Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My helmet electronics

• 5 Replies

Fi-8015

• Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
My helmet electronics
« on: Jan 19, 2016, 09:49 AM »
Hi vode, today I finished my helmet electronics (at least for now). I was inspired by a lot of topics around here and wanted to share my setup.

This is the current state before I'll add padding:

Right cheek and ear:

In the upper left corner you can see a fan that keeps the visor clear. Below the visor there is a microphone connected to a stereo amplifier (the green circuit board) and two LEDs for a voice visualizer. In the ear are a speaker, a second fan and the batteries for the velleman amplifier.

Left cheek and ear:

In the lower left corner of the picture you can see the voice visualizer circuit, which is connected to the LEDs in the left and right cheek and a mic in the upper right corner. Above the second speaker and the third fan there is a circuit for the lights in my fin. The two boxes next to the fan are power supplies for fans, voice visualizer and fin lights.

I also did a short video of the setup from the inside and the effects on the outside. I since then changed to 4,5V instead of 9V for the lights and added the missing components. I hope you can follow my explanation, since I'm no native English speaker this might sound a bit funny:

Thanks for all the tutorials and inspiring material in this board.

Resin helmets for sale in the Trading Station

electriFi - Mando Electronics English / German

Ahn'vil Burk'yc

• | House Burk'yc |
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. EnviroOps Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: My helmet electronics
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:06 AM »
Very inspiring!

I'm curious what you used for the voice visualisation LEDs :) any links or a detailed tutorial? :P

thanks ahead Vod!

Hanjo Solba

• Member of the Mav oya'la Clan - OM# 1724
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:27 AM »
This is most impressive.  I would be curious to see how you wired everything up as well.

OM# 1724   Member of the Mav oya'la Clan      M.A.B.E.L. - #069
      Armor WIP  -    Recon Brigade WIP  -  Wife's WIP

Fi-8015

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2016, 10:24 AM »
Thank you!

The visualizer is basically an amplifier and I followed this tutorial:
http://www.moddingtech.de/tutorials/44-lichteffekte/172-sound-to-light-modul.html
Unfortunately it is in German only, but the schematics should be enough to replicate the circuit.

For the wiring I'm not sure what exactly you want to see.

Ahn'vil Burk'yc

• | House Burk'yc |
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. EnviroOps Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2016, 02:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply :) German isn't a problem, I'm belgian so it's not THAT different ( + I took electronics in school ) :)

Fi-8015

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2016, 08:25 AM »
Perfect

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!