Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Soft Parts WIP

• 50 Replies

Xundor Wrex

• No, I'm Jango's friend...
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Soft Parts WIP
« Reply #45 on: Mar 30, 2017, 05:31 PM »
Fantastic!

I picked up a couple sets of those recently as well. 
Congrats! Glad to see you earn those stripes :)

Thanks! I look forward to meeting both of you at Celebration!

In other news, figured I make my old weight lifting gloves usable for when I can't fiddle with the full fingers. I will probably paint over the logo. Won't be too noticeable as that part tucks under the gaunts nicely.

Not sure what to do with the Shoretrooper pouch. It can be worn around my waist as another belt, but it just hangs there and doesn't hug to my body like I want it to. However, there is a loop that my pouch belt can slide through and it seems to hug to me a little better. The only problem would be I'd have to either cut the D rings or the leather immediately around the rings to get rid of the strap. I'm leaning toward cutting the D rings and if I want to go back, I can just get a couple of small carabiner clips.

Si vis pacem, Para bellum

Raestin Ke'Varek

• Fortune favors the bold
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #46 on: Mar 31, 2017, 04:00 PM »
In other news, figured I make my old weight lifting gloves usable for when I can't fiddle with the full fingers. I will probably paint over the logo. Won't be too noticeable as that part tucks under the gaunts nicely.

Great Odin's ravens!!  I need a pair of those gloves!!  8)

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #47 on: Apr 04, 2017, 12:39 AM »
Shoretrooper pouches added as well as an elastic holster for the knife. Don't like the holster, so I think the blade will just be tucked into the belt for now. (Oops forgot to reverse the last image)

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #48 on: Apr 05, 2017, 01:53 PM »
So I went ahead and weathered this loin cloth my tailor whipped up for me. Gonna stick to the plate as much as possible, but incase it breaks or something happens I want the cloth in my kit.

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Family events 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #49 on: Apr 05, 2017, 08:46 PM »
I like the additions of the shore pouch and knife; looks nice :) as does that look cloth!

Manda'galaar Clan || MMCC #1278
Bo-Katan WIP - Bo-Katan Brigade WIP
- S7 Bo-Katan WIP

Xundor Wrex

« Reply #50 on: Apr 05, 2017, 09:41 PM »
Thank you! Also covered the logo on my fingerless gloves! One side is embossed (why the other isn't, I'll never know), but the weathering combined with covering via the gaunts shouldn't let it be noticeable. Gonna add a little more black wash on the rest of them to make it even.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!