Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

looking for advice on EL wire place ment

• 11 Replies

gaataylir vorpan

• ori'buyce, kih'kovid
looking for advice on EL wire place ment
« on: Apr 01, 2016, 09:25 PM »
So i saw some EL wire and thought it would look great on a mando kit. one problem Im stumped where and how to attach it. thanks for your help Vods!

« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2016, 10:02 PM by gaataylir vorpan » Logged
ori'buyce, kih'kovid

Kebii'laar

• Aliit o'r nare, ne tal'din.
Re: looking for advice on EL wire place ment
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2016, 12:34 PM »
It doesn't heat up, so that's not a concern.  Attachment really depends on what kind of look you want.  So what kind of look do you want?

B.E.A.R.D.S. #103, QMU #026

Gar taab besuum, ni ven'ijaati gar'gai o'r an ner'nare.  Gar ru'ba'juri gar'ade jate.
Gar'gai ven'cuyi o'r ner'nare, draar digur'la.  Ni ven'ba'juri ner'ade jate.
Ni taab besuum, gar ven'ijaati ni'gai o'r an gar'nare.  Ni ru'ba'juri ner'ade jate.

gaataylir vorpan

• ori'buyce, kih'kovid
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2016, 06:54 PM »
It doesn't heat up, so that's not a concern.  Attachment really depends on what kind of look you want.  So what kind of look do you want?
well im working on two kits the one in my profile pic (the one im manly thinking about doing it on) and a forest mando(not sure if i want to do it on that but if i get a good suggestions) i also have a friend working oh his kit manly silver with red detailing.(i can try to get a pic of his armor if that will help) i know for me i want it to look like its preforming some purpose.

ori'buyce, kih'kovid

Kebii'laar

• Aliit o'r nare, ne tal'din.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2016, 12:44 PM »
It really depends on the look you want.  The way I approach costuming is first to think "What do I want to look like?" and then "How do I make that look happen?" If you're going to put something on your kit, make sure it has a place in the kit and you're not just putting it there to put it there.

B.E.A.R.D.S. #103, QMU #026

Gar taab besuum, ni ven'ijaati gar'gai o'r an ner'nare.  Gar ru'ba'juri gar'ade jate.
Gar'gai ven'cuyi o'r ner'nare, draar digur'la.  Ni ven'ba'juri ner'ade jate.
Ni taab besuum, gar ven'ijaati ni'gai o'r an gar'nare.  Ni ru'ba'juri ner'ade jate.

gaataylir vorpan

• ori'buyce, kih'kovid
« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2016, 12:14 PM »
It really depends on the look you want.  The way I approach costuming is first to think "What do I want to look like?" and then "How do I make that look happen?" If you're going to put something on your kit, make sure it has a place in the kit and you're not just putting it there to put it there.
thanks! thats my mind set as well.
i just though it looks cool and hoped someone in the community (more creative and artistic than I) would have a answer.

ori'buyce, kih'kovid

Rohm Iy'Kadaysh

• A mando 4 life, but I Utinni.
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member EnviroOps
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 01:35 PM »

This comment speaks volumes I feel. Well said. What function does it have? Sometimes that function can be "it looks great!" Which is fine. But that leads back to "What kind of look/style" are you going for?

Also, look beyond just were you are applying it. Look at it with respect to the rest of the kit. If it is your only 'light' feature on the kit... will it look out of place? Or does it highlight an area of the kit that you want to draw focus to?

Vaas Zhura

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 04:17 PM »
I think gauntlets are a great place this was from my first kit design, I used rain gutter couplings for my gauntlets and ran EL wire through the groves

You can also use EL Tape for other applications as well like my EMP grenade Belt

You can click on the images to see them larger

Like they said you can basically incorporate EL stuff anyway you like, Im working on using a new type of EL wire called Chaser to make an electro-sickle and another set for my new gauntlets

For you are rust, And to rust you shall return
OM#1765 
C.C.P.H.H.M.M. #10... Sabes español? únete!!
M.A.C.K #49  
Draluram #14

gaataylir vorpan

• ori'buyce, kih'kovid
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 09:46 PM »
Thanks Vods pisic25 and GoFettYourself! one place i was thinking would be lining a get packs thruster nozzles?

ori'buyce, kih'kovid

Vaas Zhura

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 09:42 AM »
If you know anything about Arduinos maybe you can do something like this for the thrusters
https://youtu.be/ZkUpn9LrojA

OM#1765 
M.A.C.K #49  
Draluram #14

gaataylir vorpan

• ori'buyce, kih'kovid
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 10:05 AM »
If you know anything about Arduinos maybe you can do something like this for the thrusters
https://youtu.be/ZkUpn9LrojA
Thanks Vod! wile sadly i dont know much about that kind of stuff im differently going to learn how!

ori'buyce, kih'kovid

Vaas Zhura

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 11:31 AM »
Do you have a WIP on your Jetpack Thrusters? Depending on how they look I might suggest you look into EL TAPE
It have more surface area then EL but functions the same way

OM#1765 
M.A.C.K #49  
Draluram #14

gaataylir vorpan

• ori'buyce, kih'kovid
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 08:20 AM »
Do you have a WIP on your Jetpack Thrusters? Depending on how they look I might suggest you look into EL TAPE
It have more surface area then EL but functions the same way
well im mid build but im going for something  like this
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=105887.0

ori'buyce, kih'kovid

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!