Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Flight Suit-Scrubs question.

• 2 Replies

Dahrken

• What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Flight Suit-Scrubs question.
« on: Feb 17, 2016, 12:40 PM »
I'm working on my flight suit of scrubs currently.  I am about to add the long sleeves to the top portion.  One of the thoughts going through my head currently is regarding the hoses for my gauntlets that I was looking to run up into the sleeves.  As opposed to sewing them in, has anyone tried just using velcro to add the long sleeves to allow for adjustments when dealing with something like this.

MMCC# 1952
M.V.S. #058

Kavryn Falco

• I am the advice ninja
  • Awards Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Celebration Chicago 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: Flight Suit-Scrubs question.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2016, 07:35 PM »
I don't know if Velcro would hold, but I've seen some people do a hook-and-loop system that seemed pretty nifty.

Kotyc solus guyani, a mirdala solus shukala.
The strong one survives, but the clever one conquers.

Build & upgrades | Hurty things | K.O.V.A. #15 | M.A.R.S #7

Draceline

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Special Weapons
Re: Flight Suit-Scrubs question.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2016, 11:56 PM »
After using it for a kids theater, I'd say if stitched in properly, a medium or heavy duty velcro ought to hold. Don't use sticky. Just don't use attach stuff to the sleeves that is clearly too heavy for the velcro to support.

I've actually attached sleeves to a dress this way for a Shakespeare play in which clothing was getting torn off in a fight. It was surprisingly sturdy. One actress had trouble ripping the sleeves off.

"As Mandalorians, we don't need the Force.
But should you ever want it on your side, don't give it a choice:
Make the Force be with you."

Armor - Soft Parts - Buy'ce - Armory
MARS #47 | NOS #02 | LOB #18 | Draluram #8 | MAJIC #161

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!