Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP for my pre vizla costume

• 23 Replies

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
Re: WIP for my pre vizla costume
« Reply #15 on: Apr 03, 2016, 01:16 AM »
Well, looks like they actually are about the right size for ya, in my humble opinion :) I've become a little unfamiliar with the standards of spacing, but I wanna say, as they sit, they may be a little close together. Of course that's pretty much a non-issue since their attached with velcro and can be adjusted. So... Carry on, good sir! 8)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
« Reply #16 on: Apr 06, 2016, 03:25 PM »
 Ok so some more updates. After realizing i had a very lengthy list of fixes, i got 2 it asap. Id like to thank Zophar for helping me on list of fixes! So im going to redo my back plate entirely. As i was cutting out the new shape, it cracked and snapped in half ??? ??? Oh well what can you do! Time to move on. So i decided to fix my helmet first. I removed the boba style range finder, and started fabing up a matching ear piece.

That glazing putty is the best ive ever used! its also very cheap. Sands amazing, and takes paint amazing. I decided to start on my shoulderpad graphics while i waited for the putty to dry.

I then made a new keyhole slot for vizla helmet.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #17 on: Apr 06, 2016, 06:15 PM »
Outstanding.  Always great to see progress!

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.
« Reply #18 on: Apr 07, 2016, 11:06 PM »
 Ok just a smALL update due to the fact i forgot to take pics of my helmet progress. But i got my shoulder pads done and weathered.

« Reply #19 on: Apr 15, 2016, 01:35 AM »
ok a few jetpack picks. this build has gone really well so far. Im thinking of buying a 3d printer soon. this paper resin thing is not very efficiant!

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #20 on: Apr 15, 2016, 01:44 AM »
In all honesty, the printer will likely be slower.  You are doing a bang-up job man.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Mobidan

• Thanks Circa for the photo!
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 11:22 AM »
Well done so far!

The same thought of this build has recently crossed my mind, thanks to Calgary expo and hanging with the 501st. Whats another costume build right?!! sigh lol

Good work !

Alor’ad Hett’ciri. Alberta Canada
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 05:35 PM »
This is looking great so far! If you need anything, just let us know. Really looking forward to seeing you in kit next time. Then again, you do make an amazing handler. ;)

First Kit - Early Crusader - In Progress: Bondo Helmet, Page 4
Other First Kit - Modern - In Progress:
Hard Parts and Soft Parts updated 25/04/16

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 06:07 PM »
Well done so far!

The same thought of this build has recently crossed my mind, thanks to Calgary expo and hanging with the 501st. Whats another costume build right?!! sigh lol

Good work !

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!