Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Brett's protector wip

• 879 Replies
Re: Brett's protector wip
« Reply #825 on: Dec 21, 2020, 01:50 AM »
Was going to get kitted up and do like Larson....but couldn't be bothered....got the flu
Instead here's a few extras put on helmet...still working on other ear.

Left ear needs finishing and prob be a graphite colour...not sure yet

« Reply #826 on: Dec 21, 2020, 06:32 PM »
Been thinking....with a few things needing to be painted. I was thinking of the protector symbol on left shoulder. Is that something to be added after successful application or can it be added before? Also thinking of having it faded and barely there, fit in with helmet

« Reply #827 on: Dec 21, 2020, 09:26 PM »
I already added mine thought it was a requirement when you apply

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #828 on: Dec 21, 2020, 11:39 PM »
Been thinking....with a few things needing to be painted. I was thinking of the protector symbol on left shoulder. Is that something to be added after successful application or can it be added before? Also thinking of having it faded and barely there, fit in with helmet

Yeah, when you apply for the Protector brigade its required to have the logo on at least 1 shoulder. However, you become a normal OM without the brigade status you can add it later if you want to stagger your applications if you want to just be an OM first while working on the protector upgrades

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #829 on: Dec 22, 2020, 12:46 AM »
Yeah, when you apply for the Protector brigade its required to have the logo on at least 1 shoulder. However, you become a normal OM without the brigade status you can add it later if you want to stagger your applications if you want to just be an OM first while working on the protector upgrades
I already added mine thought it was a requirement when you apply
Thanks guys
Here's a pic of my protector....I'll kit up when feeling better

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #830 on: Dec 22, 2020, 09:13 AM »
Protector sigil is, at the very least, required for the left shoulder piece. 

At the app team level, you can apply with it on your armor, so long as the armor you are portraying looks like a Protector.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #831 on: Dec 22, 2020, 10:02 AM »
Thanks guys
Here's a pic of my protector....I'll kit up when feeling better

Looking good! Love the weathering on your flightsuit.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #832 on: Dec 22, 2020, 11:38 AM »
Feel better!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #833 on: Dec 23, 2020, 01:14 AM »
Nothing accomplished....but I decided on a few things next....still rugged up sweating it out 🤒
 My power5 was dropped ...barrel flexed and cracked the paint...I'll cut it off, put on aluminium flash hider and make a aluminium or steel barrel, just the small area affected

The left shoulder has volunteered for a paint job

And the chest armour will get a lighter coat

Like texture on this ....maybe my guy spent time in a tauntaun to get warm  :laugh:...reminds me of surface of moon

« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2020, 01:18 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #834 on: Dec 23, 2020, 10:36 AM »
Looking good! I need to get a lathe so I can make metal parts like you.

« Reply #835 on: Dec 23, 2020, 06:36 PM »
Looking good! I need to get a lathe so I can make metal parts like you.
I didn't make that flash hider....I got that years ago...not sure if it was eBay or etsy. Doesn't look too hard, if you've got the right cutting tools. The lathe is a basic machine....also need cutting tools for certain operations, drill bits, reamers etc.
good fun though
I'll update a few pics later..., but first I need to get a few things before shops close
Progress on ee3, not sure I'll use that scope, may add a bit, it won't be a sniper rifle, just something to put a big hole in something else  :laugh:...like Fetts in empire. Not sure what I'll try use for stock, thinking something like Australian hardwood, or something pale....then work out how to shape

Other bits of armour

« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2020, 08:30 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #836 on: Dec 25, 2020, 11:19 PM »
Had a scrap bit of aluminium around...right size to turn down for a ...power disc, I think that's what it's called. May countersink if alittle to get hole to look similar

On power5 with aluminium flash hider

Armour repainted silver again

And a servo control shield

Thinks that's all got now

« Reply #837 on: Dec 27, 2020, 01:45 AM »
Here's the start of my woodworking skills....you'll see quickly that I have none...I have a file and a pencil sharpener ..and not sure which one to use  :laugh:

Using pine...may upgrade later
Used a hot soldering iron to out line shape better, painted some ee3 bits today, just flat black primer

« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2020, 05:23 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #838 on: Dec 27, 2020, 06:16 PM »
Canít wait to see it cut out. Good luck!

« Reply #839 on: Dec 27, 2020, 10:56 PM »
Canít wait to see it cut out. Good luck!
Thanks mate....all ready got some ideas for it...I should remember to walk before running....but, the ideas are already there  :laugh:

Had abit of time on a saw today

* going to use that pine as practice. Realised I have a lot wood out back, had a tree fall over in a storm. Most has been cut up and split, but I found a few pieces I think might do the trick...I planted tree 16 years ago...was a nice tree 😔 Home grown and hand made stock coming up....hopefully.
Finally started trimming this commando bucket as well....#7 Dha bral cast

« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2020, 02:11 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!