Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

My first kit :)

• 18 Replies

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
My first kit :)
« on: Apr 17, 2016, 10:24 AM »
Here are some picturs of my first kit. I'm still a newbie its ofc not perfect but I wanted to make everything myself. it hase been a great learning curve.

My plans for this kit are making it official and after that start completely from scratch. thinking of buying a bucket but prefer making it so hoping that the second one becomes allot better :D

Positief feedback is always welcome :D tips tricks fire away :D 

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

Niyic

• Vode An
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 40+ hrs Charity
Re: My first kit :)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2016, 02:45 PM »
Really nice looking kit from what I can see!  8) paint scheme is pretty cool, and I like the backplate design a lot. I think you are pretty close to submitting for pre app, Get in touch with your local russalor if you haven't already so they can take care of that.

The only things I'm seeing that could use a little tweaking are your thighs and knees are colliding a little bit, but that can be fixed by moving your thighs up. Your ab plate looks a little off center, and you may want to curve your back plate over the top of your shoulders a little bit more, from the front it looks like you can see the underside of it of the backplate. Nothing major that I'm seeing.

Great work so far! :D

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2016, 04:58 PM »
Thanks for liking it :D always cool when someone likes your ideas. and for the feedback you gave me :) most of it is taking care of. We submitted pictures so now lets hope for the best.

really hope this will give me OM status so I can start on a new kit. really wanna step it up a notch. now that I have one basic kit I can really start making my character got some ideas so. can't wait to start. Plus the good news is! my girlfriends she wants to be a Mando to :D would be so cool to troop together (A)

sylverkestrel

• "Aliit ori'shya tal'din."
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2016, 01:44 PM »
Looks awesome! 
Did you scratch build all of it?

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #4 on: Apr 21, 2016, 04:49 PM »
Looks awesome! 
Did you scratch build all of it?

thanks :D Uhm well I took the standard armor templates for the first plats and added a second 5mm plates in the shape I thought would look cool. so the lighter parts of the armor is 1cm (A) weapon is a toy gun but modded it allot :D

« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2016, 03:37 PM »
I love your gun it's amazing! I looked back through your posts  (:-[)  Your armour looks great too, I prefer to scratch build but I would never have the patience to do a full bucket, hats off to you!

What did you use the 1mm for? I am using 5mm and 3mm, although with how the 5mm has been treating me I may just use 3mm all the way, but is 1mm strong enough?

Your armour looks great though, it looks in proportion and well thought out, you should be proud of your creation :)

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #6 on: Apr 26, 2016, 12:47 AM »
I love your gun it's amazing! I looked back through your posts  (:-[)  Your armour looks great too, I prefer to scratch build but I would never have the patience to do a full bucket, hats off to you!

What did you use the 1mm for? I am using 5mm and 3mm, although with how the 5mm has been treating me I may just use 3mm all the way, but is 1mm strong enough?

Your armour looks great though, it looks in proportion and well thought out, you should be proud of your creation :)

Thanks allot Callista :D

Uhmm I only use 5mm and 3mm sintra :) the bucket is made of paper, bondo etc :)
the gun was also made bij myself just used a little toy gun as base :) Hope they aprove it. scared that its to earthy looking. I work in the army so when I'm making guns I intend to have the habit to make them tho earthy :P

« Reply #7 on: Apr 26, 2016, 04:00 PM »

Thanks allot Callista :D

Uhmm I only use 5mm and 3mm sintra :) the bucket is made of paper, bondo etc :)
the gun was also made bij myself just used a little toy gun as base :) Hope they aprove it. scared that its to earthy looking. I work in the army so when I'm making guns I intend to have the habit to make them tho earthy :P

Surely an earthy sniper rifle is just what you need when hunkered down in some vegetation trying to blend in...have faith and fingers crossed :)

I wish I had the skills to make a gun from scratch, I am modding a nerf to make a sniper rifle but I am not expecting it to look as good as yours. Thank you for the reply though, I feel more at ease with my 3mm and 5mm sintra now!

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2016, 01:53 AM »
Np vod were here to help each other! trust me you can make this kind of gun :D a dremmel and some bondo can do great stuf for the shape of a gun. plus when something had to me smooth a took sintra for the extra plating :) de berrel is just a normal metal pipe.
When you have a WIP please pm me the link. really want to see your work :) GL on the build 

Obalon

• My salvation is my weapon
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Apr 27, 2016, 02:14 PM »
Wow how could I have missed this. Impressive work bud. Buckets off to you! And i like your attitude, good positive vibes is the best way to go about this, and patience. lol.

I am going to echo a little what has been said before but I do agree, knees and thighs are clacking together. They dinged me for this during my first submission, and I think to counteract this is maybe lowering your boot plates then shins if you can. Is your Knee plates directly over your knees? I really think your thighs are perfect where they are but it doesn't hurt to move them at least a smidge too.

And yes abe plate needs to go down on your right a smidge as well. Alignment is really spot on the first time other than that. Be proud that's one of the toughest things to get down.

Your right bicep plate is a little to the backside of you make sure its straight but i don't think they"ll ding you for that. (could be wrong)

And one question, is your back plate level to your shoulders? I feel like in your front pic its popping upward near your helmet when it should rest flat.

Overall, good work dude, and good luck on submission!!! You know, you can always upgrade this kit instead of building another one. Its fun to upgrade!

Obalon Bralor Valus

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #10 on: Apr 27, 2016, 02:35 PM »
hahaha thanks Allot Vod this really lifts my spirit :D

My knees and thights aren't clacking together but I see what you guys mean mabye the tights need to go abit higher. because the knee is spot on (A)

lowering the boots and lifting the shins would be an option think it would look better.

right bicep plate is just misplaced when I put the kit on :( sadly enough I saw it to late.

the back plate is level to my shoulder . can't put it any flatter think its just my body that's miss formed  :P :P

upgrading the kit is always an option I know (A) but my goal is to always have 1 kit ready to troop. plus because I'm still a newbie I didn't wanted to make this kit to difficult. next kit is going to have lights etc etc (A)

thanks for the tips and kind words. really hope the submission ends well (A) you guys will see the result of my submission :D really want to become OM  :D

Obalon

• My salvation is my weapon
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #11 on: Apr 27, 2016, 03:14 PM »
Your welcome, happy to be of help! :)

Okie doke was just wondering on the back plate. And i understand the bicep being off, i noticed this on my own application pics with something being off. Couldn't help but kick myself.

Not to worry you'll become OM, if anything its just minor things if they kick you back. Mine was kicked because of my lower half was wonky on my thighs and knees, cod was hanging a bit and resolution was not the best because i was in an inside building. If it does happen its best to try to take pics in natural lighting. But i remember the feeling well, its a nightmare to do application.

Lolz. It wouldn't make it more difficult, but its a great kit.

Keep positive dude! Ill be watching this! Your in the ballpark!!!

Obalon Bralor Valus

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 05:02 AM »
so guys :D got my application back yesterday. it was a no on OM status :( but I have hope! only the chest plate needed more evening spacing and the tight plates needed some trimming. that was all :D so I took my stuff and made it all happen :D and yep yesterday I did the second application :D lets hope for the best. really wanna build more when I'm OM

it always hurt to cut in your armor  :-X

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2016, 10:18 AM »
Don't lose heart vod, you're really close!  Those were easy fixes, glad to hear you were able to knock them out and re-app.  You'll be OM in no time.  :)

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 11:10 AM »
Don't lose heart vod, you're really close!  Those were easy fixes, glad to hear you were able to knock them out and re-app.  You'll be OM in no time.  :)

I wont vod :D keeping my spirit up haha (A) I'm glad there are rules in this club so we have a standard to maintain it makes it feel like a accomplishment when I get OM. after that going for some events. and slowly make a more advanced kit ready for brigades but I can't design what to go for. heavy weapon. assassin. or even go dual brigade that would be awesome haha So many plans (A)  we need more time (A)

C1RCA

• name the target and it shall die
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 01:47 PM »
awsome kit vod , i would love to see it in person some day

C

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 05:48 PM »
awsome kit vod , i would love to see it in person some day

C

well that would be cool to meet more mandos some day. I'm from The Netherlands and the clan isn't that big. currently seeing if there is a possibility to go to celebrations in 2017. saddly have to skip this year in londen :(. plus New York comic con is definitely on my bucket list XD   

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 10:10 PM »
I don't know why you'd even want to do a second kit when this one looks so good! Great job!

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2016, 12:49 AM »
I don't know why you'd even want to do a second kit when this one looks so good! Great job!

Thanks vod :D the reason why I want to do a second one is that
1: love the building :D
2: I dont want to destroy my first approved kit so I always have a kit to wear during troops. this way I have the time to make a better one :)

really want to go for brigade member etc but I cant decide what to do ^^

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!