Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Trophy Of War: Nightsister Arm Guard from SWG

• 14 Replies
Trophy Of War: Nightsister Arm Guard from SWG
« on: Mar 08, 2016, 12:57 AM »
Had to take a break from working on my kit. Too many ideas and loss of direction, so I put it all down and started a little side project. I always loved the Nightsister Arm Guards from galaxies, and figured it could make a good trophy of sorts. So here we go.....

Broke it down to 3 pieces, and drew the pattern onto the sintra.

Molded the pieces. Attached with plasti-craft. Drew on the symbols the best I could..... the graphic they used is old as all hell and thus crap compared to other items in game.

Used a dremel to cut out the symbols, then painted it grey just to see how it all looks.

Dremel'd the symbols out some more, and used plasti-craft to build up the edges....

Since it looks like stone I started with a black base.

Gave it a coat with that crappy "stone texture" paint from Rustoleum, just for a good texture. Wasn't a fan of how smooth just the sintra and plasti-craft looked.

99% finished. Going to add a little more black & dark grey into the symbols to increase contrast.

Build Completion Goal: Release of Episode 8. May 26 2017.

(Can't say Im not reasonable!)
Re: Trophy Of War: Nightsister Arm Guard from SWG
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2016, 01:00 AM »
Any thoughts or tips would be awesome. I've never done any of this before, so Im just kinda messing around with everything.

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2016, 01:24 AM »

Just darkened it up a tiny bit to make the symbols pop a little more. I think Im finished? haha

Da'am Keldau

• Beskar Gett'se Clan - Montana
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2016, 01:30 AM »
Thoughts? It looks amazing! The only thing I could think of doing is a blackwash but it sounds like you intend to do that anyway.

Edit: actually, brownwash would look more natural on a stone-like surface.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2016, 08:38 PM »
Wow  :o

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2016, 11:22 PM »
Thoughts? It looks amazing! The only thing I could think of doing is a blackwash but it sounds like you intend to do that anyway.

Edit: actually, brownwash would look more natural on a stone-like surface.

Was debating between a brown or black wash, but I think I may go brown wash tonight ;-) Thanks for the input! Just put a base coat on the shins/knees of my kit, gonna probably get into that now.

« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2016, 02:08 AM by AllericEasyvain » Logged

« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2016, 02:03 AM »

First pass was way too heavy, so I had to go back over with some grey again and dull stuff down. Also took some of the brown and lightly went over the moss spots to dull them out a bit too.

« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2016, 02:07 AM »
Oh yeah and incase you didn't play galaxies and haven't seen one before, this is what it should look like. Since its an older graphic, I ended up having to play around a bit/fill stuff in. Also figured since Dathomir is basically a bog, it would have some moss spots on it.

Brenning

• Now with 40% MORE delusional goodness!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2016, 10:30 PM »
 :o

Wow!

I'm seriously jealous of your skills here.  I wish I had the skills to make one of these.  Not for myself, but for a friend I actually met through SWG who always wore one of these on her character (and even has replicas in other games such as Second Life).  If I get to a point where I feel comfortable enough to attempt it, do you mind if I take inspiration from your process?

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2016, 11:58 PM »
Not at all! Please do! Im having a friend help me make some downloadable templates for them and a few other side props? from the game. (That game CONSUMED close to 3 years of my life..... So I draw lots of inspiration from it haha) Whenever I do get templates made up I'll be sure to post em up!

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 02:10 PM »
Not at all! Please do! Im having a friend help me make some downloadable templates for them and a few other side props? from the game. (That game CONSUMED close to 3 years of my life..... So I draw lots of inspiration from it haha) Whenever I do get templates made up I'll be sure to post em up!

I decided to make my own set of Mandalorian armor because I could never wear it in SWG, Stupid Ithorian armor restrictions....

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 02:11 AM »
 :o  Vod...this is an amazing work of art!!!

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 07:54 AM »
I decided to make my own set of Mandalorian armor because I could never wear it in SWG, Stupid Ithorian armor restrictions....

Now why couldn't Ithorians wear Mando armor?  They already have a T-shaped HEAD! :P

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 12:59 AM »
I don't know if you're interested but you could get some of the little fake "bushes" the use for miniature towns, hit it with a little crayola green paint and it looks like real moss.

"It makes me happy that I make you nervous...that tells me you aren't stupid."

Armor:

Helmet:

Techblade a.k.a Dral Tracinya : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=111300.0
« Reply #14 on: Nov 05, 2017, 10:07 PM »
hey can you post the patterns? i really want to incorporate something like this as a shin plate

"if you have a blaster.......your set, well unless you want a 401 K" -mango feet
concept- 100 percent            blaster- 90 percent
helmet- 40 percent                soft parts- 0 percent
armor- 10 percent

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!