Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Story's WIP ~ soft parts

• 22 Replies

Storyteller

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions.
Story's WIP ~ soft parts
« on: Feb 18, 2016, 07:21 PM »
Heyo Vode!

Started working on my kit recently and thought I should drop by here. Here is a rough sketch of how I would want my kit to look.

As far as the design goes I'm going to do my best to stick to it, but who knows when inspiration may strike  ;)

So I started my cape after several pattern drafts and a practice cape... Didn't mess up on the fabric so that's a score! Here is a pic of the basic cape.... didn't have anyone to take the picture so not the best picture but oh well  :P

I'm planning on adding a mythosaur's skull, similar to Aria's kama  :D http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=90575.0  These are the colors

The skull will be the yellow and then I'm thinking about doing a red panel of sorts down the middle...

Thoughts, comments?

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
Re: Story's WIP ~ soft parts
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2016, 05:05 AM »
I like your cape shape! Looks like a good concept for your kit colours- I'm a big fan of multi colour kits, and I like how you're tying in the colours and stripe on the armour with the cape. 

Ariarenee's Kama is pretty amazing isn't it?  Her patience with that one must have been out of this world.

Aria

• They told me to dress for the job I want
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2016, 11:44 PM »
Haha, I'm famous!  ;) Sort of.

As always, Story, looks good so far!

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Storyteller

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2016, 09:26 PM »
Haha, I'm famous!  ;) Sort of.

As always, Story, looks good so far!
I would say your famous! Your Twi'lek kit is looking amazing btw!

I like your cape shape! Looks like a good concept for your kit colours- I'm a big fan of multi colour kits, and I like how you're tying in the colours and stripe on the armour with the cape. 

Ariarenee's Kama is pretty amazing isn't it?  Her patience with that one must have been out of this world.
Her kits are definitely amazing! Can't wait till my kit is done to troop with her!

Anyway, realized I never updated this thread with new pics... So without further ado

Front

Back (still not finished with the cape, also my neck seal was acting funny)

gloves

and sizing check before I sew the fabric girth belt

As always comments are appreciated!

Da'am Keldau

• Beskar Gett'se Clan - Montana
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2016, 09:31 PM »
I really like the design of your cape.

Avidem

• ba'slanar nayc vod bat te kyrbej
« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2016, 09:32 PM »
Daleks!!!

Ok, that's out of the way your soft parts are looking very good.

Aria

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2016, 01:10 AM »
Looking good so far!

Really like that cape...maybe it's the colors?  ;) And the gloves look very comfortable.

The Aria Pics
He/Him
Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness || MMCC#1248 || Light Melee#001 ||  M5#47 || Ficus Relocation Brigade

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2016, 08:14 PM »
Kandosii, vod, ori'kandosii.   ;D

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Storyteller

« Reply #8 on: Apr 25, 2016, 08:46 PM »
Looking good so far!

Really like that cape...maybe it's the colors?  ;) And the gloves look very comfortable.

What can I say, your kit "may" have had an influence on me...

Daleks!!!

Ok, that's out of the way your soft parts are looking very good.

;D Daleks are nice... Thanks  :)

I really like the design of your cape.

Thank you very much!

Kandosii, vod, ori'kandosii.   ;D

Ori'vore vod!  ;D

Finished my girth belt, and I weathered the buckle for it and my bet (future amo belt) but photobucket doesn't feel like cooperating at the moment so pictures will have to wait until later. My flak vest is also almost complete, but I messed up the neck so adjustments are being made.  :laugh:

****Edit****

Pictures ahead!

Details on buckle

and on belt

All the pictures I have for now!  ;D

« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2016, 09:25 PM by Storyteller2899 » Logged

Aria

« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2016, 10:57 AM »
*is supper proud of the ladies in my clan*  :D

The Aria Pics
He/Him

Avidem

« Reply #10 on: Apr 27, 2016, 05:24 PM »
If you consider little balls of condensed hate nice that is.

Storyteller

« Reply #11 on: Apr 27, 2016, 09:06 PM »
*is supper proud of the ladies in my clan*  :D

High praise coming from you :)

If you consider little balls of condensed hate nice that is.

That is a very accurate description.... Lol  :laugh:

Hopefully can get some work done on the kit tomorrow :)

Avidem

« Reply #12 on: Apr 27, 2016, 11:24 PM »
Coming along nicely.

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 07:19 PM »
Amazing progress.  Keep up the great work!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

Storyteller

« Reply #14 on: Jan 25, 2017, 03:46 PM »
Realized I never updated this thread... oops  :laugh: lots of pics ahead  ;D

Ok here it goes, very pic heavy lol

First of all I made a dummy out of an old shirt, a microphone stand, and a lot of plastic bags  :laugh:

Spent some time adjusting the cape to make it flow better (ignore my bad position of my girth belt).

I got new gloves that fit better

Last but certainly not least I worked more on my flak vest. Hurrah for progress!
Front

Back (there is a part that i have to iron on the left side...)

And then side views. I pinned the vest to the dummy for now, but i adjusted my hook and eyes so they would hold the vest where the pins are now. I also still have to sew one side of the vest on the shoulder. I'm thinking about using an invisible zipper to be able to get the vest over my head, but still have it be tight enough on my neck.

And to top it all off here is the vest on me...

I still have to actually sew the left shoulder, so if it looks funky that's why. I also plan on adding another eyelet towards the bottom of the vest for a better fit.  ;D

Havelock

« Reply #15 on: Jan 25, 2017, 03:50 PM »
This is coming along so nicely.  Keep it up, vod!

Myra Tiin

• Outer Space Vandal
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2017, 04:27 AM »
Never thought about this system to close your flak vest :o That's a good idea easy to sew and to put on :D

Really nice work !

Desert ops Brigades - WIP  - Pixel Mandos
 QMU #017 - KOVA #002 - EMTS #118

Storyteller

« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2017, 01:14 PM »
Im being lazy and just quoting my clan build thread  :P

Thanks guys  ;D Can't stop this progress lol  :P so I finished the cape and the shoulder on the flak vest. I just have to add the shoulder tabs on the vest. ALmost done with the softparts! Besides weathering...

I don't think i'm forgetting anything....

I also added a third eyelet to the vest

Also worked on the shoulder tabs, thoughts?

« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2017, 04:15 PM by Storyteller2899 » Logged

Havelock

« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2017, 06:11 PM »
Those look like they'll work nicely.

« Reply #19 on: Feb 19, 2017, 12:28 AM »
These are really cool closures for the flak vest. I love the idea!

The flak vest part is giving me fits. How did you get it over your head? Does it close on the shoulders too?

-- Vin

Storyteller

« Reply #20 on: Apr 16, 2017, 02:10 AM »
These are really cool closures for the flak vest. I love the idea!

The flak vest part is giving me fits. How did you get it over your head? Does it close on the shoulders too?

Yea the vest is definitely difficult.  :laugh: I have a hidden zipper in the left shoulder seam along with a few small hook and eyes to cover the zipper. I'll add some pictures of this and updates later  ;D

*****edit*****
And here come the pics. Like I said there is a hidden zipper along with a few hook and eyes to close around the zipper

My vest is complete, so cheers for that. Also found another belt that I can use.

« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2017, 04:45 PM by Storyteller2899 » Logged

Storyteller

« Reply #21 on: Jul 10, 2017, 04:50 PM »
Unfortunately with photobucket changing their hosting policy, some of my images are lost, but I'll just show the current progress of everything now.

Here is everything before weathering

Weathered softparts. The cape still needs some work.

Storyteller

« Reply #22 on: Sep 29, 2019, 09:32 PM »
SO I neglected to post here, but I'm official now woohoo  :porg2:

« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2019, 09:43 PM by Storyteller2899 » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!