Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mirdala Galaar's 1st WIP

• 1 Replies
Mirdala Galaar's 1st WIP
« on: Mar 12, 2016, 05:41 PM »
Been so busy on my kit that I forgot to post any pictures of it. X)

Concept:

I'm using snaps to get the positioning on the plates right:

With the gracious donation of some gauntlets, I have added claps and painted them to match. (Finished painting screws after the picture)

An old softball helmet, a five gallon pickle bucket, and some sintra to make my bucket.

I know the visor's too light, but I had the plexiglass lying around. Will replace before I'm done.

Basecoat of silver.

From the side:

Note* The ear slots go all the way though so I can hear and get a little more ventilation. Do I need to add mesh?

Pre black/brown wash:

Post black/brown wash:

I've got no good pictures between there and now so here's the now:

I added some purple plate at the bottom of the shoulder plates to make them bigger and to tie in the gauntlet color.

The belt's vintage 1918 webbing.

Still needs: A back plate, girth belt/sash, gloves, and better spats. I probably need to sand down and apply some more bondo on the dome. I'm going to add velcro under the plates so there's less strain on the snaps.

"... we think too often in terms of dualism: Jedi or Sith, light or dark, right or wrong. But there are three sides to this blade, not two, opposed and similar at the same time . . . the third edge is the Mandalorian."   - Vergere

Armor WIP

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Mirdala Galaar's 1st WIP
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2016, 10:53 AM »
Looking great ner'vod!!  Not too much longer, and you'll be ready for app pics!  :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!