Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Different style - Vader-esque 2-piece approvable?

• 4 Replies

NegativeEleven

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Different style - Vader-esque 2-piece approvable?
« on: Jan 31, 2016, 01:03 AM »
About to start building a helmet for my girlfriend, who specifically wants something "different." When I began my helmet build, I intended to make the face removable or at least hinged like a biker scout, but never was motivated enough to figure it out. I was thinking, starting from scratch, has anyone tried doing a separate face/dome assembly like Darth Vader or Cobra Commander for a Mandalorian? Would it be approved?

MMCC - #1151 "El Evan" Modern Era
             - MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - BH-11110 RotJ Boba Fett
The Finest (G.I.Joe Costume Club)
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey
   - Destro

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Different style - Vader-esque 2-piece approvable?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2016, 02:09 PM »
About to start building a helmet for my girlfriend, who specifically wants something "different." When I began my helmet build, I intended to make the face removable or at least hinged like a biker scout, but never was motivated enough to figure it out. I was thinking, starting from scratch, has anyone tried doing a separate face/dome assembly like Darth Vader or Cobra Commander for a Mandalorian? Would it be approved?
I've seen a few flip ups like the scouts but as far as a two piece I've not yet seen anything approved. I say that but in the two years I've been luurking on the forums I've not seen such a thing. You might be able to be the first but I'd suggest keeping the app team in the loop for the whole process.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

NegativeEleven

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2016, 04:30 PM »
I guess Darth Revan is a face mask with cloth hood, so it's not completely unheard of. I assume it would be approved if it clearly looked like the mask covered the face and the "hood" or dome was just a decoration or add-on like the mando pilot style helmets, which appear to have an X-Wing shell over it.

MMCC - #1151 "El Evan" Modern Era
             - MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - BH-11110 RotJ Boba Fett
The Finest (G.I.Joe Costume Club)
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey
   - Destro

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2016, 04:34 PM »
I guess Darth Revan is a face mask with cloth hood, so it's not completely unheard of. I assume it would be approved if it clearly looked like the mask covered the face and the "hood" or dome was just a decoration or add-on like the mando pilot style helmets, which appear to have an X-Wing shell over it.
The mask for are an was a crusader era Mando mask so as long as the era fits the helmet it's good. But I'd stay away from masks and hoods for modern era as a full helmet is required by crl but a detachable helmet faceplate might be doable, like I said consult the app team while designing so that it works correctly and is approvable.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Ronan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2016, 11:42 AM »
Member Rav Sta'is is working on a 3D print of one.  I think they could be approved, if done right.  But they are pretty hard to figure out the engineering.  You have to figure how to keep it closed, as well as not make it too big.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!