Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft Parts WIP

• 50 Replies

Xundor Wrex

• No, I'm Jango's friend...
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
Soft Parts WIP
« on: May 01, 2016, 05:47 PM »
I don't have much to put here just yet. Have been focusing on my armor and bucket primarily. I have a flight suit, gloves, and the beginnings of a girth belt (burlap, duct tape, and hot glue). The girth belt looks terrible right now, but I still have quite a bit of work to do on it (obviously). I intend to dye it light brown to match the rest of the belt (not including the bright blue belt; hopefully, that will tie my armor color scheme into the soft parts).

As far as lower half, I'm probably going to shell out a little more for some laceless work boots of some kind. Other costumes in the past have taught me one thing, keep your feet comfortable. So, knowing that I'll probably be on my feet a lot while trooping (if I make it to OM status), I really want to ensure my dog won't be howling. Any suggestions? Wolverine? Red Wing?

Was also thinking about spats of some kind on the lower legs. I really like the look of the spats Cap wore when he was Steve Rogers: Agent of Shield.

As for my vest, I have a couple of friend's that sew and I'm seeing if either of them will take a commission to make it for me.

Anyway, that's all for soft parts for now. Suggestions?

Si vis pacem, Para bellum

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
Re: Soft Parts WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 08:31 PM »
Your soft parts look like they're pretty on point, but we'll know for sure once we get a picture of them on you.

I like your girth belt alot.  It looks like you added support for the strands in those brown straps, but have you considered sewing on an additional strap of fabric along the backside for additional stability?  The only reason I mention this is because my girth belt is constructed almost the same way and after a few troops some of the strands are already coming apart.

And yes, comfortable feet are key!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Xundor Wrex

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 01:54 AM »
Your soft parts look like they're pretty on point, but we'll know for sure once we get a picture of them on you.

I like your girth belt alot.  It looks like you added support for the strands in those brown straps, but have you considered sewing on an additional strap of fabric along the backside for additional stability?  The only reason I mention this is because my girth belt is constructed almost the same way and after a few troops some of the strands are already coming apart.

And yes, comfortable feet are key!

Thank you. There is still much to be done with the girth belt. I intend to do more vertical strips as well as one long horizontal strip. But finding time to do that is the hard part. Eventually, I would like to get one of my sewing friends to stitch it for added durability.

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2016, 12:12 AM »
Tried on most of what I had this evening to get an idea of how it looked so far.
I have a jumpsuit, but I really want to try to use scrubs if possible. The lighter blue undershirt is just a placeholder for now. Trying to get some scrub pant legs sewn into the sleeves to get the look of the Fett suits.
The duckcloth best came in the other day and fits just right.
Toying with the idea of a cod piece as well as a loin cloth of some sort (and interchange them as needed).
Anyway that's all for now.

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2016, 03:37 PM »
New gloves finally came in. The previous gloves were looking a little too BMXy. These still have some BMXness, but these are better because they allow me to use touchscreen devices!! :D
Sadly, they do have an O logo on the back, but that's nothing a little piece of velco armor won't cover.

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2016, 04:21 PM »
Dude....I'm not sure what I like bettter.  The gloves, or your selfie skills...   :laugh:

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2016, 04:35 PM »
Dude....I'm not sure what I like bettter.  The gloves, or your selfie skills...   :laugh:

At least I didn't have to use my nose this time. lol

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Sep 15, 2016, 07:49 PM »
Great start to your soft goods! If you're unsure about what to do for the spats, pheonix made a great tutorial for making spats!

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=120391.0

I think it would be a great place to start for you and you could always modify it to look like the pattern/style you're going for.

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2016, 09:23 PM »
Great start to your soft goods! If you're unsure about what to do for the spats, pheonix made a great tutorial for making spats!

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=120391.0

I think it would be a great place to start for you and you could always modify it to look like the pattern/style you're going for.

Thank you very much. I'll check that link out. However, i found some spats that fit nicely (pictured in the post from Aug. 29). Are they adequate?

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 100 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2016, 10:13 PM »
Oh! Not even sure how I missed that! Guess that's what I get for being up since 4:30 am! Those should work just fine :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #10 on: Sep 16, 2016, 02:23 PM »
Oh! Not even sure how I missed that! Guess that's what I get for being up since 4:30 am! Those should work just fine :)

I understand that feel! Hahaha Thanks for thw advice though. Also, your kit rocks.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #11 on: Sep 16, 2016, 08:34 PM »
I understand that feel! Hahaha Thanks for thw advice though. Also, your kit rocks.

Thanks! :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #12 on: Oct 02, 2016, 02:26 AM »
Not much of an update here. I have a girth belt on order. Tonight was late night trophy session.

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #13 on: Oct 06, 2016, 09:28 AM »
Looking good dude!  Those rank bars are gonna make nice trophies...not that I'd know or anything... :P

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #14 on: Oct 06, 2016, 01:38 PM »
Looking good dude!  Those rank bars are gonna make nice trophies...not that I'd know or anything... :P

Yeah, I'm sure you wouldn't!
Anyway, I'm primering the bars now. The kyber crystals are done, just need some weathering washes.

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #15 on: Oct 09, 2016, 11:23 PM »
Not going to be perfect, but they don't need to be.

Will still give the crystals a couple more washes, but the ranks are finished. I'd say I'm pleased with how they turned out.

« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2016, 03:38 AM by Xundor Wrex » Logged

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2016, 06:14 PM »
Neat!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Raestin Ke'Varek

« Reply #17 on: Oct 10, 2016, 07:26 PM »
Good job vod!!   8)

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #18 on: Oct 14, 2016, 02:14 AM »
Thanks, guys.

Girth belt arrived! Glad I got it when I did because the maker said she is moving on to other projects and actually used the last of her blue rope for my order. Thanks to Raestin and Kebiin for the recommendation. Kebiin and I will be belt buddies now! :D

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #19 on: Oct 14, 2016, 08:18 AM »
Very nice!

Love the pouches!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions
« Reply #20 on: Oct 14, 2016, 04:10 PM »
Looks awesome. There is a nice weaving in that belt.

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #21 on: Feb 11, 2017, 10:00 AM »
Thanks you guize!

Update! My mom personal tailor sewed pant legs into the sleeves on my scrub top top resemble the sleeves on the Fett suits. She also made me a kama! (Disregard feet.)

The sleeves are very baggy, but I think once I have the gauntlets on, the excess can be tucked into them.

Here I tried twisting the sleeves and secured them with ponytail holders.

Also, the slot holster for my blaster is just held on with zip ties for now, but I have someone working on a fix for that.

« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2017, 10:07 AM by Xundor Wrex » Logged

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #22 on: Feb 12, 2017, 01:02 AM »
Soft parts looking good! Sleeves are a bit baggy but that's a fairly easy thing to take in :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #23 on: Mar 10, 2017, 01:22 AM »
Sleeves have been taken in! Gotta figure out the velcro attachment for the tubing under the lip of the sleeve.

Raestin Ke'Varek

« Reply #24 on: Mar 10, 2017, 09:52 AM »
Looking good man!!  Here's a link to a great hose mounting solution.  It should work perfect for you.  :)

http://imgur.com/a/zEGVJ

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!