Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Brett's protector wip

• 879 Replies
Re: Brett's protector wip
« Reply #750 on: Nov 01, 2020, 11:48 PM »
No real update to show, going slow on ears, need to get angle right and the angles on the tops of the ears is tricking to do with what I have...
I've started on the right bottom section while I practice with getting curves right

« Reply #751 on: Nov 06, 2020, 01:22 AM »
Sort of an update....hopefully more after this weekend...few different ideas thrown in 🤔

Not real happy with these yet ....just got more latex though

Also have something else in mind I'll hopefully have time to experiment with.....but that's a secrecy for now  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: stay tuned ....and may we see fett looking good again  :laugh: :laugh:

« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2020, 01:25 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #752 on: Nov 06, 2020, 01:08 PM »
If the stars align I may conduct this experiment today

Maybe that colour or another 🤔

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #753 on: Nov 06, 2020, 01:14 PM »
If the stars align I may conduct this experiment today

Maybe that colour or another 🤔

So many questions as to what all the items in the photo are needed for haha

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #754 on: Nov 06, 2020, 01:35 PM »
So many questions as to what all the items in the photo are needed for haha
The odd shaped silver grey bit is the unfinished jetpack exhaust, the rest of the pieces are for attempting some anodising .....planning on doing the ears if I can make them and this works.... :laugh: and I'm not covered in bandages  :laugh: :laugh:

« Reply #755 on: Nov 07, 2020, 05:05 PM »
Update on the anodising attempt....failure  :laugh:. Will try again with a slightly different set up. The acid I used dissolved my alligator clips  :laugh:....and I didn't used aluminium wire. Maybe that effected things 🤔 I'll continue trying.
During the week I think my focus will be on jetpack. Sorting out ideas for thrusters....joining together and movement
Also been watching season one of mandalorian again and have idea / question regarding the right bottom ear....thinking of adding a small light/ torch to area where fett has a symbol....not sure if there's a small enough led that'll do the job. Have a few other ideas too 🤔 May have to make a second set  :laugh: if I can make the first ....just thinking of something abit different. For the rf topper a switch between standard and kasts type.

« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2020, 05:08 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #756 on: Nov 07, 2020, 06:38 PM »
Your turning into the heston blumenthal of mando kit builders.  :laugh:

« Reply #757 on: Nov 07, 2020, 07:11 PM »
Your turning into the heston blumenthal of mando kit builders.  :laugh:
G'day mate
Who is that?

jett drexel

« Reply #758 on: Nov 07, 2020, 09:43 PM »
British chef..... does cooking with chemicals and scientific processes makes weird stuff like egg and bacon flavour ice cream an snail porridge.... just opened a restaraunt in aus.....

« Reply #759 on: Nov 08, 2020, 01:16 AM »
British chef..... does cooking with chemicals and scientific processes makes weird stuff like egg and bacon flavour ice cream an snail porridge.... just opened a restaraunt in aus.....
🤔 My microwave has recently died....so maybe  :laugh: :laugh:....porridge is bad enough let alone with snails in it

jett drexel

« Reply #760 on: Nov 08, 2020, 03:31 AM »
Snails...Bluuuuurghhh !!!!! But ole heston is a freakin genius.

« Reply #761 on: Nov 08, 2020, 05:35 AM »
Never had a snail before...yuck..snail on toast  :laugh: bit of cheese and tomato on top  :laugh: did see an interesting doco on zombie snails. Certain type of snail with a parasite  :-[
Never really thought much of anodising before....but more I think about it....🤔 Possibilities, not the bright coloured ugly stuff, just blacks and greys etc
Think I've just got another idea that may help with jetpack  :laugh: :laugh:.....need to write this one down ....stay tuned 👽

« Reply #762 on: Nov 13, 2020, 11:08 AM »

Looking at the low right ear being painted silver, this is only the resin piece, I do like the look of it being silver. So if the anodising attempts don't work...I'm happy. Maybe different textured surfaces 🤔 Maybe lightly sandblasted. I did get some aluminium wire to use in the next anodising experiment ....my alligator clips dissolved  ???
Getting a little more done

Need to do a lot of house work tomorrow  ???....maybe after that I'll get abit more accomplished. Have another idea to try on this bit too....just need to try experimenting with electronics more

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #763 on: Nov 13, 2020, 03:39 PM »
Love that sand blasted look.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #764 on: Nov 13, 2020, 06:12 PM »
Love that sand blasted look.
On which bit Mi’ix?  The tan bit is original resin bit, aluminium hasn’t been touched either
Latest bit on lower ear, need to file smooth, eliminate machine marks

Now have to get back to doing the dishes 😒
Found this while cleaning out anodising set up...bit of progress...if accidental. Not sure about the colour though, I used a frost grey and black, that has a hint of brass to it 🤔

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2020, 11:04 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!