Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Any recommendations for Gloves?

• 9 Replies

B0ndZ

Any recommendations for Gloves?
« on: Jun 16, 2016, 03:03 PM »
I am looking to buy my gloves and havent come across anything good. Does anyone have recommendations for either black or grey gloves that fit the New Era Mando style?

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 2016 Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
Re: Any recommendations for Gloves?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2016, 03:50 PM »
Any utility or tactical gloves will work for you.  Just make sure they don't have any logos, brand names or tags visible.

You want to go with something comfortable because you'll be wearing them a lot.  I recommend fingerless gloves or ones with the fingertips that will work with a smartphone screen.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medic Brigade
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Ref Al'drann

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2016, 04:49 PM »
Unlined leather gloves are my recommendation. I don't recommend fingerless gloves for aesthetic reasons. It's not a huge hassle to take your gloves off to use your phone and most leather gloves work with touch screens anyway.

DJon Ros

• Mando Merc #425 BLUE MOON CLAN
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2016, 08:55 PM »
Checkout the gardening gloves at Lowes or Home Depot. They have some great lightweight gloves that look awesome with a Mando kit.

18 OFFICIAL INVASIONS & 8 UNOFFICIAL (Table or Handler)
#1 MMCC Patch Collector on 501st Collection db.
FORMER BMC RUSSALOR
BMC-OM#4
Mando Rider #0014-Merc Motorcycle Association
M.A.B.L.E. #032
B.O.M.B. #47
TK8854-MSG 501st Legion-ANH Stormtrooper
Celebration VI & VIII SURVIVOR
« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2016, 09:48 PM »
saw quite a few tactical gloves on ebay.

Darth_Vemon

• Crush your enemies, see them driven before you...
« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2016, 09:57 PM »
The problem with tactical gloves is that they are very obviously modern tactical gloves.  They get approved, but to me, don't fit the mythos that is the Star Wars universe. 

K'dumi haran doslanir bat vheh ures aranov.

Benjin "Farlander" Kov'nyn

Check out my fanfic:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=130493.0

Cabur Akaata #49 M5SP #22 B.O.O.M. #21 Aluminati #46
« Reply #6 on: Jun 16, 2016, 09:58 PM »
I found mine at a air soft store.I can post a pic in the morning.

« Reply #7 on: Jun 20, 2016, 12:44 PM »
Mine are soft leather work gloves, white. They had a black, red and white striped cuff, which I took off and replaced with 2" black ribbed elastic (easy sewing job: just wrap a length around your wrist so it's not too tight, mark the spot and sew it into a loop. Then sew it on the glove leather. Easy-peasy!)

Weathering them was a simple enough job. Put gloves on, pour a wash of light gray on them rub all over. Find a gravel driveway and grab a few handfuls of gravel, rub all over... Total cost, about $5... The look on people's faces when I rub gravel all over my hands was priceless though...  :laugh:

B.o.B.B. #008
Grey Brigade OT Guard #021

Mandobhooah

• I'll try my best
« Reply #8 on: Jun 27, 2016, 05:39 PM »
I ended up using some extra grip gloves or something along those lines, I found them at my local Ace Hardware and used some spare sintra  to cover the logo

Tier

• Sometimes I'm hungry, other times I'm asleep.
  • Awards Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions. EnviroOps
« Reply #9 on: Jun 28, 2016, 01:03 PM »
Check out SCA and LARP gloves on amazon. I found a nice pair of deer skin leather gloves there ($35). I removed the inner fleece lining and changed the color with some leather paint. The paint bonded really well and looks natural enough.

Mountain Ops #001 Beast Hunter #013 M.A.C.K. Daddy #002 Mando-Tough #037 B.E.A.R.D.S. #100

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!