Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jump Pack

• 18 Replies

Sevro

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 10 official invasions.
Jump Pack
« on: Apr 28, 2016, 04:24 PM »
Greetings vod'e. This is for my wife, so I went with a jump pack vs a jet pack in order to reduce size and weight. I tried to keep it simple, but still unique. Please let me know if I need to swarzy it up some more. Thanks!

Billy Becker
OM #1668
Ruus'alor
Haran'galaar Clan, San Diego, CA

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Re: Jump Pack
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 05:50 PM »
Greeting vod :D

Like how simple the pack is. nice colors and shapes. but for the wings it's a new one for me  ;D don't know if I like them or what :D The are beautifully made. but have to see it on the kit :D its just so new to me ^^ you have pictures of your wife wearing it on the kit :D you made me curious.

Burc'ya vaal burk'yc, burc'ya veman

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 05:54 PM »
The wings aren't so Star Warsy. Everything else looks great though!

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 07:37 PM »
the wings scream steampunk.

Sevro

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 10:29 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. The wings were my biggest concern, yet my and her favorite part. Trying to do something different. I knew it would be hard to fit in, but had to give it a go anyway. She'll be kitting up this weekend to finalize fitting and placement, so I'll post a shot of the jump pack combined with everything else for bit more perspective.

The wings aren't so Star Warsy. Everything else looks great though!

Would making the wings metallic looking help? Or it is the wing design in general?

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:32 PM by crackerbasket » Logged
Billy Becker
OM #1668
Ruus'alor

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 12:54 AM »
I think its the wing design in general, an the steampunk vibe is true ^^ but still the pack could work for like a steampunk/angel crossover not even sure what the App team would say about these wings. 

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 01:39 AM »
Yeah it's the wings in general. They don't fit the aesthetic so they look tacked on and like they don't belong. I'd be very surprised to see something like that appear in Star Wars, you know?

Sevro

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 08:10 AM »
My thought process behind the wings was based on the griffin form of The Daughter, representing a balance to the violent and merciless nature she has to adopt during battle. They act a sort of a talisman to keep her from giving in completely to the bloodlust and maintaining love and compassion for her family. It makes sense in my head, but that doesn't always translate to the real world...  :laugh:

Billy Becker
OM #1668
Ruus'alor

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 11:18 AM »
now I see were you got the idea from. still don't get the same connection with is as you I think. sorry vod (A)

Sevro

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 04:49 PM »
Ok, so instead of fighting the power, I made some adjustments. I tried to keep the wing asthetic, yet make them functional. So it still looks kind of wingy, but is also very splody. Thoughts?

Billy Becker
OM #1668
Ruus'alor

Ref Al'drann

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 04:51 PM »
I think that's a fantastic compromise. It still evokes wings, but it's much truer to the Star Wars design aesthetic.

Choruk Kar'ta

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2016, 04:53 PM »
Nailed it! really dig this design  8) its says wing but not to wingie :D great job vod! 

Sevro

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 07:25 PM »
Awesome to hear! I appreciate everyone's input.

Billy Becker
OM #1668
Ruus'alor

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 07:38 PM »
ooh you clever vod, fantastic stuff.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 11:52 PM »
Sick!  I love it!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 01:29 PM »
That is seriously cool.  Nice job vod!  8)

Pulse

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 03:23 PM »
I really like what you have done here, nice job!

Mando WIPs - Armor | Helmet | Soft
Vornskr Clan | MMCC #....

Solus Raam

• Sukwee Vawd
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions 267th Rapid Assault Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 10:29 AM »
Ok, so instead of fighting the power, I made some adjustments. I tried to keep the wing asthetic, yet make them functional. So it still looks kind of wingy, but is also very splody. Thoughts?

Looks awesome! A great compromise.

Sevro

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 04:24 PM »
I really appreciate everyone's support! I am quite happy with how it came out, as is the lady-friend.

Billy Becker
OM #1668
Ruus'alor

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!