Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Brett's protector wip

• 879 Replies

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
Re: Brett's protector wip
« Reply #700 on: Sep 09, 2020, 10:23 PM »
Yeah Jodo has a lot of good greeblies, makes him such a great character. Good inspiration and base for something different to Boba. Hopefully can end up with a unique blend  of coolness  :laugh:
Been thinking about gauntlet hoses as well...colours and stiffness

For sure dude! Gauntlet mockup looks good

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #701 on: Sep 10, 2020, 03:45 AM »
For sure dude! Gauntlet mockup looks good
Thanks mate, I think the nozzle or barrel would look better longer and the back part needs work. Maybe merging into the part the big hose usually connects too

« Reply #702 on: Sep 12, 2020, 03:51 AM »
I like the length of this barrel better. Rough idea of colours too. The back part will be different

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #703 on: Sep 12, 2020, 04:23 AM »
Looking very cool mate..... are you making do without the hose connector?

« Reply #704 on: Sep 12, 2020, 05:02 AM »
Looking very cool mate..... are you making do without the hose connector?
G'day mate, nah just forgot to add it to the gauntlet. Will have it or something like it, may blend into the back of the Flamers/ launchers

jett drexel

« Reply #705 on: Sep 12, 2020, 05:09 AM »
Cool.... you gotta love that extra funtionality that a hose brings. God is in the details my friend.  ;)

« Reply #706 on: Sep 12, 2020, 06:26 AM »
Cool.... you gotta love that extra funtionality that a hose brings. God is in the details my friend.  ;)
Sort of wondering what the hose was for...compressed air  :laugh: to shoot the darts and whipcord 🤔
Been thinking about the hoses recently as well. I have some hose for a large compressor but feel it's too thick. Might try find some silicon hoses. I know there's some offered for cars but not sure about size and colour
Few more pics

Hose connector added, some clay used to try illustrate idea better.

I'm thinking where the rubber band crosses the flames/ launcher I may need to turn down the shafts diameter to allow it to sit lower. Also thinking of adding some copper piping as well...another small detail. The grey clay will be replaced with some thing else more permanent. Maybe a hose at rear attaching to hose connector

jett drexel

« Reply #707 on: Sep 12, 2020, 07:32 AM »
Well boba's hose is 8mm food grade braided hose if that's any help

« Reply #708 on: Sep 12, 2020, 10:34 AM »
Well boba's hose is 8mm food grade braided hose if that's any help
Thanks mate I'll have to look into that
Few more pics of playing around

jett drexel

« Reply #709 on: Sep 12, 2020, 07:41 PM »
 :like: :like: :like: way cool :like: :like: :like:

« Reply #710 on: Sep 12, 2020, 09:08 PM »
:like: :like: :like: way cool :like: :like: :like:
Thanks mate, what do you reckon about the colour combo. I think I should paint the whipcord housing or hose connector yellow- orange, bit less black. The housing needs weathering, currently it's just a flat black undercoat. Might add in some brass 🤔

jett drexel

« Reply #711 on: Sep 12, 2020, 09:18 PM »
Yeah i really like the orange..... it does a great job pushing the weathering forward. Maybe you could make a whip cord tip that looks metal ?

« Reply #712 on: Sep 12, 2020, 09:29 PM »
Yeah i really like the orange..... it does a great job pushing the weathering forward. Maybe you could make a whip cord tip that looks metal ?
I've got to try match that colour  ???, orange on both the whipcord and connector?
With the whipcord I was thinking of replacing the tube in the cut out area with some type of tube/ shaft, and continue that to the tip. Also thought of winding some cable around it and attach to the tip.
What do you reckon the second tube is for on the bottom of the whipcord housing? ( on the Rotj version)

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #713 on: Sep 13, 2020, 07:44 PM »
So goooooooood. I have been meaning to add a whipcord housing to my gauntlet as well. Looking great

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #714 on: Sep 13, 2020, 08:39 PM »
So goooooooood. I have been meaning to add a whipcord housing to my gauntlet as well. Looking great
Thanks mate... already thinking of a different version... similar dimensions, slightly different where’s that ones black... and another color involved ... stay tuned 🤔

« Reply #715 on: Sep 15, 2020, 05:18 AM »
Here's a pic of another goal....just need to work things out  :laugh: aluminium bar for ears

Not much space to play with 🤔 Be a challenge with tools I have

« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2020, 05:25 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #716 on: Sep 15, 2020, 09:45 AM »
Coming into this a little late, but I absolutely love the Twin Engines of Destruction reference, not to mention the evolution of your gaunt from concept to essentially reality. 

The hose on both my Protector and Fett are the braided hose, but my protector is an empty hose, while Fett has some black cable run through it. 

« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2020, 04:13 PM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #717 on: Sep 15, 2020, 03:49 PM »
Coming into this a little late, but I absolutely love the Twin Engines of Destruction reference, not to mention the evolution of the your gaunt from concept to essentially reality. 

The hose on both my Protector and Fett are the braided hose, but my protector is an empty hose, while Fett has some black cable run through it. 

Thanks Mi'ix , Twin Engines is awesome...best comic with fett in it I reckon. Artwork is great with lots of inspiration...feels Star Wars too  :laugh: there's a lot of work yet to be done on the reality part too :laugh:
I'll have to source some braided hose of the right size

Breyo Fey

• "An par aliit. Ner tal. Ner oyay."
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #718 on: Sep 15, 2020, 04:00 PM »
Love the weathering on your gauntlets....
Can't wait to see more.

« Reply #719 on: Sep 15, 2020, 06:23 PM »
Love the weathering on your gauntlets....
Can't wait to see more.
Thanks mate, all in layering method... see how it looks after trying match paint and finish it

« Reply #720 on: Sep 24, 2020, 07:19 PM »
After a long and painful week of working nightshift....and being stupid enough to ask for another night  ???....I got this in the mail
from delta13.
Awesome work thanks delta/ Mike 👍🏻
One day there'll be a sacros k-11 in there...not a fan of the pulce

« Reply #721 on: Oct 03, 2020, 08:12 PM »
G'day all, I've no real updates to show, still working on ideas, waiting for some metal stock to arrive. Thinking of using a few different metals for what I'm thinking.
 I'm having some trouble finding some silicon food grade braided hose for gauntlets...also been reading some jango threads too. I'm thinking of a coloured hose rather than standard Boba style, not a solid colour but thinking something like a smoke / tinted look. I've read the jango guys have dyed theirs, one used shoe polish and I've also seen some aluminium braid hose that's been cheaper than silicon food grade braided hose...I'm a bit on the fence regarding the aluminium braid hose....could look good 🤔 With weathering
What do you guys think?
Also since I have two sets of gauntlets...(allowing for mismatched or matched colour) I was thinking of adding some ideas from jango's right gauntlet onto the red/ winecoloured one. The bit I'm thinking is the two darts jango has, could I add something like that rather than a light . With the light / led on the yellow one, I'm thinking of shiny metal surrounds of replace with laser pointer

**An Even minor update...just grabbed some hose, got some 8mm and some 6mm, thought I'll use 8mm for the top but and the 6mm for the two that attach to the whipcord

Here's a question regarding gauntlet hoses...the left gauntlet....most pics of boba Fetts left gauntlets don the have any hoses, I think the early pre pro or super trooper did, I think jango also has a hose or two ....if I'm asking a custom style flame unit am I ok to add a hose or two to my set up?

« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2020, 05:44 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #722 on: Oct 05, 2020, 04:13 PM »
The colored hoses, go a long way to help sell the weathering look.  Our very own Jaster Fett achieved a similar look by using RIT dye on his braided hoses.  Took a couple tries, but in the end, they turned out lovely.

Yup! Add some hoses!  ROTJ is about as hosey as Boba gets.   

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #723 on: Oct 06, 2020, 12:12 AM »
The colored hoses, go a long way to help sell the weathering look.  Our very own Jaster Fett achieved a similar look by using RIT dye on his braided hoses.  Took a couple tries, but in the end, they turned out lovely.

Yup! Add some hoses!  ROTJ is about as hosey as Boba gets.   
Nice I was reading on dented helmet the jango guys had used rit dye and had mixed results... I'm not trying to match a colour so it should be good. I'm only thinking of one hose on the left gauntlet....at moment anyway 😯 Could be used to hide some cables

« Reply #724 on: Oct 14, 2020, 01:17 AM »
Bit of play with a Dremel and drill press

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!