Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Dara's WIP weapons

• 0 Replies
Dara's WIP weapons
« on: Jul 12, 2016, 01:33 AM »
I figured I might as well start a small thread for my own weapon builds to get a little exposure outside of my main build thread for you weapon master builders to see and give input on. I built a great electrostaff from the tutorial on the forums, and am in the process of finishing up my vibrodagger.
Here is the staff:

I scale in at 5'6" and it is a bit taller than me unkitted...about even with my bucket when in kit, and because it has metal as the center it gets heavy after a full day of carrying it around. I'm thinking of putting a strap on it to carry it on my back, but we will see what supplies I run across.

And here is my vibrodagger, which is getting close to done. Yes, it is heavily influenced by Helix's beautiful cast, but I am a poor mando, so I am working up a larger version for myself (with his permission because he is super cool). I'm at the bondo, sand, paint, bondo, sand, paint...etc. stage as of tonight.

It is a long hilted dagger. It measures 16 inches end to end.
Here are some detail shots of the toothed portion of the blade and the etching.

Now, I can't claim to know Aurebesh. I used a translator, but it is supposed to say "Teach those who listen" on the first side and "Deal with those who refuse" on the other. I figured it was a fitting mantra to have, especially since I am shooting to join the beast tamer brigade.

Once I have sunlight tomorrow will be painting/bondoing until it looks good, weathering, and then I have plans to make up a leg sheath for the dagger.
Any input/suggestions are always welcome

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!