Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Sound of Spurs

• 41 Replies

Tolman-Aaray Kyramud

• Do a barrel roll!
  • The Tolmanator
Re: The Sound of Spurs
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2009, 10:16 PM »
Yeah i was just thinking, if you want a clink clank sound, attach a metal plate to the bottom of your boots. When I think of that I think of Kyle Katarn in the olders games running on the metal Bridges. lol... Awsomeness

Aaray Kyramud

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2009, 10:43 PM »
I think I figured out what I'm going to do. This is both one of the simplest methods, but will also sound the best, I think.

I'm going to see how it all works out, but I'll plan on sewing some small pouches in the bottom of each leg of my pants, then get some blank keys from a hardware store and put them in the pouches. When I walk, they should rattle around each other, and not really be that noticeable to the average person.

« Reply #17 on: Jan 30, 2009, 10:45 AM »
I think I figured out what I'm going to do. This is both one of the simplest methods, but will also sound the best, I think.

I'm going to see how it all works out, but I'll plan on sewing some small pouches in the bottom of each leg of my pants, then get some blank keys from a hardware store and put them in the pouches. When I walk, they should rattle around each other, and not really be that noticeable to the average person.

Clever....but I think spare change would work better than blank keys.

Biohazard

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #18 on: Jan 30, 2009, 01:26 PM »
Clever....but I think spare change would work better than blank keys.

Possibly. Although, it does bring up the possibility of having something to lose if I get mugged. :D

I wonder what would give a brighter sound, but also a fuller sound too... though. I was thinking of keys because of the way they sound in loose pockets. That sound is fairly close to what I'd be looking for. I wonder if loose change would sound.... like loose change. I'd fear the sound to be too bright and crisp, versus the clunk kind of sound that the keys have cause they are thicker and wider... I think testing is in order...

« Reply #19 on: Jan 30, 2009, 01:34 PM »
Possibly. Although, it does bring up the possibility of having something to lose if I get mugged. :D

I wonder what would give a brighter sound, but also a fuller sound too... though. I was thinking of keys because of the way they sound in loose pockets. That sound is fairly close to what I'd be looking for. I wonder if loose change would sound.... like loose change. I'd fear the sound to be too bright and crisp, versus the clunk kind of sound that the keys have cause they are thicker and wider... I think testing is in order...

I dunno, I always sound awesome when I walk with change in my pockets. :D

Zazarus

• You can stuff a cat anywhere with enough jell-o.
« Reply #20 on: Jan 30, 2009, 01:42 PM »
I always sound broke because it's normally all the money I have clanking. LMAO

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #21 on: Jan 30, 2009, 01:53 PM »
I tried the washer and boot thing...didn't offer nearly enough "clank".

Biohazard

« Reply #22 on: Jan 30, 2009, 02:29 PM »
Hmm. Thanks for trying it though. Here's what I'm envisioning...

Mereelajum

• "Last Man Standing" - Daniel Logan
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #23 on: Jan 30, 2009, 02:33 PM »
That looks like it will work.

Sounds like a plan.....

Formally Mereel A’denla

Dar'manda

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #24 on: Jan 30, 2009, 02:37 PM »
I almost think it would work better if it weren't sewn onto the outside of the pantleg, but rather put into one of those large "boba-style" pockets on the belt that have the ability to flap around.

Kav'an Hatfield

• Old Man from Naast
« Reply #25 on: Jan 30, 2009, 02:47 PM »
In a busy area, are you sure people will be able to hear it?

Owner of Last Minute Gimmicks. Maker of Latex Masks.

Todd

« Reply #26 on: Jan 30, 2009, 02:50 PM »
What about some small copper pipe? Same key idea, have it suspended in a pocket, but pipe? Kind of like a wind chime in your pocket. Maybe 3 small diameter pipes, nothing too obtrusive. Let it hang and dangle.

Biohazard

« Reply #27 on: Jan 30, 2009, 03:42 PM »
In a busy area, are you sure people will be able to hear it?

Doesn't really matter. Sure, at a bigger con, etc, it will most likely not be consciously heard. Some people may pick up on it, but its of little important really. It's an ambiance and it won't be that much work to do it all, so... for those that will see me in a hallway, or on the street for a "walk" or the like... It's part of the atmosphere that the suit will carry, even if it isn't flash and "in your face"

Tolman-Aaray Kyramud

• Do a barrel roll!
  • The Tolmanator
« Reply #28 on: Feb 05, 2009, 04:09 PM »
Good idea dude, the keys FTW, BUT, maybe put them on an elastic string, so they bounce and jingle(?) I dont know, I think youve got a pretty solid idea.. I would maybe even suggest metallic marbles, but idk... Good luck with whatever you do man! :D

Aaray Kyramud

Kyraan Voshka

• This.....is.......SPARTAAAA!!!!
« Reply #29 on: Feb 05, 2009, 06:49 PM »
you can maybe put a small metal chain across your belt so it clanks against your cod piece.i heard one mando had done that but their name escapes me...

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!