Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Cheap Pouches?

• 8 Replies

Jun'yar Ikaad

• The mando formerly known as Bata Aden
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
Cheap Pouches?
« on: Jan 07, 2016, 01:51 AM »
Where can I get inexpensive pouches for my ammo belt? I'm trying to spend $5 or less on each pouch, but I do not have the time to make my own pouches. :( any tips and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Cheap Pouches?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2016, 02:24 PM »
Where can I get inexpensive pouches for my ammo belt? I'm trying to spend $5 or less on each pouch, but I do not have the time to make my own pouches. :( any tips and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Mosin Nagant pouches are usually cheap and ridiculously plentiful.  If you wanna go cheap, they're the way to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400888928980?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

Jun'yar Ikaad

• The mando formerly known as Bata Aden
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2016, 12:44 AM »
Mosin Nagant pouches are usually cheap and ridiculously plentiful.  If you wanna go cheap, they're the way to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400888928980?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82
Thanks for the link! i'll definitely check those out

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2016, 10:45 AM »
One of the guys in my clan went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of generic cell phone pouches on a clearance rack.  As long as you cut off any tags with brand names or labels on them, you'll be fine.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Da'am Keldau

• Beskar Gett'se Clan - Montana
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2016, 10:51 AM »
sportsmansguide.com usually has some cheap military surplus pouches. Typically nagant and french military ones.

Fenris Claddanna

• Chaotic Fun
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2016, 12:44 PM »
What I'm doing for mine is something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Arms-Gear-Reproduction-Ammunition/dp/B00EPQ9LBE/ref=pd_sim_200_6?ie=UTF8&dpID=41RWkTyz7hL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1PPAWBJFHYBYKXM0QPJG

Basically, it's a repro M1 Garand ammo belt, although I picked mine up at a surplus store for about $15-$20, plus sales tax. The nice thing is that it already comes on a belt, so there is no extras needed to make it work (except covering up any logos. If you go this route, try and get one that does not have that lovely "US" stamp on it).

Also, a quick note on cell phone pouches: the CRL actually lists them as not being approvable for adult kits:
Quote from: CRLS
Ammo belt and pouches:

You must have at least two of the following items in any combination: ammo belt, girth belt or waist sash, holster belt.
    No cell phone pouches on ammo belts for adult submissions.
    A Girth Belt/Waist Sash MAY be a required addition depending on the need for coverage in the waist/girth area.

Oyacyir mav, ash'amur pirusti

OM#1624
Kyrimorut#021:KMB# 32:B.E.A.R.D.S#128:W.B. #08:MTS#082:M.M.R.S#017

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2016, 04:42 PM »
One of the guys in my clan went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of generic cell phone pouches on a clearance rack.  As long as you cut off any tags with brand names or labels on them, you'll be fine.

Can't recommend this since the CRLs don't allow that.

No cell phone pouches on ammo belts for adult submissions.

Hopefully they look a lot different than the average cell phone holster/pouch.

« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2016, 09:32 PM »
I might have a few spare mosin nagant pouches I could send your way for cheap.  I picked up some new pouches recently and these are just lying around.  I can dig them out and send you a photo if you want

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2016, 12:43 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KKMIRC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

These are larger pouches off amazon for pretty cheap. I have three and I hold my phone, keys, wallet, and other misc stuff in one pretty easily while I bulk out the other two with foam padding.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!