Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

NME Assassin helmet updates on second page!!

• 56 Replies
Re: NME Assassin helmet updates on second page!!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 04, 2017, 09:55 PM »
Looks great so far! Maybe if you didn't like the nose you had before you could try something like this?

Of course that's only if you don't meet the 2/3 rule. This type of cut could also help with visibility, but it looks like you have a really could layout for that anyway. Good luck!

Arno Kal-Torra

• If your good at something, Never do it for free.
« Reply #26 on: Jan 05, 2017, 08:41 PM »
Looks great so far! Maybe if you didn't like the nose you had before you could try something like this?

Of course that's only if you don't meet the 2/3 rule. This type of cut could also help with visibility, but it looks like you have a really could layout for that anyway. Good luck!

That's is a very interesting take on it, I will consider and hopefully get an officer to way in on the 2/3 rule before I do anything. My biggest concern is whether or not it would be strong enough. I am certainly you intrigued and will think about it. Thank you!

Can I get an officer to weigh in on whether this would be acceptable or not? Thank you in advance!

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #27 on: Jan 24, 2017, 12:24 AM »
Been able to get some work done, did some 3-D battle damage and got a few silver coats on. Lemme know what y'all think, it's my first time riding 3-D damage ON PURPOSE lol, thanks!

« Reply #28 on: Jan 24, 2017, 01:40 AM »
Bit daunting at first hacking into a bucket or other part, looking pretty cool though

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #29 on: Jan 24, 2017, 01:48 AM »
Bit daunting at first hacking into a bucket or other part, looking pretty cool though
I find hacking into helmets entertaining.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #30 on: Jan 24, 2017, 06:33 AM »

I was TERRRIFIED!! lol I love this helmet and was just free handing it with a dremel, eventually i began to be okay with it and almost enjoy doing it but wow.

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #31 on: Feb 07, 2017, 10:59 PM »
Painting has been underway, didn't get any pictures of the weathering colors, I only did them in specific spots for the most part but black is down, next is to do some more masking and then green, masking, and a little orange/red for some highlights, black and brown washes, then airbrush shading and a shot at rust affect. Any tips on tape in order to tape off without the black being ripped off? Thanks!!!:)

And a little sneak peak at the weathering before washes ect.

I also ordered materials to make a mirrors green visor to try out or sell. Haven't decided, if anyone is interested in a green mirrored visor though I should easily be able to reproduce them once the materials get here and I'll have pictures. What would be a good price? Thanks again!

« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2017, 11:03 PM by Arno Kal-Torra » Logged

Barn

« Reply #32 on: Feb 08, 2017, 07:02 AM »
I think mirrored green would work really well.

I also need a green visor for my sons helmet, depending on price :P When you have more info, PM me please!

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #33 on: Feb 08, 2017, 03:03 PM »
I think mirrored green would work really well.

I also need a green visor for my sons helmet, depending on price :P When you have more info, PM me please!

Awesome I will definitely letcha know, materials should be here tomorrow so I'll post pics and PM you!

Natan Vizsla

• Not the Force, excessive force.
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #34 on: Feb 08, 2017, 03:12 PM »
Just so I know I'm not totally crazy, the peach color is intentional and not Bondo showing through right? Paint is silver, grey, peach, black right?

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #35 on: Feb 08, 2017, 03:55 PM »
Just so I know I'm not totally crazy, the peach color is intentional and not Bondo showing through right? Paint is silver, grey, peach, black right?

Yes sir, silver, grey, tan, and black currently. It didn't show well in picture but is darker and more brown/tan and will darken with the black and brown wash. I have a brown flight suit too that shopuod help tie it in a bit more. There is zero bonds on this helmet, justresin, and then Sinatra and wood putty filler for the faceplate actually haha

Natan Vizsla

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #36 on: Feb 08, 2017, 04:15 PM »
Ok so I'm not completely nuts. Why'd you throw on the tan? I don't see any of your other parts with tan.

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #37 on: Feb 08, 2017, 11:06 PM »
Ok so I'm not completely nuts. Why'd you throw on the tan? I don't see any of your other parts with tan.

Just as if it were a color painted in before a repaint. If it's that crazy I can just paint over it with the black/green. I only took a few bits of the fluid off as I'm not done painting.

Natan Vizsla

« Reply #39 on: Feb 10, 2017, 07:48 PM »
Cool idea having "differen"t colours show through.

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #40 on: Feb 13, 2017, 09:02 AM »
Cool idea having "differen"t colours show through.

Thanks! may do some blue to as a tribute to my original kit... or maybe just reuse a blaster. We'll see.

On other news, applying tint is much more difficult than I anticipated and i'm now told there are CRL's for how to do it. So I will likely be stuck with a regular dark shaded visor until I can purchase the appropriately made visor, but this one with its air bubbles actually gives it a weathered look and could be fun for personal troops.

You can also see some more weathering, I promise the white looking colors are silver haha.
Currently having an issue with paint peeling from tape as you can see, so I haven't been able to tape off for the green yet..:(

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #41 on: Feb 13, 2017, 11:26 AM »
Try weakening the tape, run it along your jeans, like you would if you were removing lint.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #42 on: Feb 13, 2017, 01:15 PM »
The only thing the CRLs says is a visor dark enough to obscure the wearers face.Theresnothing wrong with a mirrored visor as long as the tint is applied well.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #43 on: Feb 13, 2017, 01:34 PM »
The only thing the CRLs says is a visor dark enough to obscure the wearers face.Theresnothing wrong with a mirrored visor as long as the tint is applied well.

Interesting... thank you for that, guess I'll take another shot at it!

Try weakening the tape, run it along your jeans, like you would if you were removing lint.

Interesting, I'll certiantly try it when I get home. My concern with that is that the edges might not be as crisp.

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #44 on: Mar 15, 2017, 04:22 PM »
Sorry its been a while, I have been super busy and the last time I tried to post my draft got deleted so here we go again.

So I first taped it off for the green.

Then painted green, pictures make the green look terrible but it was worth it.

Then I taped off and painted the orange.

Then I wanted to do soemthing unique with the killstripes so I did diamonds and took the fading orange to red from Boba.

Then the final reveal!!!

It was my first airbrush project and I'm happy with how it turned out, the jaig eye on the left said of the helmet got cut off due to tape but I think i can work it into weathering somehow. I still need to tye it in with airbrushing, black and brown wash, rust paint, and dry brushing some silver. Comments suggestions ect are appreciated!

Now I need a visor and suspension system and continue on my armor. Now going to start a ROTJ helmet for a buddy that i need to have done by may so that'll be interesting!!!! Thanks all, i'll update when she's completely done.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #45 on: Mar 15, 2017, 05:30 PM »
Wow. Just... Wow! :o 8)

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Ty'renn Argos

• "I'd sell my mother to the Jawas for a good hunt."
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #46 on: Mar 15, 2017, 06:31 PM »
That is top notch vod.
Unbelievable work!

Ni cuy' gar vod jii.

« Reply #47 on: Mar 16, 2017, 12:14 AM »
Good job vod, nice colour choices. Very good paint work for your first airbrush job too.....the sky's the limit now vod.

Arno Kal-Torra

« Reply #48 on: Apr 02, 2017, 09:55 PM »
Weathering. Is. DONEEEE!!! So happy!! Also redid the visor with the help of my father, it looks muchhh better!

And the helmet

And a side by side shot of Faye (left) and Alana (right)

Super happy with how it turned out! I started out with using black to try and tye the colors in, then did a little rust which didn't turnout how I thought it would but i still like it, then I did two coats of brown wash  and then like 4 coats of black wash, some dry brushing (never use foam brushes for this btw) and 2 coats of matt clear coat. Thanks y'all for all the encouragement, if you've got any other suggestions lemme know, otherwise. I'm glad to have this finished and really focus on the ROTJ helmet and my armor.:-)

« Reply #49 on: Apr 03, 2017, 06:10 PM »
Looks real good vod, the weathering on the black, on the left, looks great, top job vod

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!