Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

[WIP] Naritar Ka'ra - Mk1 OM 4-5-17 - NOW with UPGRADE punchlist!

• 101 Replies

Naritir Ka'ra

• If at first you don't succeed... reload.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
APP PICTURES:  March 29, 2017
Go ahead given by Regional Ruus'alor

Front

Close up, showing gap between collar and chest

Left

Back

Right

Weapons

Bucket off

====

WIP PICTURES ARE IN POST # 3, just below

Build: Light with Kama
Weapon: Vibro-pike, Westar 38's, hunting knife
Color Scheme:  Blue and Green, with yellow Kill Stripes / Accents

Soft Parts
Flight Suit:  DONE
Vest w/Neckseal:  Made from light gray duck cloth, quilted neck seal, velcro closure down the back - DONE (Just need minor Velcro for chest plates)
Girth Belt:  Went with a sash/loin/kama combo... DONE
Ammo Belt & Pouches:  DONE
Kama:  DONE
Boot Wraps:  Have material
Boots:  DONE
Gloves: DONE

Armor
Bucket:  Vader Juggernaut - primary color, kill stripes, some weathering, contrast color - DONE
Collar, chest, belly, knees, shoulders, back - DONE
Gaunts - DONE
Diamond - DONE
Boot Armor - DONE, need blackwash and velcro for boot wraps

Weapon Loadout
Blasters - DONE, except for blackwash
Boot Knife - DONE

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:26 PM by Naritir Ka'ra » Logged
MMCC #1755 | Invasions: 10
BOMB #57 | PMS #8 | MLCS #2 | WB #13 | VABS | MA #175 | MACK #41 | MTS #108 | MARS #66 | GOMOL #28 | MirShebs #16 | Wrang #3

I'll sign autographs, after the smoke clears.
Mk01 OM 4/5/17
F: naritir T: @naritir_kara IG: naritir
Story

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
Re: Naritar Ka'ra - Mark 1
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2016, 09:56 PM »
WIP is started.  Now let's get the progress started.  You're on your way!

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Naritir Ka'ra

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2016, 12:24 PM »
Commandeering my "gotta get my shebs in gear" post to make this my picture post, so you don't have to scroll down three pages to see it.  I'll get all my pics in here eventually.

2017-03-25 PRE-APP PICTURES!!!!!
Just going to let these speak for themselves:

2017-03-21
Boot armor cut and shaped, waiting for the rain to stop so I can paint.

One Westar is ready for blackwash.

2017-03-19

Layout picture of all armor, done and weathered!!! Also weathered ammo pouches and got starters on my accent colors on my blasters.

Okay - Soft parts are officially DONE, with the exception of weathering :P  **Forgive the imgur link, BOTH photobucket and flickr are not letting me access my photos right now.**  :-[  I'm still missing my knees (need straps or Velcro) and gaunts (need final paint and closures), but at least I have my iron heart now.
http://imgur.com/a/sgZoy

Good Progress This Weekend
Aaaaand... BOOM! This is about, 85% of it. Missing diamond, gaunts, knees, kama, gaters, and backplate (which needs trimming and reshaping.  BUT... PROGRESS!!!

This was when things were getting real. Velcro on plates!

First look with the vest and other soft bits:

I've had the sash/loin/kama cut and zigzagged for a couple of weeks. This weekend was about Velcro, hemming my vest, and more Velcro:

2017-01-16 - Another Mini Update
Knife is now done - and I absolutely LOVE how this has turned out. Used a flat brick red primer, then added the mottled paint with three colors of acrylic. Little trial and error to give it the look of polished wood. Finally sealed it with a clear coat and used Pledge furniture polish.  It seemed to do the trick.

Also... chest diamond!!!  :P

2017-01-15 - Mini Update
So today I finished my shoulder bells and got the accent color on my gauntlets.

Did some work on my boot knife by sanding down the very sharp edge, to make it more troop friendly

Not pictured... cut my chest diamond (finally) and painted the accent color.

2017-01-11
Back Plate now has the contrast chevs on it -- but when i was lining up my neck piece, to get the right starting points for the chevs on the back... I realized that the back plate is much wider than my neck plate. So, I'll be trimming down at the shoulders then tapering it in so it's got a nice curve. Hopefully not having to do too much painting on the edges.

And the "DONE" picture shows how crappy the lighting is in my house. Hahaha

DONE:

MASKED OFF:

2017-01-07 - Final painting on buy'ce!!  LOVE the green!!

and GRRRRRRRRR for the painter's tape stripping a bunch of the blue off (next photo) - but it was colder and raining that day... i know, unusual for Los Angeles!

Thanks to ALL who input on the green highlights! I really love the way it came out (except for that bit in the last photo.  maybe it was a really BIG blaster shot! lol
Oh, and it should be noted that most of the masking hasn't been removed yet. So there will be more chips and what not on the green ridges.

2016-12-26 - MOAR PAINT!!!
Buy'ce masked off for kill stripes

Shoulders getting a quick 'shield', which will be the background for my mythosaur skulls. There's about 2 inches of blue on either side.

Close up of chest plate masked for secondary color.

Top view of torso armor ready for secondary color

360 View of bucket with stripes and rudimentary weathering. Still need to figure out where my contrast is going to go

Torso armor unmasked (sorry it's sideways)

Bucket, shoulders (still a WIP) and my icky just-for-now knees

2016-12-05 - YES... that there is the first weathering and first coat of paint!!!
First coat of the primary color. Managed to get MOST of the paint on the beskar'gam, instead of me this time. Though a vod pointed out that I sprayed it on too thick, so it's taking forever to dry. But... live and learn. :)  Still... progress!!!

Used some liquid latex to paint on some dings and blaster shots, as well as some natural wear and tear where the plates may contact each other.

2016-11-16 - We have METAL!!!!
So, with the exception of one half of one clamshell gauntlet, which I cannot find right now, everything is primered, metaled (it's a word) and ready for clear coat.  Oh... and realized I don't have a chest diamond for some reason. I'm not happy with the knees, but I'm hoping to make them work for now and that will be my first upgrade.

Sooooo much sanding...

Primered... and more sanding, this time with the doggo helping.  Yes... primer... that helpful tool that shows you where you didn't quite sand as well as you'd thought.

Yeah... sanding fail.  :P

I'm officially a METAL-HEAD!!!  Damn, that's a beautiful buy'ce:

All the metal soldiers lined up in a row.

Much Mando. Such beskar'gam. Wow.

--------

2016-07-02 - Progress on Gauntlets and Knees
So, today I was able to get about 3 hours of solid work done on my kit. Now, stuff is setting up and drying, so... inside for some hydration and A/C.
By the way... Disturbed is GREAT to listen to when doing kit work... just throwin that out there.  Anyways... pictures:

Gauntlet with Comm System by Ter N Solo.  So, today I finished sanding the Bondo, and realized there were a number of gouges and spaces where I must've missed. Oops.  So, using my ever-present JB Water Weld epoxy putty, I filled in the oopsies. I didn't think I could quite pass them all off as battle damage.

Knees - using a simplified version of the Boba knees. It may be sacrilege, but I'm not going to do the dart casings... yet. :P

The gray is the Water Weld, you can see where I've used it to beef up the kneecap armor and fill in any gaps at the seams.

Lastly - a photo of all three beautiful things, now drying on my deck... in the shade, so the sun doesn't misshape the Sintra.

2016-06-13 - LOTS of updates

Okay so with the work done yesterday at my AP, I can now officially say that ALL of my armor pieces are cut, shaped and sanded.  With the exception of my knees - everything is primered. 

Vibropike is still on the list, but I do have a pair of Ter-n-Solo's Westar 38's that I'm working on, plus a vod gave me a really sweet wooden knife blank that I'll be using, ya know when ya gotta get up close and personal like.

I realize I haven't updated with pictures in a long ol while - but the chest plates are done (finally).  BUT, due to some happy circumstances, I have to rework my flight suit and vest, to take it in.  ;)

« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2017, 04:07 PM by Naritir Ka'ra » Logged
BOMB #57 | PMS #8 | MLCS #2 | WB #13 | VABS | MA #175 | MACK #41 | MTS #108 | MARS #66 | GOMOL #28 | MirShebs #16 | Wrang #3

Mk01 OM 4/5/17
Story

Naritir Ka'ra

« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2016, 01:12 PM »
Bucket front

Bucket - Bondo work, smooth as a baby Mando's bottom

Nerf Mod

Vibro Pike

Mk01 OM 4/5/17
Story

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2016, 02:05 PM »
That's a nice start.  Good job, vod.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Naritir Ka'ra

« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2016, 04:33 PM »
Thanks, Havelock - I've been lurking on your WIP thread for a while.  Let's get these kits done, ner'vod!!

Mk01 OM 4/5/17
Story

Zeafus

• Scorched Earth Studios
  • Awards 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs of charity work recorded Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2016, 04:47 PM »
Its a great start. Ill be following with anticipation.

Zeafus V.1 Armor Components WIP- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=92479.0
Special Weapons Brigade WIP (Pistoleer)- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=112447.0.
Scorched Earth Studios Forum Sales Thread- http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=118198.0
MMCC- #1320
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) a Society for current and former military - #34
M.L.C.S. #1

Naritir Ka'ra

« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2016, 04:05 PM »
Today's offering:

Working on shaping chest plates. More difficult on Femandos, but definitely challenging on my body type. But, here you go.  Feedback is welcome!!

Front, full body:

Side - you can see where hubs formed them around a bit:

Closer view of the spacing. The gaps from the darts will be bondo'd and sanded:
{picture coming soon}

And close up... Oh oh too close, a little too close:

Mk01 OM 4/5/17
Story

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2016, 05:42 PM »
May want to just run those darts up a little more, that bottom edge is still floating a little. But, that looks very nice, and beautifully adapted to fit you (breasts are just a pain aren't they?)

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2016, 10:25 PM »
Looks like it could use a little curve higher up, if possible from the bottom corner of the diamond cut out to the outside corner of the arm cut outs. Looks like you might have bit more give there, and would help the plates conform to your body better without having to mess with your darts much, if at all. I'll try to draw a line in paint or something to show what I mean.
You're close vod. Very close. Just a little more curve and you'll be golden

Something like this. Will probably also need to tweak some other parts (curve the outside edge out, for example) as well.

Like I said, you're very close. Certainly the suggestion to increase your darts will work. It might even be easier. I personally just think this would look better.

« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2016, 12:02 AM by Malakier Vhett » Logged
Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Naritir Ka'ra

« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2016, 10:27 AM »
Thanks Kris and Malakier for your suggestions. I'll play around with them a bit more at the armor party today. I'm excited about making progress!!

Mk01 OM 4/5/17
Story

Naritir Ka'ra

« Reply #11 on: Apr 15, 2016, 01:17 AM »
Been awhile, but some small progress made tonight before I lost the light.

Ear caps sanded and glued. The darts on my now trimmed chest plates bondo'd in. And some trimming done on my gaunts.

Lots of goopy Bondo. :P

Gauntlet is coming along... okay. We'll see.

Mk01 OM 4/5/17
Story

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #12 on: Apr 15, 2016, 01:20 AM »
We have progress! Yay!

Armor does not make a Mandalorian. The armor is simply a manifestation of an impenetrable, unassailable heart.

Naritir Ka'ra

« Reply #13 on: Apr 15, 2016, 06:22 PM »
Yes, because someone is on my shebs to get my kit done.  Hmmm... I wonder whooooooo...

Mk01 OM 4/5/17
Story

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
« Reply #14 on: Apr 15, 2016, 06:22 PM »
Yes, because someone is on my shebs to get my kit done.  Hmmm... I wonder whooooooo...
No clue who that might be.

So...any more progress?

Naritir Ka'ra

« Reply #15 on: Jul 02, 2016, 05:55 PM »
Updates posted on 3rd post, page 1.  Bumping

Mk01 OM 4/5/17
Story

Naritir Ka'ra

Re: [WIP] Naritar Ka'ra - Mark 1 UPDATED 11-16-2016 METAL!
« Reply #16 on: Nov 17, 2016, 05:58 PM »
Updates posted 11-16-16, photos are on the 3rd post.  Bump diddy bump.  Thanks for checkin it out, ner'vode.

Mk01 OM 4/5/17
Story

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
PROGRESS!!  Keep going!

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Naritir Ka'ra

Aaaannnnd... Another bump. hahaha.

Mk01 OM 4/5/17
Story

Ruus bal'Neta

• Awards Airmobile brigade member Award for 75 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Shock Infantry Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Those 3 divots on the left side of your bucket, are they part of the stock helmet or did you add those yourself? Either way they look really cool. Dart launchers perhaps?

Great seeing your progress. Now keep it up. :)

Brigades # 253 - Vanguard Division / Shock Infantry / Droid Hunter (1/18/18 1st approved)
Brigades # 310 - Striker Division / Special Operations / Privateer (10/16/19)
Brigades # 356 - Vanguard Division / Airmobile / Pilot (12/21/20)
Brigades # 361 - Striker / Field Ops Divisions // Special Operations / Environmental Specialist // Sniper / Arctic Operations (2/3/21)

Echo Darklighter

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions.
Those 3 divots on the left side of your bucket, are they part of the stock helmet or did you add those yourself? Either way they look really cool. Dart launchers perhaps?

Great seeing your progress. Now keep it up. :)
They're stock on the TomVader Juggernaut.  When I had one, I had originally planned to rig mine up with LEDs for a cool effect before realizing I mix with electronics as well as cats mix with water.

Malakier Vhett

• 'The Craziest Merc'
They're stock on the TomVader Juggernaut.  When I had one, I had originally planned to rig mine up with LEDs for a cool effect before realizing I mix with electronics as well as cats mix with water.
I planned the same before coming to the same realization! When I do a rebuild of this kit I'm thinking of turning them into dart launchers

Naritir Ka'ra

I planned the same before coming to the same realization! When I do a rebuild of this kit I'm thinking of turning them into dart launchers

Good idea. I had toyed with the idea of adding electronics, but at this point, I'm just going to finish and get OM. First upgrade to this kit is gonna be knees. Then I'll look at maybe adding some shinies whilst I plan my legacy beast tamer.

Mk01 OM 4/5/17
Story

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
I had toyed with the idea of adding electronics, but at this point, I'm just going to finish and get OM.

So incredibly right there with you.   :laugh:

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Naritir Ka'ra

So incredibly right there with you.   :laugh:

This is OUR YEAR!!! C'mon Havelock, we can do this!

Mk01 OM 4/5/17
Story

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!