Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sheep's soft parts

• 31 Replies
Re: Sheep's soft parts
« Reply #15 on: Apr 17, 2016, 11:41 PM »
Beautiful work.  I love the detailing on the sleeves (not sure what that's called).  Love the choice of orange for the piping, very 70s/OG Star Wars look and feel. 

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want...
  • Awards Most invasions trooped in 2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Weapons
« Reply #16 on: Apr 18, 2016, 12:42 AM »
Thank you so much! I follow your mando adventures on your facebook page and I love your kit so thank you very much! :)
Aww, thank you! I am excited to see how your kit turns out...I'm going to have to check out your armor WIP now too.

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

ElectricSheep

• Do what now?
« Reply #17 on: Apr 18, 2016, 12:58 AM »
Aww, thank you! I am excited to see how your kit turns out...I'm going to have to check out your armor WIP now too.

Aww yay!! Thanks for the support, vod! :)

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #18 on: Apr 19, 2016, 04:30 PM »
why can't I sew  :-[ :-[ :-[

2 colors on the vest is a pretty good idea. makes is more part of the suit instead just a why to hold the armor pieces. steeling this idea (A)

how far is you're total progress on the kit almost ready to go OM :D Haven't seen a bucket still working on it?

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

ElectricSheep

• Do what now?
« Reply #19 on: Apr 19, 2016, 10:44 PM »
why can't I sew  :-[ :-[ :-[

2 colors on the vest is a pretty good idea. makes is more part of the suit instead just a why to hold the armor pieces. steeling this idea (A)

how far is you're total progress on the kit almost ready to go OM :D Haven't seen a bucket still working on it?

I recently decided to shelf the current bucket I have for another one. I bought a Stalker bucket and decided to sell the TMA DW bucket I have. I was going to buy a Pre Vizsla bucket but I decided that I'll save that one for my next kit.

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #20 on: Apr 20, 2016, 01:07 AM »
Oe stalker bucket :) no pictures of it yet? stalker and NIght owl 2 of my favorite buckets for women :)

ElectricSheep

• Do what now?
« Reply #22 on: Apr 25, 2016, 08:01 PM »
Finished my pouches. I still need to seal them and the belt is still drying so I just kind of laid them out for a not great photo, haha. I'll be epoxying some black velcro onto the flaps after I seal the leather. I normally sew the gussets in but that didn't feel right for this so I used Barge, which I LOVE. I based these off the Jango style pouches and dip dyed them in saddle tan which is about as red as british tan(both were Feibings) There are a few things I could have done better but I feel like I get better with each leather project. When the holsters and belt are finished I'll post a better pic for scale.

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #23 on: Apr 26, 2016, 12:50 AM »
these look great :) hand made? could you please post a picture from the side (A) want to learn as much as possible from peoples builds :D

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #24 on: Apr 26, 2016, 10:42 AM »
Nice work on those pouches!!  I actually just got some leather and tools in to start making myself some customer leather bits.  Can't wait to get started, and I hope they turn out half as nice as those!  :)

ElectricSheep

• Do what now?
« Reply #25 on: Apr 27, 2016, 12:27 AM »
Nice work on those pouches!!  I actually just got some leather and tools in to start making myself some customer leather bits.  Can't wait to get started, and I hope they turn out half as nice as those!  :)

Leatherworking is a lot of fun! I'm excited to see what you make :) And Thank you much!!

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #26 on: Apr 29, 2016, 09:57 PM »
Some quality soft parts right here. 

Love the two tone flak vest and good lord dat piping on the flight suit!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

ElectricSheep

• Do what now?
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 11:40 AM »
Some quality soft parts right here. 

Love the two tone flak vest and good lord dat piping on the flight suit!

Thanks a bunch, vod! :D

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2016, 10:31 PM »
Wow. I am in awe of the vest and suit. Did you make your own pattern for the flight suit or modify a commercial pattern?

ElectricSheep

• Do what now?
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2016, 12:59 AM »
Wow. I am in awe of the vest and suit. Did you make your own pattern for the flight suit or modify a commercial pattern?

I made my own patterns for both! I started with a commercial pattern for the vest but modified it until it kind of became my own creation and I just kept the pattern for future reference.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!