Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Brett's protector wip

• 879 Replies
Re: Brett's protector wip
« Reply #775 on: Nov 20, 2020, 05:15 AM »
Some pics of some goodies...and ideas for the gauntlet of death. Progress on right ear cap. Waiting on a smaller diameter end mill before I go further

The two clips are for attaching grenades to belt....have to decide on which one though. I'll use black wire to attach them and also use abit in whipcord....maybe
The file is to give rough idea for a blade...not too big, more a stiletto type
For the right gauntlet I'm thinking of including ;
- flame units / dart launchers as seen in "twin engines of destruction" comic.... boba fett style
- usual small darts
-whipcord and a dart below it
- extending knife/ vibro knife
- thinking jango style blades
Also wondering what the black object above small darts could be.....laser would be too hard to fit

That'll keep me day dreaming for ages  :laugh:....while I work on other bits

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #776 on: Nov 20, 2020, 09:45 AM »
Love it dude!! Looking great

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #777 on: Nov 20, 2020, 07:37 PM »
Love it dude!! Looking great
Thanks mate, was mucking around and broke a cheap file.....either I have hands of steel or it was very cheap -censored-...so taking advantage of my hands of death I mocked up an idea

Not quite a blade, maybe I'll go with some sort of injecting device, similar to Tor viszla in open seasons comic, when he stabbed jango. I could use darts at distance and this thing at close quarters
Added in the fett survival knife....doesn't look that bad and a rough experiment paint job

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #778 on: Nov 20, 2020, 07:47 PM »
The concept on the gauntlet is interesting. I would caution you on using something metal, sharp, and pointy on your kit. It could hurt you or someone else.

You could try a rubberized piece or something plastic.

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #779 on: Nov 20, 2020, 08:28 PM »
I think you should make some metal tines for the jet pack grapple hook  :D :D :D

« Reply #780 on: Nov 20, 2020, 08:40 PM »
The concept on the gauntlet is interesting. I would caution you on using something metal, sharp, and pointy on your kit. It could hurt you or someone else.

You could try a rubberized piece or something plastic.
The file used in the pic was used because it fit the hole, the file broke in my hand and the thought crossed my mind. I understand what you mean about being careful of harming others, it's just a mock up and it calms the mind down thinking and visualising how things could work.....it won't be spring loaded thats for sure
I think you should make some metal tines for the jet pack grapple hook  :D :D :D
To be honest I am thinking something like that, for what I'm thinking I need to make new ones...just for it to move by itself  :laugh:
Thinking about painting the rocket with same .....rough approach I used for survival knife....paint and leave outside for a while  :laugh: looks well loved

Bit of a paint job on jp rocket, I don't mind it so far  :laugh: might need to repaint some areas

« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2020, 04:56 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #781 on: Nov 21, 2020, 01:00 PM »
Looks good, man.

Rayne is right about the pokey bit. Something like that won't be approved at the CRL level due to safety.

I saw your PMs, just been slammed so it'll be a sec before I can get to them.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #782 on: Nov 21, 2020, 07:18 PM »
Looks good, man.

Rayne is right about the pokey bit. Something like that won't be approved at the CRL level due to safety.

I saw your PMs, just been slammed so it'll be a sec before I can get to them.
Thanks mate, I do understand the danger and don't intend using it....just used to show / see what it looks like. The spike thing may not be used and I may look at something more like a blade

« Reply #783 on: Nov 22, 2020, 01:07 AM »
Random update
Second attempt at knurling....but what could it be for ?  :laugh:

A laser diode.....

Fits snugly....mmmmm yeah  :laugh:

« Reply #784 on: Nov 22, 2020, 10:27 PM »
Bit more progress, might make a few of these...read somewhere where fett had a few of these. Be something to add in pouches
One may do something, others just filler  :laugh: ...the tape is too wide, it's just holding things together...it'll be painted and different colour tape too

🤔 Getting another idea for sonic beam weapon now

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2020, 12:03 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #785 on: Nov 23, 2020, 11:13 AM »
Little bit more done before work tonight

Lookg at this for an idea too

Sat tines in hot water for a while to straighten.... will replace later

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #786 on: Nov 23, 2020, 12:52 PM »
Little bit more done before work tonight

Lookg at this for an idea too

Sat tines in hot water for a while to straighten.... will replace later

Neat! That's a pretty cool gauntlet concept art. Is that from original Fett concept designs?

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #787 on: Nov 23, 2020, 01:08 PM »
Neat! That's a pretty cool gauntlet concept art. Is that from original Fett concept designs?
No idea mate, found it on a Star Wars web page... wookiepedia or similar

« Reply #788 on: Nov 24, 2020, 03:44 PM »
Bit of a score last night....got this shaft from the scrap bin...exact diameter as I needed for jetpack

« Reply #789 on: Nov 25, 2020, 03:37 AM »
Got a lot of work to do on this yet, here's the idea....now in video   :laugh:
Plan on replacing a few other bits....internals need work too

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #790 on: Nov 25, 2020, 08:30 AM »
Got a lot of work to do on this yet, here's the idea....now in video   :laugh:
Plan on replacing a few other bits....internals need work too

Duuuuuuude!!!! Teach me your ways lol That is awesome!

« Reply #791 on: Nov 25, 2020, 09:23 AM »
Duuuuuuude!!!! Teach me your ways lol That is awesome!
Thanks mate.... at moment it’s powered by my forearms of death 😂
I do intent to hook it up to a servo... and even have a Jodo kast inspired setting.... nozzles rotate to horizontal for those who haven’t read “twin engines of destruction” comic
I was lucky with the shaft being the exact size... now to sort out the workings

« Reply #792 on: Nov 27, 2020, 02:23 PM »
Was having alook around in the goody bin last and found a few things I collected and planned on using
Found a small breathing chip...pulses a LED...and also a laser diode. The battery clip still had good batteries in it, and the clip in just slightly wider than the Patterson squeegee piece. I was planning on making it out of aluminium ...so I'll just get a slightly wider bit of stock, and may make a few. I've got another idea for the anti security blade...but I'll leave that as a suprise for when skills get better  :laugh:
Pulsing led...will pulse the laser diode, just hard to see

Shot showing width of battery clip

« Reply #793 on: Nov 28, 2020, 09:16 AM »
Been mucking around with a steel bolt and lathe...turned down to a rough dart launcher / flame unit shape.  Roughly what I'll use on my gauntlet. Tried an experiment in bluing.

A lot easier than anodising....the bolt was cheap too

Rayne

• Dralshy’a Tome (Stronger Together)
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Brigades Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #794 on: Nov 28, 2020, 09:36 AM »
It looks like your test turned out pretty well!

Tra'cor Clan // MMCC#1968
Dralshy’a Tome

The Armorer WIP

Satine WIP
« Reply #795 on: Nov 28, 2020, 10:15 AM »
It looks like your test turned out pretty well!
All that's involved is heat it up and quench in oil
Couldn't really sleep last night so looked around at things to do. Found an old light for the beacon, hooked up to a remote to allow switching on or off, need to work out where I'd put the switch now, and type of switch for when I get thrusters to rotate

Also found this cheap small screwdriver set....thinking I could remove the internals and use as hip/thigh pouch filler....maybe a med kit or toxin/ anti toxin tool kit

Also a small servo and a tiny motor with long screw ....hhmmmm wonder what I could use that for 🤔

Bit of clean up work around the range finder pivot point, the rf stalk is a little thick and prevents the cap sitting flush and the resin wasn't 100% flat. Filing flat to allow the stalk to move freely and also looking at installing a servo. I'd bought a low profile ones few years ago but didn't really get around to installing

« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2020, 06:23 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

ConDar Ward

• Al'jurir be Ori'ramikad
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #796 on: Nov 28, 2020, 09:15 PM »
 :like: Excellent work .. 

MMCC-#0059 /M.A.- 001 /M.A.D.- 067 /ALUMINATI -013
 Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum - Remo Jadd - 0267
« Reply #797 on: Nov 29, 2020, 04:19 AM »
:like: Excellent work .. 
Thanks mate...riding a wave of enthusiasm at the moment, getting a little organised and the mind feels the best it's been in along time

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #798 on: Nov 30, 2020, 08:41 AM »
Man, I love that little light in the beacon!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Breyo Fey

• "An par aliit. Ner tal. Ner oyay."
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #799 on: Nov 30, 2020, 12:37 PM »
SO much cool stuff!
Really nice job!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!