Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Where can. I find a crimson flight suit?

• 11 Replies

Kyran

Where can. I find a crimson flight suit?
« on: Feb 24, 2016, 05:18 PM »
So I've been thinking I've added a third color to my current scheme of silver(metallic)/black and that is a dark red/Crimson. So with that in mind I thought having a crimson flight suit would work well with my black vest. But I haven't found diddly squat. So does anyone know where I could find one? Either from a store or possibly custom made? I also tried searching for Crimson jumpsuits(which sent me to women's fashion) with no luck.

So if any one could direct me in the proper direction that'd be swell ^.^ thanks guys.

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Where can. I find a crimson flight suit?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2016, 05:27 PM »
Hm I don't know if you can find a premade one - they sell bright red ones, but it's not the same.

Sidi Ren makes custom flightsuits, so I'm sure she could make you one in the right colors.

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Kyran

« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2016, 09:09 PM »
Thanks  ;D

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2016, 09:56 PM »
Try scrubs.  They come in a wide variety of colors, are easily available and aren't very expensive.

Look around at an industrial supply store, at a store that exclusively sells scrubs or even some of the big box department stores for them.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Kyran

« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2016, 10:36 PM »
Do they sell those in long sleeve, or would I have to sew sleeves on?

Though that might not be a horrible idea since scrubs aren't super duper expensive :P

mishakitty

• Glitter'alor
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Special Operations Brigade Member Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2016, 10:53 PM »
Try Red Kap. They may have them. I know they have bright orange for pilots ;)

E.M.T.S. #1 ~ Founder ~ Glitter Faerie In Chief

Get Elegant: Join the Elegant Mando's Tea Society

Official Invasions: 67

Various upgrades and whatnot

Dral Kar'ta (Dar's GlitterHeart)

Kyran

« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2016, 11:12 PM »
Try Red Kap. They may have them. I know they have bright orange for pilots ;)

Just checked they got nothing, but thanks for the suggestion :) I'm going to look for scrubs and a tailor so I can add longer sleeves, and if not that, then to the custom coverall it is.

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2016, 02:21 AM »

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Kyran

« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2016, 06:36 AM »
lol I went to there site I didn't see that one -.-

It's a lighter red then I wanted but isn't there a way to darken colors?

Thanks by the way ^.^

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Feb 25, 2016, 07:54 AM »
Do they sell those in long sleeve, or would I have to sew sleeves on?

I am a big proponent of scrubs.  They're very comfortable and unlike some of the military grade flightsuits out there, they don't get ridiculously hot on long troops.

I wear scrub pants and a long sleeve lab jacket.  They do make long sleeve scrub tops, but you will probably have to special order them or get them off the interweb.  You will have to take a seam-ripper to them and remove any logos or extraneous pockets.

I tuck the lab jacket into the pants, and my vest covers the buttons that run down the front of the jacket.  Some people buy two pairs of pants and a short-sleeve top, then cut off the bottoms of one pair of paints and sew them on as arms (you also have to take them in), or they cut the bottoms of the second pair of pants and for the double-sleeve look. 

A two-piece flightsuit is acceptable as long as they match in color and material, giving the illusion of a one-piece garment.  You will need a sash, girthbelt or something to cover the transition from the pants to the jacket, but most people would have that anyway.

There's a uniform store near where I work that sells scrub pants and the lab jacket for $20-25 each.  Check the sales racks, too.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Kyran

« Reply #10 on: Feb 25, 2016, 09:24 PM »
How about these?

http://www.awawork.com/cc18rd.html

I'm gonna try these first, and just so I'm certain, the numbers are the waist size, and the RG is the regular size right?

I'm about 185 or so, and 5'8, and I'm a 36 waist, so I should just get the 36 RG chest?

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 25, 2016, 10:15 PM »
I'm gonna try these first, and just so I'm certain, the numbers are the waist size, and the RG is the regular size right?

I'm about 185 or so, and 5'8, and I'm a 36 waist, so I should just get the 36 RG chest?

Whichever is larger.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!