Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP Rotary Canon

• 5 Replies

Abdel

WIP Rotary Canon
« on: Jun 21, 2016, 07:28 PM »
So I've been working on a weapon for my kit seeing as I'm waiting on Sintra. Making a rotary canon, so far its almost 4 feet long, and around 20 lbs. I started with just scrap pieces of panic hardware, and some scrap metal from work. I have made my cannon part, and the rest of it, just need to make a handles which i haven't quite yet figured out what i'm doing for, and painting it.

Any ideas or tips for finishing this up would be appreciated and welcomed.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Jag Cabur

• Call me 'Sparky.'
Re: WIP Rotary Canon
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2016, 10:26 PM »
When I was considering how I'd go about making a rotary cannon, I considered the merits of cannibalizing an electric leaf blower.

As for the front handle, the one you hold in your off hand, might I recommend looking at the handles you find on weedwhackers?  They've always seemed very 'heavy weapons'-ish to me.

Hand me my thinking grenades.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2016, 10:54 PM »
That's going to look nice.

Abdel

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2016, 11:26 PM »
Thanks, I was kinda thinking of using a couple of dowels and something to screw to the sides of it for the front. and i just thought last night i need to make a spot to make like my "energy cell pack" so i need some more scrap metal from work for that.
I am pretty excited to get this done and for my sintra to start that stuff >.<

Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2016, 11:59 AM »
A group of us are going to build an rotary autocannon for one of our Mandos. We'll be watching this tread closely!

Great start!

Like art, a build is never truly done.

Abdel

« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2017, 12:00 AM »
Okay.. Well.. Its been a long while.. and i'm not really done yet. I got busy with work. and maybe did a bit of procrastinating... but I have made some progress. I wish it was more.

So, I used our rollers at work to roll some aluminum into a cylinder. Screwed it all together on the bottom side, heated up some syntra to put on the bottom half of the gun hiding all my screws, and giving it a thicker bottom.

I cut a 2 inch strip of syntra to put around the front behind my barrels, I haven't put it on yet, but i cut a piece of dowel to be installed here to be my front handle. On the other end, I left my main rod stick out as I have yet to decide how I am going to do the rear grip and trigger assembly yet. I was thinking It may be easiest to just put a piece of syntra around here and leave a gap wide enough to stick my hand in to grab the main rod.

Then I was thinking of just painting it with a textured black paint. Possibly some greeblies. Or some such. I've been poking and prodding but its starting to come together.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!