll get to work on all that, thank you for letting me know.  :)

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #65 on: Feb 17, 2016, 12:22 PM »
Just curious if you have met any of the other Tampa mercs to work on your kit? I see a few small things they may get you dinged but you are def on track!

Malek Dair

• Ratiin ba'balut oya!
« Reply #66 on: Feb 17, 2016, 12:35 PM »

^^^ Other than this, looks spectacular! The paint is super cool! Nicely done vod!

Armour Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=94290.0

Helmet Thread (COMPLETED): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=95445.0

Soft Parts: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=107583.0

Gauntlets: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=114126.0

Education and armor, self defense, our tribe, our language and Our Leader All help us Survive

M.V.S. #29
B.O.M.B. #65
B.o.B.B. #009

Orar Jaxx

« Reply #67 on: Feb 17, 2016, 02:55 PM »
Just curious if you have met any of the other Tampa mercs to work on your kit? I see a few small things they may get you dinged but you are def on track!

I haven't, but I know there was supposed to be an armor party around Orlando, but it's on a day I work.

Orar Jaxx

« Reply #68 on: Mar 25, 2016, 03:05 PM »
I got my email the other day that after making some adjustments, my kit has been approved!  Thank you so much to everyone who helped me!!

Orar Jaxx

« Reply #69 on: Mar 25, 2016, 03:07 PM »
Does anyone know why it shows "Retired" on my profile though and how I fix that?

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #70 on: Mar 25, 2016, 03:53 PM »
Hey, congrats! ;D

Looks like it was just a temporary error, seems to be fixed now.

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7
« Reply #71 on: Mar 26, 2016, 12:50 AM »
Congratulations!

Malek Dair

• Ratiin ba'balut oya!
« Reply #72 on: Mar 28, 2016, 07:39 AM »
Congrats!

Armour Thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=94290.0

Helmet Thread (COMPLETED): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=95445.0

Soft Parts: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=107583.0

Gauntlets: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=114126.0

Education and armor, self defense, our tribe, our language and Our Leader All help us Survive

M.V.S. #29
B.O.M.B. #65
B.o.B.B. #009

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!