Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

J'Khara Vontess WIP

• 100 Replies

Nia Kad Runi

• Momma Mando
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. Special Operations Brigade Member Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: J'Khara Vontess WIP
« Reply #90 on: Apr 19, 2017, 03:28 PM »
It really was even cooler in person at SWCO!  Loved the paint job and meant to come tell you that face to face!   :)

My WIP - female armor http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=25453

My Ursa Wren build http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=128908.0

501st - Legacy Stormtrooper  
Rebel Legion & 501st - Jawa

EMTS #153
Brigade- Special Ops: Assassin

Jun'yar Ikaad

• The mando formerly known as Bata Aden
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 75 official invasions. Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #91 on: Apr 19, 2017, 06:30 PM »
Looks awesome vod!!

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #92 on: Apr 20, 2017, 01:10 PM »
In pre-app. Thank you everyone for you help, comments, and positive vibes!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #93 on: Apr 20, 2017, 04:32 PM »
You've got this.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Naritir Ka'ra

• If at first you don't succeed... reload.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #94 on: Apr 21, 2017, 11:29 AM »
You got this sister!!!! You'll be OM soon! <3

MMCC #1755 | Invasions: 10
BOMB #57 | PMS #8 | MLCS #2 | WB #13 | VABS | MA #175 | MACK #41 | MTS #108 | MARS #66 | GOMOL #28 | MirShebs #16 | Wrang #3

I'll sign autographs, after the smoke clears.
Mk01 OM 4/5/17
F: naritir T: @naritir_kara IG: naritir
Story

J'Khara Vontess

• Awards Special Operations Brigade Member 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #95 on: Jul 13, 2017, 01:41 PM »
Hey y'all I have been working on upgrading my kit, starting with my waist item I fondly refer to as my mando miniskirt (I'll show pictures as soon as I make the switch from photobucket). What I really want to ask about is shin plates. I love my boots, but because my armor is all about vision distortion, I feel the pattern should continue down to my feet. What do y'all recommend for attaching shin plates so they are as comfortable as possible and retain as much movement as possible? Should I get tall boots and attach them to those? I also considered making duck cloth gators and attaching them to that instead of my flight suit. Let me know what you think!

grantaire

• Steve Buscemi rhymes with Mom's Spaghetti
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Award for 10 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #96 on: Jul 13, 2017, 01:49 PM »
I personally find that wearing tall boots and attaching the boots in the same method as my vest works best since the armor won't budge or come loose unless a bolt pops. But it does mean completely dedicating a nice pair of boots for the costume.

J'Khara Vontess

« Reply #97 on: Apr 13, 2018, 11:27 AM »
I have a PSA and I'm not sure where to put it, so I'm putting it here and in my brigade WIP. So my back plate is designed to hold a camel bak. However, due to the bulk I have to remove the plate every time I de-kit. My kit has seen 1 year of action and my Velcro is wearing down to the point where it can hardly hold my back plate even if I don't have water in it.

Here is the PSA part: turns out, I used a "designer" type Velcro instead of industrial. Designer is meant for more delicate sewing projects and the Velcro is less stiff, more form fitting. I figured Velcro is Velcro; this was wrong! Even if you have a fitted vest (mine is fitted as it has darts on front and back) use heavy duty Velcro if you have a back plate you always remove!

It's an easily avoidable mistake I'm paying for, I will have to remove all of this Velcro and replace it with heavy duty Velcro if I want to keep my backplate and, more importantly, keep carrying water.

J'Khara Vontess

« Reply #98 on: Sep 12, 2018, 12:29 AM »
Alright I decided to ditch the mando skirt and make a girth belt, so here it goes. First, I made a new jersey sash that is shorter than my previous mando skirt. It fits way better, but I'll have to make kamas or something to cover by behind, which was the original intent of the skirt. Next I bought this cool looking braded rope band from Joann's fabrics. The plan is to have 3 layers (here I'm just testing for size). This stuff frays like crazy, I have a few ideas on how I'd like to overcome that challenge, and I'll show you guys what I come up with. Stay tuned!

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #99 on: Sep 12, 2018, 09:24 AM »
I love how that looks!  :<3:

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #100 on: Sep 12, 2018, 01:05 PM »
No goodies.  Yay!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!