Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mix's Protector WIP (Approved Official Kit, Brigade Status: Approved 8-2-16)

• 83 Replies

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
Re: Mix's Protector WIP
« Reply #25 on: Jun 19, 2016, 04:08 PM »
I cannot take credit for that! 

Plates from Red Krayt Dragon is the primo stuff, IMO.  Came out of the box well sized and shaped.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #26 on: Jun 20, 2016, 02:03 PM »
Plates and spacing look niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.....

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #27 on: Jun 20, 2016, 02:52 PM »
Thanks again, Vhett.

I've been talking to Dha Bral and Raestin about the plate spacing.  Their concern is the crunching of the ab plate from the chest tabs.  I should be able to make some minute adjustments and we should be good to go there.  In the meantime, I was able to make some more progress on my lazy Sunday.

Masking fluid removed.  Lots and lots of tweezing involved here.

Close up of the knees.  These guys, along with my shoulder plates, and gaunts (when I get around to them) will just have their final coat right over this layer of primer.  No funny colors for these guys this time.

Don't mind mah feet.  The "funny" colors will be the accent layer of color beneath the green to give the armor a little pop.  Similar to Boba and what I have on my first kit.

Re-attached to my vest and hung up with the masking fluid removed.  I'm very happy with the results on this.  Unfortunately, I ran out of masking fluid in this endeavor and my new stuff won't arrive until sometime later this week.  Until then, I've got plenty of other stuff to work on.

I also got the hardware attached to my jet pack that will keep it attached to my back.  Should be seeing a paint up of that soon.  I'm sure that will really put my painting skills to the test! 

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 09:23 AM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #28 on: Jun 21, 2016, 03:32 AM »
Absolutely fantastic progress!  And I'm loving the layered weathering you've got started.  Keep up the great work!

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2023
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron
« Reply #29 on: Jun 21, 2016, 03:46 AM »
Great work, mAkes me want to pull my finger out and get moving again

Mi'ix

« Reply #30 on: Jun 21, 2016, 08:41 AM »
Thanks guys!  I'm so glad you like where this build is going. 

I'm still waiting on my masking fluid, but in the meantime, tonight will be focused on getting my cod/kidney armor to sit right, and starting to clean up the various jetpack parts.  I need to look into acquiring some more hardware to get the rocket and thrusters mounted.

More updates to come!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #31 on: Jun 22, 2016, 11:34 AM »
Looking pretty awesome! I really like the gloves and the addition of the collar studs

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Mi'ix

« Reply #32 on: Jun 22, 2016, 12:39 PM »
The little metal bits (studs, toe spikes, etc...) are the little details, to me, that will make the kit! 

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Mi'ix

« Reply #33 on: Jun 27, 2016, 10:01 PM »
Ok!

It has been awhile and things have been happening, but I haven't had time to post as this weekend was pretty busy with the clan, etc...

So, I had to deal with the conundrum of how to deal with the gaping hole in my NME rocket pack. For those of you that don't know, I have to make this rocket removable for easier transport. The problem is where to mount said hardware with the hole. I used resin to fill the hole, and a wooden frame to set the bolt. I'm going to let it setup over night just to make sure everything is ok.

The jetpacks thrusters also received the same treatment. I'll post the results once I know how everything turned out.

And finally....

GREEN ALL THE THINGS!  ;D

Seriously, how could anyone ever tire of green.

That's all for now...oh, and range finder tax.

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 09:32 AM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Mi'ix

« Reply #34 on: Jun 29, 2016, 09:07 PM »
Ok, so more progress tonight.

Gaunt shells connected with some pop rivets (just like my first kit.

Shiny jetpack! Base cost of "aluminum" put down over the original gray primer. I'll do some masking fluid, add another layer of primer and then start with the colors.

Knees darts added to mah knees. Making sure the placement is good before final paint. Don't want no Steve Buscemi knee darts.

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 09:36 AM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Vhett Naast

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Best Newbie - Official Member in last 12 months with best costume Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #35 on: Jun 29, 2016, 10:20 PM »
Looking sharp  8)  8)  8)

Mi'ix

« Reply #36 on: Jul 01, 2016, 08:31 AM »
Ok, so to go with all the purty armor I have, I needed a blaster for pew pew purposes....

DC-15A, all nekkid.

Comes apart for easy transport!  This was a plus to me as this thing is over 5 feet long.

Primed and "metal" coated with Rustoleum aluminum! (I didn't get pictures of the primer, but it's there)

Beginnings of cape weathering.  I did a lot more after this picture was taken, but I let the blowtorch burn a little too long resulting in the large "blaster" burn.  Don't worry!  I was able to play around with the damage and come up with a nice finished product.  (no pictures yet)

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 09:39 AM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #37 on: Jul 01, 2016, 11:34 AM »
Looking like your set for a kick shebs kit, looking great  ;D

Lynn TXP 0369

• He's no good to me dead.
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade
« Reply #38 on: Jul 01, 2016, 07:09 PM »
Looking really good!! Loving the Boba styled armor.
Lynn

Phil. 4:13
Ex Phoenix Squadron member TXP 0369.
Helmet done.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=100331.15

Mi'ix

« Reply #39 on: Jul 04, 2016, 01:57 AM »
Thank you all for the kind words! I'm really excited to hopefully be finishing up this build soon.

See below...

Front

Right side

Back

Left side (kinda)

In yo' face!

Added accesories...

Still a ton to do, at the top of the list being jetpack paint, more weathering, Boba thong, gaunt greeblies, but we're getting close!

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 09:43 AM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #40 on: Jul 04, 2016, 02:31 AM »
Love first kits ups, looks fantastic  8)

« Reply #41 on: Jul 04, 2016, 03:20 AM »
Looking good vod
Reminds me I have to get ball rolling on mine

Vhett Naast

« Reply #42 on: Jul 04, 2016, 11:43 PM »
Looking super fly man! I Love it!

Mi'ix

« Reply #43 on: Jul 06, 2016, 12:22 AM »
I did a thing, or rather, a lot of different things that led to one obnoxious thing.

The pack's paint job is obviously based off of Boba's in ROTJ, with some differences, mainly purple rocket, no piano keys, and some colors switched around to avoid being identical.

Pre-weathering

Post-weathering

This what probably the single most complex thing I've ever painted, let alone weathered. It's not done yet, but certainly closer.

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 09:45 AM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Vhett Naast

« Reply #44 on: Jul 06, 2016, 12:48 AM »
I like it!

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
« Reply #45 on: Jul 06, 2016, 02:42 AM »
Thing of beauty

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #46 on: Jul 07, 2016, 12:47 PM »
This is fantastic! Nice work. May I ask how much the toe spikes were? I'd like to get some.

ORI’RAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736

Mi'ix

« Reply #47 on: Jul 07, 2016, 12:57 PM »
These were $60 I think from machine craft replica over on the dented helmet.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Kai Ree'tat

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #48 on: Jul 07, 2016, 05:37 PM »
spectacular work Mi'ix, I have my work cut out for me for sure.

Mi'ix

« Reply #49 on: Jul 07, 2016, 06:02 PM »
Thank you, Kai!

We're going to have a very good bunch of protectors when all is said and done.

I had some time tonight to add my brigade sigil to the left shoulder plate. The Protectors are the only ones who can add the sigil to their armor prior to being accepted into the brigades from what I understand, so on it went.

I believe the only other thing I need to do is put together my shin tools and we'll be ready for pre-app.

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2017, 09:46 AM by Mi'ix » Logged
Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!