Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Looking to score cheap Sintra

• 2 Replies
Looking to score cheap Sintra
« on: Feb 22, 2016, 05:42 PM »
I live in Northern Kentucky, and am trying to find cheap Sintra to start making Armor sets for me and one of my friends. If anyone has ideas or suggestions, they are all appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Vhekadla Yustapir

• Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Family events Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Looking to score cheap Sintra
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2016, 09:17 PM »
Sign shops, sign shops, sign shops. I can't stress this enough. While you can find sintra for cheap online the shipping costs are astronomical and drive the prices up really high. Also keep in mind that sintra is just a brand of expanded pvc. The same material goes by other names as well such as foamex, celtec (the brand I use), etc... Don't be afraid to call around locally!

I live in Georgia and managed to find a place called sign-works unlimited which doubled as a graphic designer location. They had a warehouse full of the stuff. For $80 I got two sheets in total, each 96" by 48", of 3mm ($30) and 6mm ($50). That's not the kind of price you can find online. ;D

If you are struggling to find local shops you will sometimes find that if you call the major plastics companies that are nearby they can often point you in the right direction if they are feeling helpful. That's how I found my supplier. :)

Arqet Clan
Alor’ad: 2022-Present , Ruus’alor Sol’yc: 2020-2021, Ruus’alor: 2020

"Inspire others to weather adversity and cultivate growth through empathy and leadership, so that every person may be empowered to reach for their stars."

Path to Brigade:  Armor Thread
Re: Looking to score cheap Sintra
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2016, 09:46 AM »
Ok, thank you very much! This will really help!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!