Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Brett's protector wip

• 879 Replies
Re: Brett's protector wip
« Reply #675 on: Aug 22, 2020, 02:47 AM »
No real update, just testing out a few things, bit of boredom...plates prob aren't in best position as they are just holding on with Velcro...adjusting bit made plates fall off. Also had to use phone as remote for camera

« Reply #676 on: Aug 22, 2020, 09:22 PM »

Looking at the jaig eye placement, reckon they look ok there or need to be moved?

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #677 on: Aug 22, 2020, 10:42 PM »
They look great there to me dude. Only reason to move them higher up would be if you want more of a subtle bucket knod to the PrePro1 bucket. Outside of that, I don't see a reason to move them.  :like:  :like:  :like:  :like:

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #678 on: Aug 23, 2020, 12:37 AM »
They look great there to me dude. Only reason to move them higher up would be if you want more of a subtle bucket knod to the PrePro1 bucket. Outside of that, I don't see a reason to move them.  :like:  :like:  :like:  :like:
Thanks mate, I thought maybe a little higher...plenty of time to decide though. I gathered up the ears I have, ripped off the bottom right to allow me to get some accurate measurements to try make some aluminium ones.

Just have to order some aluminium bar now
Been looking at pics....the plates need work...the weathering on collar needs to blend in with amount on helmet
I'll find black Wookiee braid...think black with be better than the light ones...better contrast. Dark green canvas cape/ poncho as well

« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2020, 01:03 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #679 on: Aug 24, 2020, 01:43 AM »
Getting a rough idea of barrel lengths

« Reply #680 on: Aug 25, 2020, 06:21 AM »
After looking at pics from other day was thinking ....aluminium in centre of chest diamond...if allowed and also a sigil for chest armour

Thinking about this as a sigil  for right chest plate....area inside blue circle....taken from an axl Rose tat  :laugh:

Next  dress up day  :laugh:, will have plates secured better, and chest lights added....maybe gloves and a gauntlet loosely attached

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #681 on: Aug 25, 2020, 09:06 AM »
I like it.  I made a custom sigil as well, but I think yours fits the bill as far as styling goes.  Going to change the colors at all or leave it like the picture?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Breyo Fey

• "An par aliit. Ner tal. Ner oyay."
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #682 on: Aug 25, 2020, 01:31 PM »
Can't wait to see the kit together!
everything looks great!

« Reply #683 on: Aug 25, 2020, 03:58 PM »
Can't wait to see the kit together!
everything looks great!
I like it.  I made a custom sigil as well, but I think yours fits the bill as far as styling goes.  Going to change the colors at all or leave it like the picture?
Thanks guys, I don't like the green....or the grey beneath it. They blend together abit too easy. The weather is gether better so I can slap on a better paint job, the last one was half hearted trying to get motivated.
The sigil I'll use save colours...may add abit of black to outline and add something small subtle like Fetts
The blue circle won't be included....just what phone had

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #684 on: Aug 26, 2020, 11:30 AM »
White background with the main body of the sigil being red would fit right in with the standard protector logo colors as well. Might be a pretty neat combo. Mi'ix and I both have one

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #685 on: Aug 27, 2020, 02:15 AM »
White background with the main body of the sigil being red would fit right in with the standard protector logo colors as well. Might be a pretty neat combo. Mi'ix and I both have one
Might have to break out the pencils and do some colouring in  :laugh:.... sounds pretty cool though.

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #686 on: Aug 27, 2020, 05:15 AM »
Might be worth seeing if lucksy could do it as a custom decal.  ;)

« Reply #687 on: Aug 27, 2020, 07:20 AM »
Might be worth seeing if lucksy could do it as a custom decal.  ;)
Good thinking Jett, thanks mate 🖖🏻

« Reply #688 on: Sep 01, 2020, 04:44 AM »
G'day all, no real progress on kit, lathe came in so had a little bit of play time
The size isn't the same, the diameter of the stock aluminium was smaller than the model rocket....just practice and learning though

Ashen Kelborn

• This account is no longer used
  • Awards 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #689 on: Sep 01, 2020, 05:49 AM »
Practice makes perfect,  damn good for Practice bit.
Great addition being metal. :like:

This is a dead account, Please ask your Command team for assistance unless you want to look me up on Facebook under my mando name.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!