Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Weeeeee....on my way, slowly

• 245 Replies
Weeeeee....on my way, slowly
« on: Feb 14, 2016, 11:40 PM »
 Gday vod,
 Kind of new here, just started basic paint on my helmet, at this stage it's primed and a silver layer down for the metal look. This is a mne helmet, or dsb1 from a few years ago, the ears and stalk aren't in the pics at this stage
I'll add them in later
I plan on a mandolorians protector kit, so I'll aim for a Fett, jodo, or shysa, dala style paint job and colours

Here's some pics

Here's primed

Here's a possible love interest for capt fasma

That's all at this stage, stay tuned

Pulse

Re: Weeeeee....on my way, slowly
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2016, 11:39 AM »
Looking great! Nice job

Mando WIPs - Armor | Helmet | Soft
Vornskr Clan | MMCC #....
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2016, 11:02 PM »
This looks awesome. 

Knightwarrier

• Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2016, 11:26 PM »
Looking good! I'm not far behind. May start painting my assassin helm next week.

Helmet Build http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=103060.0
Gauntlets http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=103062.0
Torso Armor - http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=103496.0
Girth Belt - Not Started
Shin Armor - Not started
Boot Armor - Not Started
Knee Armor - Not Started
Weapon (sidearms) - Not Sta

Kruser

• Helmet on. Heart gone.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad 40+ hrs Charity Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2016, 01:37 AM »
Looks good!  Keep it up!

Need help resolving an issue in the Cabinet?
Please file an Expectation Remediation Request
Expectation Remediation Request Form
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2016, 03:26 AM »

Just a sneak peak due to paint still tacky, I got a little impatient

« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2016, 06:46 AM »

That's roughly all removed, tomorrow I'll give it a better rub then mask again for last layer of orange, slight lighter colour
After looking at that I think ill paint cheeks a white colour, let the kiddies see there is another figure of awesomeness other than Boba Fett, and he is known as.....🤔🤔 "The Unknown Mando"

« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2016, 06:58 AM by brett » Logged
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2016, 08:14 PM »
Gday all, I reckon I've finished the face
What do you think

Next stage maybe the upper cheeks

Da'am Keldau

• Beskar Gett'se Clan - Montana
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2016, 09:16 PM »
That weathering looks awesome!

« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2016, 10:25 PM »
Thanks vod, thought I'd try something different, wasn't real sure about the colours at first but it's looking ok

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2016, 10:37 PM »
:Leans in, eyes narrowing: This looks promising...I'll be keeping my eye on this one!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2016, 02:01 AM »
Maybe the last update for awhile
Needs a clean up of some loose paint and masking liquid, then give a day or two to fully dry
Today I painted the upper cheeks, used a tamiya paint for top coat. Real easy paint to use and the colour wasn't much darker than the other coat I used before it
Did have a little issue on left cheek but that'll get covered in day or two with light grey then white-ish colour
After its all finished then the colour washes to really dirty the filthy thing up

Da'am Keldau

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2016, 01:02 AM »
Thanks vod, thought I'd try something different, wasn't real sure about the colours at first but it's looking ok

Totally not biased or anything (<_<),  but you can't really go wrong with orange,  ha.

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2016, 01:58 AM »
Totally not biased or anything (<_<),  but you can't really go wrong with orange,  ha.
Oh I'm sure you could but not with how well these are turning out.

Looking good by the way Vod, I've been watching for a couple days.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2016, 05:27 AM »
Thanks vod, I'm not sure how to insert quotes yet so I'll just ramble on

I like orange, I think the hard part with choosing a colour is getting the right shade, matching shades that work together. I do like how this is turning out, I'm very happy so far
At this stage I'm planning on white cheeks, or whitish, I'm planning on eventual mando protector.
A question for all who read and please give your opinion, what do you think looks better boba colours on cheeks or the whitish colour
thank you for your time and the kind words
" The Unknown mando"

Da'am Keldau

« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2016, 11:00 AM »
It's hard to say... Do you have a mockup of what the rest of your armor is going to look like?

« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2016, 06:45 PM »
What I had in mind was a mando protector, a heavily weathered one, love to go mythos standard
So a lot of it would be boba, jodo colours, dala and shysa were sometimes shown with white cheeks
Although I do have a marvel comic of original Star Wars, ESB and RoTJ. In it is boba with with white checks, and green flight suit.
I think I'll paint the rest of the bucket and leave the cheeks last. See how it all comes together

Da'am Keldau

« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2016, 06:48 PM »
The more I think about it, white would look pretty wicked...

« Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2016, 06:55 PM »
It would stand out and I have seen one or two before with a shade of white on the cheeks
I'll have to see what I have in paint

« Reply #19 on: Feb 18, 2016, 10:31 PM »
Here's alittle more of an update
Painted the back and dome with a boba green in mind. At this stage it's not done, to me it looks flat, the weathered sections need more layers, the whole lot needs more, but that'll come. It still needs cleaning up as it's still a bit sticky
What do you guys think
There still needs orange paint added to the headband as well, and key slots cutout.....I'm not organised and can't really work that way

« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2016, 10:48 PM by brett » Logged

Bowfanny

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: Feb 18, 2016, 11:47 PM »
Organized or not you're doing fine.

QMU#084
« Reply #21 on: Feb 19, 2016, 12:10 AM »
Thanks vod....looking at it I just realised I should add killstripes, how many should I add, might write in mando "lots" or "heaps"  🤔🤔 nah that's crap
Mmmm decisions, I'll be busy for a bit trying to detail this more
Take it easy

Bowfanny

« Reply #22 on: Feb 19, 2016, 01:39 AM »
Thanks vod....looking at it I just realised I should add killstripes, how many should I add, might write in mando "lots" or "heaps"  🤔🤔 nah that's crap
Mmmm decisions, I'll be busy for a bit trying to detail this more
Take it easy
12 kill stripes for 12 movies? Boba has 14 per Empire Strikes Back or 18 per Return of the Jedi.

QMU#084
« Reply #23 on: Feb 19, 2016, 02:54 AM »
I may not go that high, think 6 or 7 maybe more believable for my guy.... May leave the stripes until I get mercs approved

Little bit more detail, and dirtying it up

« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2016, 08:20 AM by brett » Logged

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #24 on: Feb 19, 2016, 12:00 PM »
:nods head in approval: not bad! Looks really good and subtle

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!