Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New kit

• 8 Replies
New kit
« on: Jan 06, 2021, 10:30 AM »
Hey im just getting started and i have most of my soft parts but I have three questions
1) would these boots be acceptable?
https://www.amazon.com/Skechers-Segment-Dorton-Chukka-Black-Leather/dp/B00IV39482/ref=sr_1_16?dchild=1&keywords=Men%27s+Resment-Korver+Chelsea+Boot+black&qid=1609946540&sr=8-16
2) If so how do you go about removing the S logo from the leather? I've looked at spats but all i can really find are sport spats

3) I was looking for my second waist piece and want to go for a black belt with ammo pouches would something like this be acceptable? I would remove the holster that it comes with so it would just be the pouches. If not could someone point me in the right direction to get one that would be acceptable!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3P07P8/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4?psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExV1IzREtSRExIRk4xJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTczNjUyM1M3Rk5JVVVEM0tZVSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTkxNjQxQVVSN1VJQVMxTlJRJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsMiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Thank you guys so much for your time! :like:

Re: New kit
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2021, 10:50 AM »
Those boots look ok to my unofficial eye, but you'll need to cover up the sketchers logo on the back heel as well.
You might not be searching properly for the spats. To my knowledge, most people use antique military spats, or similar items. This website is a really good source for inexpensive soft parts, I really like some of the pouches they have, and I just checked and they have quite a few selections of gaiters puttees and spats that would work well.
As to the belt, I'm not so sure, and it would be better for someone else to comment rather for me to voice my opinion.

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2021, 11:00 AM »
The belt is way too earthy. Per the CRL;

"Modern tactical gear must be modified to no longer appear off the shelf. One example of the minimum level of modification would be the pouches used by First Order heavy troopers."

« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2021, 02:19 PM by jethroskull » Logged
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2021, 11:14 AM »
Thank you guys for the helpful tips, as for the belt Is there any good alternative place i can look like that colemans website? Or do you guys end up making your own?

« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2021, 12:00 PM »
Military Surplus stores are good for certain things, like specific pouches, spats, and other things, but most of the belts I've found while searching recently were to tactical to be easy and cheap to mod. Your better off either making it yourself, or looking at some different stores to find something you like. Etsy can be a good source, if you look up Stars Wars belt and look at sellers catering to customers, or look at the Mandalorian Supplies section of the forum, particularly the Hawkers Row or Continuous Sales sections, to find some good high quality belts and other items from other members.

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2021, 02:20 PM »
Surplus leather accessories are very swarzy!

Celtkhan

• Want some soup?
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2021, 04:20 PM »
Practically all vintage gear is swarzy, since a lot of the accessories used in the movies (including blasters!) were mildly modified props from old war movies.

« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2021, 04:40 PM »
I stand corrected, apparently I've been looking in all the wrong places.
My eyes are now opened to all the military surplus leather belts  :o

« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2021, 12:14 PM »

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!