Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mayja Fett (WIP) *snag and break*

• 1 Replies

505boba

• Just another lover of Mandalorian Culture
Mayja Fett (WIP) *snag and break*
« on: Mar 07, 2016, 01:46 PM »
So Its late night in Lubbock. I'm in my apartment cutting out armor and it so happens that I split my collar pieces in two pieces. I was heart broken , but since this is the first time for me doing it. So no problem really. Any suggestions on how to put it back together that it can later be molded later to be formed.

Thanks
Mayja Fett

Godspeed and Goodhunting

Cin Vhe'rang

• No Kill Like Overkill
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Mayja Fett (WIP) *snag and break*
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2016, 11:36 PM »
So Its late night in Lubbock. I'm in my apartment cutting out armor and it so happens that I split my collar pieces in two pieces. I was heart broken , but since this is the first time for me doing it. So no problem really. Any suggestions on how to put it back together that it can later be molded later to be formed.

Thanks
Mayja Fett
What's your collar plate made of, and are you doing a custom kit?  If you need an immaculate repair, turn to E6000 for hold and Bondo to smooth it over and give it a finished look.  If you're going for custom, accentuate the bad bastard.  Back-reinforce it with fiberglass, then secure it together with hot glue or other heavy epoxy to form a faux weld line, or attach reinforcement plates and rivets as either a patch or a connecting strip.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!