Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Brett's protector wip

• 879 Replies
Re: Brett's protector wip
« Reply #600 on: Jan 27, 2020, 12:30 AM »
Oh the joys of sanding.  :P
😒 Yeah....not much more though, I'll spray over the top, fill in debt too

« Reply #601 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:10 AM »

Filled in the dent , need to sand back and clean up, paint and improve the area
Found a cool pic of concept fett too.....another inspiration

« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2020, 01:47 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Breyo Fey

• "An par aliit. Ner tal. Ner oyay."
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #602 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:31 AM »
Great job on the helmet.
I love that concept pic...
I’m seriously thinking about adding the poncho

« Reply #603 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:49 AM »
Great job on the helmet.
I love that concept pic...
I’m seriously thinking about adding the poncho
Go on.....Ponchos are awesome

Was just looking at the concept art....check out the knees....look upside down...or do we wear ours upside down 🤔

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #604 on: Jan 31, 2020, 12:20 PM »
Go on.....Ponchos are awesome

Was just looking at the concept art....check out the knees....look upside down...or do we wear ours upside down 🤔

The plot thickens!!! Loo and yeeeees. All the protectors with ponchos. All aboard that poncho train!!!

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #605 on: Jan 31, 2020, 07:53 PM »
The plot thickens!!! Loo and yeeeees. All the protectors with ponchos. All aboard that poncho train!!!
Besides looking pretty cool,a poncho can help differentiate the kit from Boba, could possibly be used to hide the actions of the hands too

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #606 on: Feb 01, 2020, 04:22 AM »
Besides looking pretty cool,a poncho can help differentiate the kit from Boba, could possibly be used to hide the actions of the hands too

Worked for Clint Eastwood will definitely work in this too  ;)

« Reply #607 on: Feb 02, 2020, 12:19 AM »
Worked for Clint Eastwood will definitely work in this too  ;)
I do have a Clint " man with no name" poncho...it's big on me...if I use that as a pattern I'll have to adjust the measurements. Research some good material that'll hang pretty cool, like in pics/ comics etc. I reckon a light soft material, dull flat look
Wonder how linen would go? I've no idea with fabrics

« Reply #608 on: Feb 09, 2020, 08:48 PM »
Been thinking abit lately and decided I'm not going to try apply for protector brigade, I'll just make a kit like a protector but as I would like it. Add a few extra bits and leave out the others
I'll update in the armour construction bit

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #609 on: Feb 10, 2020, 08:45 AM »
What parts of the brigade requirements dont you want to add? If you dont mind me asking

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Breyo Fey

• "An par aliit. Ner tal. Ner oyay."
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #610 on: Feb 10, 2020, 12:27 PM »
Been thinking abit lately and decided I'm not going to try apply for protector brigade, I'll just make a kit like a protector but as I would like it. Add a few extra bits and leave out the others
I'll update in the armour construction bit

I understand...
My kit was made in almost the same idea. I really like the look of the classic "Boba" but wanted to make it my own (mixes of mythos and some other stuff...) When it was ready I jumped on the Protector train...but not until I thought I was ready.
Your kit is amazing and truly an inspiration. I'm sure that if you stay true to your vision, take your time, and have fun it will only get better!
Can't wait to see more updates!

« Reply #611 on: Feb 11, 2020, 07:00 AM »
I understand...
My kit was made in almost the same idea. I really like the look of the classic "Boba" but wanted to make it my own (mixes of mythos and some other stuff...) When it was ready I jumped on the Protector train...but not until I thought I was ready.
Your kit is amazing and truly an inspiration. I'm sure that if you stay true to your vision, take your time, and have fun it will only get better!
Can't wait to see more updates!
s
Thanks mate, still trying to get ball rolling. I've got a few things I'd like to try to do once the time is right....weather wise.
I think the protectors are cool....not a fan of the new protectors though. I like the "supercommando" term applied to them.
If I do join a brigade it'll be the protectors. I'm the same with boba looking cool, as does Jodo....and wanting something different to both....a distinct cool looking bad shebs character...I think a poncho is a step that way,weapon/ blacker could be another another way.  I like boba having his braids, suits him. I'd like to have something different....no lightsabers or chest diamonds though. Was find something different or no trophies at all. At this stage I'm leaning towards that ...I'm still open to it if I can find something different....or even how and where I can wear what ever it is....I'm half thinking if my character got lucky in a bar one night....could he have ....a bra hanging off his range finder..🤔Don't think that'll pass.

What parts of the brigade requirements dont you want to add? If you dont mind me asking
At moment the trophy part....or maybe find something else that's different to Boba

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #612 on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:00 AM »
Hahahaha hanging a bra off of your range finder  :boba:

If you want to think of something interesting and unique check out some other canon Mandos back stories. Since my kit is essentially Fenn Shysa, one of my trophies is a braided gold and green rope with a gold disk meant to be the cloak and broach from the Suprema - the imperial responsible for killing Tobbi Dala - Fenn's closest friend, to signifying getting justice for Dala.

Something like that might fit your character well.

« Reply #613 on: Feb 12, 2020, 08:01 PM »
Hahahaha hanging a bra off of your range finder  :boba:

If you want to think of something interesting and unique check out some other canon Mandos back stories. Since my kit is essentially Fenn Shysa, one of my trophies is a braided gold and green rope with a gold disk meant to be the cloak and broach from the Suprema - the imperial responsible for killing Tobbi Dala - Fenn's closest friend, to signifying getting justice for Dala.

Something like that might fit your character well.
I'll have a look when I get the chance, been a bit busy last few weeks. Whatever way I go, it'll be very similar to a protector...plus or minus a few things. I'm sort of thinking about some extra kit he may have for various missions etc. in the end I think this'll be more on display than trooping...so a few extra weapons, soft backpack with thermal dets, extra set gauntlets ....maybe a few extras like bandoleer ....been looking at dred priest character....he's pretty cool
Jp latest

Cufflinks for an awards night

« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2020, 09:09 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #614 on: Feb 19, 2020, 12:56 AM »
Latest small bit  of work....going for the flame unit housing to be cut down...I'll have the flame nozzles roughly at the standard length ...just something bit different and modified....

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2020, 01:06 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #615 on: Feb 19, 2020, 08:08 AM »
Smart move, its one on the reasons I swapped out mine as it just destroyed wrist movement and added weight.  :like:

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #616 on: Feb 19, 2020, 11:23 AM »
^^ I concur ^^ i'm gonna have to cut mine down for the same reason.

« Reply #617 on: Feb 19, 2020, 02:13 PM »
Smart move, its one on the reasons I swapped out mine as it just destroyed wrist movement and added weight.  :like:
^^ I concur ^^ i'm gonna have to cut mine down for the same reason.
in the past I've never really liked the Rotj flame unit, as it was big and bulky. I've always preferred the smaller esb style....and the stripped down look. After looking at the Rotj and making it a bit smaller....I'm strarting to like the look. Now to find some cool looking pipes and nozzles, join the two halves and clean it up and paint....still need to cut the shells down so they actually fit me
Finalise the design .
May need a led similar to the one fett has on the rear of his gauntlet 🤔 Or maybe a push button switch. Since I'm still using Kast style rockets on the top/sides, I thought I should move the flame control switches

« Reply #618 on: Feb 21, 2020, 10:33 PM »
Bit of playing around, before work out what I'll use for the flame thrower, been looking at a few lengths

Also thinking of having ability to extend and retract
Also thinking of these pistols...more the top and bottom versions...not really interested in the middle one

« Reply #619 on: Feb 24, 2020, 03:29 AM »
Extra bit of distraction...going to try paint this poorly painted thing in the same colours as my guy....need to fill in some dents, peel off stickers....then try match a few bits....just to hold some ....m&ms  :laugh: :laugh:

« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2020, 03:45 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #620 on: Feb 24, 2020, 04:46 AM »
Such a cool idea  :like:

« Reply #621 on: Feb 24, 2020, 04:10 PM »
Such a cool idea  :like:
I've had it a while....always hated the poor paint job. It won't be exact to my kit...I can't adjust any of it. Hard to make a pattern or stencil to work off....it'll be roughly similar 😂

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #622 on: Feb 26, 2020, 12:47 PM »
Bit of playing around, before work out what I'll use for the flame thrower, been looking at a few lengths

Also thinking of having ability to extend and retract

As someone that has multiple kits with different lengths of flamethrowers, I can tell you that the longer it is, the more annoying, uncomfortable, and in-the-way it is.  I highly suggest keeping it the same length as your gauntlet itself, maybe just a slight protrusion.  The concept looks really good though!

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2023
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron
« Reply #623 on: Feb 26, 2020, 03:57 PM »
As someone that has multiple kits with different lengths of flamethrowers, I can tell you that the longer it is, the more annoying, uncomfortable, and in-the-way it is.  I highly suggest keeping it the same length as your gauntlet itself, maybe just a slight protrusion.  The concept looks really good though!
Thanks for the advice, I can see it'll add ....headaches.. 😕 I've thought of using some metal in the build and anticipating the gauntlet wanting to rotate so it'll need to be a snug fit. Sort of thinking of making it a bit slimmer as well.  Still working out where it'll actually sit on the gauntlet, would I line the top back edge up with back of gauntlet or the back bottom edge 🤔
At moment I'm thinking just the barrel extending...nothing collapsible with the housing...did think of having the front section of the housing having the ability to slide back a bit....servicing or something. No idea yet..
Been thinking of trophies and adding a little more
Also thinking up plans for jetpack...colours. Colours still mainly green, but I'll add in black, white, and metal
Weapons are still on the mind....few plans there, also a nemrod holster
The helmet and jaig eyes ...black ones and other helmet details
Kill stripes added later...if I make it to protector...what ever number I am will be the kill stripe number.
The enthusiasm is back....just need to start ball rolling, organise myself

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #624 on: Feb 27, 2020, 10:12 AM »
Dude!!! The kill stripe idea Of what number official Protector you are is a really cool idea! I wish I would have thought of that haha I have 2 too many for that to work with mine but that's great!

What are you thinking trophy wise??

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!