Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP for my Modern Era kit

• 7 Replies
WIP for my Modern Era kit
« on: Jul 04, 2016, 02:27 PM »
Just starting out - Updates to follow. I have purchased some Sintra and made some shoulder plates, started discussing attachment methods. Its all still in the realm of researching methods and I won't hesitate to scrap and learn.

Your constructive feedback is always welcome.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: WIP for my Modern Era kit
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2016, 02:29 PM »
Looking forward to it :D

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2016, 02:45 PM »
Here are the shoulder plates.

I need to add attachment points and "dents"

« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2016, 03:07 PM »
Names names names -

Considering Ordo Gyl

Suggestions?

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2016, 06:30 PM »
On the names front, all I can say is it's your character so pick whatever you like! I do like the sound of Ordo Gyl, though.

And I'm looking forward to seeing progress on your kit! I'll be lurking around for updates :)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2016, 04:58 PM »
Here are the shoulder plates.

I need to add attachment points ...

Surprisingly enough, shoulders are one of the easiest things to attach, and one of the easiest things to overthink. If you have too many attachment points the bells wont move naturally as you move, instead they will restrict your movements and always seem off in every stance other than just arms at your sides. Usually a single attachment with room to move somewhere near the center and top third of the bell is more than adequate. If you are coming to the bbq this weekend I will bring my vest/upper plates and you can see what I have done and we can discuss your ideas as well.

First Kit - Early Crusader - In Progress: Bondo Helmet, Page 4
Other First Kit - Modern - In Progress:
Hard Parts and Soft Parts updated 25/04/16
« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2016, 01:00 PM »
After what seems like endless tests and other learning, I have started into what I hope will be my real kit. I have attended two armor parties and several lessons with various people who showed me how to sew, paint, bend, and cut.

Now I am starting to see pieces that will hopefully be accepted. The coveralls I ordered arrived and I promptly dyed them and the fabric I will be using for my vest and neck seal.

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2016, 12:20 AM »
Neat color.   Almost looks like a light denim.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!