Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Heavy gunnder idea

• 2 Replies

bandasimmons

• Mentally I am in a Galaxy Far, Far Away...........
Heavy gunnder idea
« on: Jan 07, 2016, 10:10 AM »
I am wanting to make some kind of heavy gun for my main weapon, but I keep running into walls.  I was thinking of a multi barrel gatling type gun like what the clone troppers used in Episode 3, but anything I find to mod looks too earthly or cartoony (especialy nerf).  Then I thought some kind of grenade/rocket/missle launcher thing, but I can't find anything with a big barrel that looks like it shoots more than one round.  I don't think a star wars era grenade gun would be a one shot and done weapon.

Anybody have any ideas?  I have also been toying with the idea of adding blast plates to the shoulder area if I go with a missle type launcher, but I don't want to look like I am getting ready to joust...

« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2016, 11:01 AM by bandasimmons » Logged
There is no try, only do.  Unless you are building armor.  Then there is try and try again.  Maybe a little blood, cuss words, tears, pleas to a diety who has forsaken your build....

bandasimmons

• Mentally I am in a Galaxy Far, Far Away...........
Re: Heavy gunnder idea
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2016, 11:00 AM »
That is pretty much what I was thinking for the rotary barrels.  I was thinking about making it less clone like by adding an external shroud that is cut out to show the barrels.  This will have to wait until I get my current grad school class done, lots of writing being a history major!

Thanks for the pointers!

There is no try, only do.  Unless you are building armor.  Then there is try and try again.  Maybe a little blood, cuss words, tears, pleas to a diety who has forsaken your build....

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!