Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft Parts WIP

• 50 Replies

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018
Re: Soft Parts WIP
« Reply #30 on: Mar 13, 2017, 10:13 PM »
Looking good :)

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Xundor Wrex

• No, I'm Jango's friend...
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #31 on: Mar 13, 2017, 11:49 PM »
Looking good!!  8)
Fantastic!

Love the wear on the kama.
Looking good :)

Thanks you guys!

Paint/Grime added! I hit it with a little more after this pic was taken (hopefully so it will show in pics a little easier). Should I just leave it at that once it dries or do I wash it again?

Next up, sewing elastic loops into my sleeves for the hoses a la Raestin's suggested method. Never picked up a sewing needle before tonight, so I did a test run on a spare piece of fabric. Vods, we're in business... Tomorrow night. lol

Si vis pacem, Para bellum

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #32 on: Mar 17, 2017, 12:40 AM »
Loops sewn into the shirt for gauntlet tubes. (There will be a little overlap here with my other WIPs.) A potato drawing of what I did for the tubing attachment. Would like to go back over the navy tape with black electrical tape.

Also a shot of my belts so far. Gonna weather the girth belt tomorrow.

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #33 on: Mar 17, 2017, 11:55 AM »
Loops sewn into the shirt for gauntlet tubes. (There will be a little overlap here with my other WIPs.) A potato drawing of what I did for the tubing attachment. Would like to go back over the navy tape with black electrical tape.

Also a shot of my belts so far. Gonna weather the girth belt tomorrow.

Good job on the hose attachments!!  :D

I'd also suggest weathering the pouches too.  They're awesome pouches...but pretty clean.  And that Sidi girth belt takes a good bit of weathering to actually "look" weathered, so you may want to weather it, then take some pics and see if it actually shows up in the pics...then rinse and repeat if need be.

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #34 on: Mar 17, 2017, 02:12 PM »
How does this look so far? I'll probably go over with a little more this evening. I have some leather shoe oil I can try on the pouches (i was going to use it to weather my Poe/Finn jacket eventually, but was too nervous to try it; this will be the perfect first go with the stuff).

Bonus Pug shot.

An hour or so later, leather treating! Gonna still hit it with some black wash this evening.
 Before (left) and after (right).

All treated, awaiting dryness.

« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2017, 03:32 PM by Xundor Wrex » Logged

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #35 on: Mar 17, 2017, 06:30 PM »
Your dogs are cute!!

The weathering looks good! As long as the weathering is consistent between your soft stuff and your armor, you're good :) so if you do extra heavy weathering on the plates, do the same on the soft goods. If you do light weathering, on the armor, do light weathering on the soft stuff, etc..

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #36 on: Mar 18, 2017, 12:41 AM »
Your dogs are cute!!

The weathering looks good! As long as the weathering is consistent between your soft stuff and your armor, you're good :) so if you do extra heavy weathering on the plates, do the same on the soft goods. If you do light weathering, on the armor, do light weathering on the soft stuff, etc..

Thanks! So how hard would it be to make a Mando bucket for a Pug??? :P

I'm trying my best to keep it consistent. My plates are decently dingy from the black wash, but not too much. So that's where I'm aiming with the soft parts.

Black washed pouches!

Attempted to black wash the boots, but I can't really tell a difference... Also they will get weathered as they are worn.

Attempted to hit my black gloves with some brown spray paint, but they soaked it up and you cannot tell there is any brown on them at all.
Pre-App pics tomorrow! HYPE!

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #37 on: Mar 18, 2017, 11:20 PM »
Omg a pugmando would be adorable!

For your gloves, use maybe some charcoal or chalk or something similar to weather your gloves? Or dirt? lol can't wait to see some Pre app pictures :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #38 on: Mar 18, 2017, 11:25 PM »
Chalk and actual dirt are good suggestions. I'll have to look into that.

Here's a sample of the Pre-App pics.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #39 on: Mar 18, 2017, 11:43 PM »
Your chest plates aren't centered with your collar... but nothing else is really jumping out to me as an issue so that's good! Great job on everything so far :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #40 on: Mar 20, 2017, 09:36 PM »
Regional Pre-App actually didn't say anything about my plate alignment, but all my suggestions were Soft Parts related. Luckily, my mother is a whiz with the sewing machine.

Vest zipper was exposed above and below the back plate, so here is a flap to cover it. It's completely separate from the vest and velcros into place. Just needs a little black spray paint.

*Disregard my pack of weenies* :P

Also, the pants were too loose/baggy. We were able to take them in, but then had to move the velcro for the knee pads. So that took a little longer than planned, but we got it all done in one day. Also thinking I need a little more spray paint on my thighs.

Also may have something else in the pipeline, but that will be an after app project.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #41 on: Mar 21, 2017, 12:23 AM »
When you kit back up for the next round of pictures, move your girth belt or your pouches a bit. This will help because it'll be more visible and fill some space on your torso :) good work on the soft part fixes!

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #42 on: Mar 28, 2017, 01:31 PM »
When you kit back up for the next round of pictures, move your girth belt or your pouches a bit. This will help because it'll be more visible and fill some space on your torso :) good work on the soft part fixes!

Pouches were moved for the app round and the girth belt was visible. And now I'm an OM! :D
Thanks for all the pointers along the way, Kryamla!

Now for upgrades! lol More pouches that can double as a Shoretrooper trophy! These will probably sit on the back of my belt. Maybe they can hide the buckles.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #43 on: Mar 28, 2017, 03:54 PM »
Fantastic!

I picked up a couple sets of those recently as well. 

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #44 on: Mar 28, 2017, 06:17 PM »
Congrats! Glad to see you earn those stripes :)

- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!