Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bfa's armor bits

• 6 Replies

Bfahome

• I'm sure it will all work out in the end!
Bfa's armor bits
« on: Jan 16, 2016, 09:55 PM »

Don't have a solid plan as to the full armor design yet, but I decided to make a couple of small armor pieces that I know I'll use, being the shoe cover and shoulder bells/flaps (from the Jango templates).  Used the boiling water method to shape them, but the pot I borrowed wasn't big enough for the thigh plates I also cut out, so those will be done later.

At the very least, now I'm slightly familiar with the process.  Now on to finish my helmet and actually think of a cohesive design with some of the ideas I have.

Bfahome

Re: Bfa's armor bits
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 08:08 PM »
ARISE, THREAD OF THE ANCIENTS

After a successful armor party and plenty of help from my future fellow Wampas,  I have my chest armor done and shaped!

Front flats:

Shaped front plates:

Shaped back plate:

(Chest diamond is currently elsewhere but exists and looks like it'll work decently.)

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 08:54 PM »
Looks good!

Jedisalamander, OC: Meshura Ordo.

She/They

Mavik

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. EnviroOps Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 09:21 PM »
Keep up the good work

Bfahome

« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2016, 07:27 PM »
Pre-armor-party rush ahoy.

Got a leg armor idea whipped up, scratch-designed rather than based on templates.

A bit misaligned, just taped on to see what anyone else thought of the design/sizing.

A couple focused on the shnees:

They're based loosely on this piece used in the LEGO Star Wars buildable figure sets.

Vastoom

• How can I help you today?
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 25 official invasions. Force Hunter Brigade Member Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2016, 12:45 PM »
I like it. I would suggest that you make the thigh plates a little smaller to avoid the off balance look if you are going with a standard set of torso plates. Also speaking as someone who has walked with Tal Greyheed who has a similar design, you will not be sneaky. lol

Bfahome

« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2016, 03:20 PM »
Getting right back into it with renewed vigor.

Unfortunately my Dremel's battery is forcing some hard limits on how much I can do at a time, on the gauntlets at least.  And I'll need to find a way to shape the armor after it's cut out, because I don't want to have to use the oven method.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!