Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Repulsor Packs?

• 6 Replies

Talisman_21

• Planned Hunter Name: Apharek Tarsis
Repulsor Packs?
« on: Jan 12, 2016, 12:09 PM »
Hi all,

I'm planning out my Mando, but I was curious about Repulsor Packs.  I've heard about and read about them, and they sound like a very cool feature for a kit.  What I was wondering though is if there is anyone here who has attempted to make one before (successful or otherwise) who would have some suggestions or recommendations for the design and build process.

Talisman

Have blaster, will travel.

Og' Reh

• Ugliest Mandalorian you've ever seen!
  • Awards 40% increase or more
Re: Repulsor Packs?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2016, 11:16 AM »
I've been thinking on the idea for a while. One major thing that croses my mind, is that repulsors basicly go against the gravity vector (unlike jet thrusters).
Which basicly should be placed on front torso, to allow controlled free-fall and movement.
Also repulsor boots are probably not what you're looking for.

My idea is that it might implement several points of antigravity over some body parts, which would make it more spread out system than regular jet pack.

- My Lord! The field is lost! Army in disarray. This may be the end of the war...
- Desperate times need desperate measures... Call Mandalorians!
- Like... BOTH of them?

WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=105164.0
Bucket (complete): http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106492.msg1782976#msg1782976

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2016, 02:44 PM »
In-universe a repulsor pack works exactly like a jetpack, in that it has 'vectored thrust' points generally worn on the back.  the difference is instead of a fuel oxidation reaction generating thrust, it uses an antigravity field.  In-universe that means longer sustained flight, but lower flight ceiling.

A typical non-geek wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Talisman_21

« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2016, 10:56 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate the information.

arc97

« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2016, 11:20 AM »
Ive been thinking of this for when I finish my kit, I always imagined it as less rocket, more electronics like lights and fans.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2016, 01:19 PM »
I'd been kicking around the idea for repulsors on my kit, was thinking of putting "micro-repulsors" on my gauntlets and boots.  I have these caps from the boxed juices/sodas from work that fit this idea nicely.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Talisman_21

« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2016, 06:31 PM »
Interesting ideas guys. Its great to see I'm not the only one looking into this project!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!