Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Macrobinoculars WIP

• 3 Replies

Kyri

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member
Macrobinoculars WIP
« on: Jan 15, 2016, 01:58 PM »
Hey all. I am working towards Beast Hunter so wanted to make some macrobinoculars for my kit. Started off by buying some cheap binoculars off of amazon and the end piece off an old camcorder.

Then built a sintra casing.

Created a front cover to allow just the lenses to stick through.

Then did the same at the back for the lens. Also wrapped a chain around the binoculars and made small holes to pass it through.

Next step is to find out which greeblies I want to add and to smooth it all out before painting.

UPDATE

Added some greeblies:

Next to smooth around the edges / prime / paint. :D

« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2016, 03:30 PM by kyri » Logged

Kyri

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Beastmaster Brigade Member
Re: Macrobinoculars WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2016, 03:35 PM »
Bondod, primed and painted:

Needs to be heavily weathered with silver next.

Robidom

• Victory awaits those who never give up!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2016, 08:29 PM »
I like this! Gives me ideas for a future kit!

"Too noble to be a Sith, too volatile to be a Jedi... You'd be a GREAT bounty hunter!"

Always start with the big one, that way the rest seems easy and everyone thinks you're either insane, or a hardcase. Either way you win!

First kit WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=90059.0

Blasters WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=113456.msg1563160#msg1563160

Second kit WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=126140.msg1677297#msg1677297

Kyri

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2016, 09:59 AM »
Thanks vod! Feel free to steal my idea :D

Added silver weathering and an embossed mythosaur skull. Need to do some acrylic paint washes next.

Added the black wash and muddy weathering as the red symbol was way too bright ;) Outside of lacquer I consider these good to go.

« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2016, 04:55 PM by kyri » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!