Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

In-CON post-mortem

• 23 Replies

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: In-CON post-mortem
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2016, 09:52 PM »
Faja - when you get time, please confirm you have and are willing to supply the tablecloths and I'll mark it accordingly.

Gardengeek - If I make you the "What is LWI?" poster/sign, can you print up all of the signage?  "Not for sale" and the others are generic enough that you can have as much or as little fun as you'd like.

I'll help with the CRL/photo binder as much as I can but right now I have too much on my plate to take point.  Tell me what you need and I'll make it happen.

Here are the kits I had picked for the photo album when I was working on it.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 09:55 PM by Zophar Ptay » Logged
Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 11:38 PM »
Yes, I can print whatever we need, and I will take a look at the binder in the next few weeks. Thanks for the link :)

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 12:40 AM »
Roger that! i have the table cloths

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 02:46 PM »
Sorry I'm late to the party everyone...

Between first week of school, catching up on work (don't want to get caught in the layoffs), and organizing the BC Children's hospital troop, I didn't have the time I needed to adequately contribute to this convo... (and then i may have forgotten about it for 2-3 days after I time :D )

Anyways, I love everything that has been said so far. reposting zoph's post in white with my comments in BOLD ITALICS:

Things we can improve:
  • Obviously, we needed better organization on the roadtrip out.  Likely worth the extra few bucks to reserve sailings in the future.
Yes, better organization overall is a must for any event where we are commuting out to.
  • We need a pre-event rules recap.
Couldn't agree more, I would like to write a checklist/script for this if that's cool with you all? (I do this on a daily basis during the winter 3 times a day for ski camps. Before each camps instructors leaves to pick up kids, I have a meeting with them. Also, sending a pre-event briefing doc out to all rostered members detailing event details is a must. It was very helpful for our Hospital visit last week.

• I figured it was a small enough event and enough of us with kits that we didn't need a schedule, but we ended up with nobody in kit for almost two hours on Saturday so we'll be having a schedule in the future.
I highly doubt this... other than lunch, and our quick march, I was at the booth the whole time Saturday. But yes, we will need a schedule for big cons and many events. We also don't need someone in the photobooth at all times. We can have scheduled photo op times, and use the booth for other purposes during non photo times.

• Zophar needs to chill TFO and trust people.
Amen

• Never assume that everyone knows The Plan; especially the person MAKING the plans.   Always recap.
Always recap! (it also happens to have a plan in place to begin with  :P )

• Drinks and snacks on the booth table looked very sloppy and unprofessional
Table cloth should fix this, as mentioned
[/list]

Things we need for future events:

• small garbage can for behind the booth
Easily accomplished by repurposing our transportation method for table supplies
  • Funnel and hose for filling water weight buckets
  • tabelcloth for an 8' table; two would be ideal (faja66)
  • Business card and rack card display stands (Zoph)
I'm also working on an in universe solution for these
  • "Photos by donation" sign (GardenGeek)
  • "What s Little Warriors International?" sign
  • wire rack display cubes (Zoph)
  • "Not for sale" and "Do NOt Touch" signs (GardenGeek)
  • A clan medic/repair kit with tape, safety pins, zip ties, emergency velcro dots, fishing line, etc
Everyone should have their own, but definitely good to have a clan one
  • Sharpies (both black and silver) and/or pens
  • CRL binder
  • photalbum

I'd also like to build a weapons rack for props that people can take photos with.

GardenGeek

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 03:00 AM »
I think doing a rules recap would make us feel more like a unit :) dare I say....a team? It will be better next time when half of the people there aren't kitting up for the first time too :)

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 02:09 PM »
Or finishing their kits in the back room at the event :P

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

GardenGeek

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2016, 04:57 PM »
*cough* yeahhhhhhhhhh. Or that.

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #22 on: Jun 09, 2016, 01:37 PM »
I've got 2 nice fancy binders we can use for photoalbums

« Reply #23 on: Jun 09, 2016, 01:41 PM »
Our kits were done... we were uh... just tightening straps... I have no idea why it smelled like paint in there... funny that.

First Kit - Early Crusader - In Progress: Bondo Helmet, Page 4
Other First Kit - Modern - In Progress:
Hard Parts and Soft Parts updated 25/04/16

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!