Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Nadia Thanewulfe's WIP

• 86 Replies

Nadia

Nadia Thanewulfe's WIP
« on: Apr 14, 2016, 09:17 AM »
Darius here.  My wonderful wife Nadia has decided to embark on her armoring adventure with me, but is decidedly non-wordy so has asked me to at least get her WIP started for her.  So without further ado, this is Nadia's journey.

First, after having watched me work on my design for nearly a year (gasp!), she decided to sit down and sketch out what she was seeing in her mind's eye.  In doing so, she hammered out this amazing sketch-up

From there, since femmando templates have to be a bit more custom in order to accommodate her assets, she then sat down and pretty much just cobbled together scraps of paper until they resembled her sketch, and had them mostly sized for her body.  Which she then test mounted in her amazing dress form her adoring husband bought her.

Again, in a completely unorthodox fashion, in what I can only describe as magic, she cuts her Sintra and we begin getting the finer adjustments down. 

From here, after a great visit from a Clan mate (ROMEO THAT'S YOU) her Sintra has been formed, and now the breastplate is going through the long and tedious process of Bondo and Sand, Bondo and Sand.....Bondo and Sand.  We would love any feedback you guys might have....and she would appreciate all the encouragement you might toss her way.  Encouragement is the heart of motivation after all.

We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.
My WIP:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=111994.0

Coder

Re: Nadia Thanewulfe's WIP
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2016, 09:55 AM »
IMHO That is one of the best looking female chest plates I have seen in a while.

Nadia

« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2016, 08:10 PM »
Thank you very much!!  :D

We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.
My WIP:

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2016, 09:25 PM »
Wow, what a great start!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Nadia

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2016, 09:41 AM »
Bondo and sand.....

took off too much bondo and its slightly ridged again...back to another layer of bondo tonight....

shaping backplates is a pain also

My WIP:

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2016, 10:14 PM »
Keep up the good work!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

Nadia

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2016, 12:23 AM »
Got my thigh plates shaped today. Need sanded still but happy with them.

My WIP:

« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2016, 07:33 AM »
Looking awesome!
Really looking forward to see how this will look finished

Havelock

« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2016, 08:05 PM »
Keep it up, vod.

Nadia

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 02:56 PM »
After a sad tragedy I am finally getting back to redoing my ab plates... The puppy hunted the out and ate them  :o 

My WIP:

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 07:25 PM »
This is going to be one amazing kit!  We just have to keep up the motivation.  Can't wait!

Formerly known as TheRevan1te

Nadia

« Reply #11 on: Jul 11, 2016, 09:21 PM »
OK so its been a while. Life happened and...well....3 kids and 3 dogs  :laugh: haha! But trying to make a push (hopefully) to get done before september so here is some more templates I've been working on.

Helmet modification I am going to make:

Boot armor template (shnees)

Upper arm armor:

Still trying to figure out my shoulder armor but here is what I have so far:

My WIP:

Taakur Beroya

• Aruetyc runi'la solus cet o'r prudii an.
« Reply #12 on: Jul 11, 2016, 10:09 PM »
I really love those shoulder bells, this kit is looking amazing  :laugh:

"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness."

"The Empire's bureaucrats are like wineskins – they should both have ropes around their necks."

Mojo Khuriso

• "Ni copikla gar runi"-I desire your soul
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Beastmaster Brigade Member
« Reply #13 on: Jul 11, 2016, 10:55 PM »
This is a really awesome build!!! I love the thigh plates! You folks are giving me ideas for my third build, and I haven't even finished the second one yet!!!!

I can smell your fear...this hunt will be all too easy...

Nadia

« Reply #14 on: Jul 11, 2016, 11:19 PM »
Thanks guys!! I just hope it looks as good finished as it does in my head lol

My WIP:

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #15 on: Jul 11, 2016, 11:43 PM »
You are doing great Vod, so far your kit is looking fantastic. I like the look of the helmet that you have designed there. I'd say continue the theme of myltiple lames to your shoulders to tie them in. Great start Vod!

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #16 on: Jul 13, 2016, 01:49 PM »
This kit is coming along great! Keep up the good work vod!

Draceline

• Angel of War
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Special Weapons
« Reply #17 on: Jul 13, 2016, 10:15 PM »
Very nice. You seem to be sticking to the feel of your original concept pretty well. I look forward to seeing more.

"As Mandalorians, we don't need the Force.
But should you ever want it on your side, don't give it a choice:
Make the Force be with you."

Armor - Soft Parts - Buy'ce - Armory
MARS #47 | NOS #02 | LOB #18 | Draluram #8 | MAJIC #161

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #18 on: Jul 13, 2016, 10:23 PM »
I really like where this build is going!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #19 on: Jul 13, 2016, 11:11 PM »
Every time we work in armor, I'm always impressed at how natural you are with all of this.  You have an amazing kit, and I'm so happy we're on this journey together!  Amazing as always.

Formerly known as TheRevan1te

Nadia

« Reply #20 on: Sep 13, 2016, 10:21 AM »
Very slow progress due to taking a break to work on a Darth Talon variant but here is some again! Got my thigh's strapped and sanded! FYI dog collars make great straps!  :laugh:

My WIP:

Reginmund

• Gar taldin ni jaonyc; gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la
« Reply #21 on: Sep 14, 2016, 10:16 AM »
Great design. The lines of the plates work really well with your body. (Okay that sounded way creepier than it was meant. Haha) How long did it take to design and template that backplate?

C.A. #67 | M.A. #160 | M.A.D. #69 | M.A.R.S. #64 |M.L.C.S. #32 | VABS

Nadia

« Reply #22 on: Sep 14, 2016, 10:51 AM »
Great design. The lines of the plates work really well with your body. (Okay that sounded way creepier than it was meant. Haha) How long did it take to design and template that backplate?

:laugh: :laugh: You are fine! Thank you for the compliment :) It took lots of pinterest oogling and a night of sketching to come up with the armor concept. It took about 2 days to get the paper/cardstock templates done and sized right for my back. Then, a night of cutting pieces and sanding, about 3 nights of shaping and reshaping lol. The main back piece I had shaped in a day, but the layers took longer to get shaped right so it matched up with the top piece but still being shaped to my back as well. Having a sewing dummy (I dont have a ducktape me yet) definitely helped a lot since I have to work on things after the kids go to bed so its usally just me since the husband works nights

My WIP:

Nadia

« Reply #23 on: Sep 17, 2016, 10:38 PM »
Belt/kama is done :)

My WIP:

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #24 on: Sep 18, 2016, 12:25 AM »
Mosin Nagat pouches seem to be the go-to for mandos...I may need a change in the future  :P

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!