Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Early crusader leather work - patchwork

• 7 Replies
Early crusader leather work - patchwork
« on: Apr 20, 2016, 11:21 PM »
Greetings all,

Looking to get some input on my thoughts for sewing up a vest and other items from several pieces of different leathers. All would of course be natural shades.
Think this would break cohesion or do you think it would look passably awesome?

Leather is expensive, leatger remnants though...

Cheers in advance,
Dacian

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Early crusader leather work - patchwork
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2016, 06:09 AM »
Vest's aren't actually required items in EC period - might save you some money if that's a concern :P
I see nothing wrong with this for smaller items, pouches especially would look good from scavenged hides I think.
I'm building an EC and I have a pauldron type thing made from scraps - though they do all still match - they are different sizes and shapes of leather.
For larger items - I think it would depend on what part, what type of leather, how big the pieces are and how you intend to attach them all together.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2016, 11:13 PM »
Thanks for the input Kris.

I my skip the vest, as you said it isnt required for EC.

The leather i would like to use on a half cape, loin cloth and potentially a kama. You can sort of see what i mean by my very rough (no artistic streak here) sketch.

On a side note, i really should buy some coloured pencils, or in my case a handful of crayons.

Kris Jasra

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2016, 11:08 AM »
Patchwork kama and loincloth should work. Cape - how big are the scraps?

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2016, 04:43 PM »
Dont have them on hand as of yet, but some pieces seem to be rather large, easily over a foot so wouldnt look like very small pieces stitched together.
When i have them on my table ill take a happy snap.

Kris Jasra

« Reply #5 on: Apr 27, 2016, 11:40 AM »
Over a foot should be fine. Was just thinking if they're like hand size bits it'd look a little weird :P

« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2016, 07:34 PM »
Huzzah! Leather remnants have arrived, seems i got some decently large pieces to work with.
And thanks IKEA for the free measuring tapes ;)

These 4 pieces are the smaller ones, even the 2 very small pieces are still large enough to use to skin a pouch or two i think.

And then we have a couple of larger ones.

I think these would be usable for what i have in mind, your thoughts?

Cheers in advance

Kris Jasra

« Reply #7 on: Apr 29, 2016, 05:38 AM »
Aye, they should work. :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!