Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sheep's soft parts

• 31 Replies

ElectricSheep

• Do what now?
Sheep's soft parts
« on: Jan 28, 2016, 09:58 PM »
Been a while so I thought I'd actually do a thing and get this build moving.

Flak vest almost finished. I haven't installed the invisible zipper yet and one side is only basted closed because I wanted to be able to move the garment around better while deciding where to sew the magnet pockets on. Once those are all planned out and sewn on I'll sew the sides up for good. This vest differs slightly from my concept because at the last minute I decided to add the tan sides, which I ended up really liking and I am glad I opted for. I think overall it'll still look great with my concept and finished armor.

I was going to post a pic of the base-coated armor plates on the vest but they were being difficult with the tape and it was all being difficult at the time so I'll probably have more pics soon.

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Sheep's soft parts
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2016, 10:03 PM »
Yup that's purdy.

You're making me sad that I can't sew :(

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

ElectricSheep

• Do what now?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2016, 11:31 PM »
Oh man, something is actually getting done. Here is my finished flight suit. I actually still need to hem the legs but I wasn't sure about going with these 'boots' so I haven't done that yet. Soon though. I might also add a snap in the collar so it stays put a little better. The whole thing was made of 97% cotton 3% spandex sateen for comfort. It is also two pieces, connecting in the middle with hidden snaps for easier bathroom breaks (hopefully because nothing is ever -that- easy in costume, let's face it haha). I used the rebelshaven tutorial as a guide for making my suit two pieces. Apologies for the terrible pics, the lighting in here isn't great at the moment. Feedback welcome! Enjoy!

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2016, 11:49 PM »
Looks really good vod.

« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2016, 02:09 PM »
That looks like its coming along beautiful!  Can't wait to see what you do next!

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2016, 03:07 PM »
Wow!  That flight suit is very nice!!!!  Oh, I'm also a big fan of your color scheme too.   ;) :D  :P

ElectricSheep

• Do what now?
« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2016, 07:58 PM »
Wow!  That flight suit is very nice!!!!  Oh, I'm also a big fan of your color scheme too.   ;) :D  :P

Haha after I chose my colors I saw your kit and knew I'd made a good choice, haha. Thank you!

Nishi Ja'tejag

• Kal bat te woor!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2016, 10:51 PM »
Those sleeve pleats and the orange piping really set this off as a masterwork flightsuit. Your skill and effort definitely show through!

Nishi Ja'tejag

Riye cuyir te tauira be a ori'jate jag.  Ni shi jate jag.  Pirusti, Ni cuy' an staabi!

Armour Planning WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=78236.0

Soft Parts WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=77697.0

WIP Photo Gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/aaronsneary/albums/72157717142691673

Backstory: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=196736.0

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2016, 01:26 AM »
Those are some really, really nice soft parts you've got going on there! Excellent work.  :)

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more

ElectricSheep

• Do what now?
« Reply #10 on: Apr 14, 2016, 09:30 AM »
Those are some really, really nice soft parts you've got going on there! Excellent work.  :)

Thank you so much! I follow your mando adventures on your facebook page and I love your kit so thank you very much! :)

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #11 on: Apr 14, 2016, 10:08 PM »
That looks amazing!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Apr 17, 2016, 10:55 PM »
I'm soooooooo jealous of those soft parts! I really need to learn to sew... Looking forward to seeing more!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

ElectricSheep

• Do what now?
« Reply #14 on: Apr 17, 2016, 11:02 PM »
Thank you so much! I have been thinking about opening commissions for soft parts, most specifically for ladies since I heard a lot of mando  ladies have trouble finding decent soft parts.

« Reply #15 on: Apr 17, 2016, 11:41 PM »
Beautiful work.  I love the detailing on the sleeves (not sure what that's called).  Love the choice of orange for the piping, very 70s/OG Star Wars look and feel. 

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #16 on: Apr 18, 2016, 12:42 AM »
Thank you so much! I follow your mando adventures on your facebook page and I love your kit so thank you very much! :)
Aww, thank you! I am excited to see how your kit turns out...I'm going to have to check out your armor WIP now too.

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

ElectricSheep

• Do what now?
« Reply #17 on: Apr 18, 2016, 12:58 AM »
Aww, thank you! I am excited to see how your kit turns out...I'm going to have to check out your armor WIP now too.

Aww yay!! Thanks for the support, vod! :)

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #18 on: Apr 19, 2016, 04:30 PM »
why can't I sew  :-[ :-[ :-[

2 colors on the vest is a pretty good idea. makes is more part of the suit instead just a why to hold the armor pieces. steeling this idea (A)

how far is you're total progress on the kit almost ready to go OM :D Haven't seen a bucket still working on it?

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

ElectricSheep

• Do what now?
« Reply #19 on: Apr 19, 2016, 10:44 PM »
why can't I sew  :-[ :-[ :-[

2 colors on the vest is a pretty good idea. makes is more part of the suit instead just a why to hold the armor pieces. steeling this idea (A)

how far is you're total progress on the kit almost ready to go OM :D Haven't seen a bucket still working on it?

I recently decided to shelf the current bucket I have for another one. I bought a Stalker bucket and decided to sell the TMA DW bucket I have. I was going to buy a Pre Vizsla bucket but I decided that I'll save that one for my next kit.

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #20 on: Apr 20, 2016, 01:07 AM »
Oe stalker bucket :) no pictures of it yet? stalker and NIght owl 2 of my favorite buckets for women :)

ElectricSheep

• Do what now?
« Reply #22 on: Apr 25, 2016, 08:01 PM »
Finished my pouches. I still need to seal them and the belt is still drying so I just kind of laid them out for a not great photo, haha. I'll be epoxying some black velcro onto the flaps after I seal the leather. I normally sew the gussets in but that didn't feel right for this so I used Barge, which I LOVE. I based these off the Jango style pouches and dip dyed them in saddle tan which is about as red as british tan(both were Feibings) There are a few things I could have done better but I feel like I get better with each leather project. When the holsters and belt are finished I'll post a better pic for scale.

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #23 on: Apr 26, 2016, 12:50 AM »
these look great :) hand made? could you please post a picture from the side (A) want to learn as much as possible from peoples builds :D

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #24 on: Apr 26, 2016, 10:42 AM »
Nice work on those pouches!!  I actually just got some leather and tools in to start making myself some customer leather bits.  Can't wait to get started, and I hope they turn out half as nice as those!  :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!