Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Female Merc Boots and Scrubs

• 8 Replies
Female Merc Boots and Scrubs
« on: Oct 01, 2015, 02:45 PM »
I wanted to find out from everyone what the thoughts were on a female merc that has boots with a heel?
I am not talking about a slutty heel or anything. Just a wedge boot. A little higher than what Sabine wears. It would be mainly for photos, but is it allowable?

The second question is about scrubs.
I hear a lot about using them instead of a flight suit or coveralls because the variety of colors, lighter wear in high temps, etc... But what do I do with the pockets and short sleeves?

Any help here would be much appreciated!

« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2016, 12:43 PM by Boobutt » Logged
forgetting a entye does not mean bic cuyir paid
(forgetting a debt does not mean it is paid)

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
Re: Female Merc Boots and Scrubs
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2015, 08:24 PM »
As far as scrubs, I wear scrub pants with a matching lab jacket.  That gives the illusion of a one-piece flight suit, but is much more comfortable.

You can technically go with short sleeves or sleeveless, but I'd check with your ruus'alor first.  Another thing people do is to wear the scrub top with a long-sleeve compression shirt underneath.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2015, 04:49 PM »
Much appreciated! Do you happen to know about the boots?

Catika

• "No permanent harm done."
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2015, 01:11 PM »
Per CRLs, a wedge heel is okay, but stilettos are not. :) "High heels/stiletto female boots are not acceptable mandalorian armor attire. Platform, wedge, and chunky style heels are acceptable."

Vraeden

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 2016 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Medic Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2015, 08:46 PM »
One word of caution about all boots:

Go for comfort and function, not fashion.  While you don't have to be able to walk a 5K in your boots, count on being on your feet for extended periods of time, so I'd make sure whatever boots you get are comfortable.

Your armor tells your story.

West Virginia's First Merc
Medical Corps
OM #876, BMC #10, TASK Force #11, M5 #29, BMG #3, KMB #36

Submit your Brigades application

Catika

• "No permanent harm done."
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2015, 09:42 PM »

Go for comfort and function, not fashion.  While you don't have to be able to walk a 5K in your boots, count on being on your feet for extended periods of time, so I'd make sure whatever boots you get are comfortable.

SECONDED! I thrifted a pair of wedge heels and could not STAND them, so I went with flat boots.

seugtai

• 'ZOOG-tay'
  • nom nom...cookie
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Celebration Chicago Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2015, 09:58 PM »
A wedge heel is certainly acceptable.

On the scrubs, you'll need to remove any butt pockets and try to cover any side pockets as best you can with pouches or something else. You can either wear long sleeves under or attach sleeves directly to the underside of the short sleeves to cut down on having an extra layer. They can match the short sleeves or be an entirely different color as long as the short sleeves match the pants.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #7 on: Oct 17, 2015, 08:42 PM »

You may have to walk that far... Our St. Patrick's Day parade, if you halve to walk back from the finish to the staging area, is 5.37 kilometers long.

« Reply #8 on: Jul 20, 2016, 12:44 PM »
Wow! Haven't checked this in a while and it turns out there is some great advice on here! Thanks everyone!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!