Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Chest Display - How to attach to Sintra?

• 4 Replies

Ajoliveira

• Proud Member of the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions
Chest Display - How to attach to Sintra?
« on: Jul 13, 2016, 06:22 AM »
(I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask for advice about this)

Hi vods, greetings  ;D

So, in the future days, I will receive a chest display and I have no idea how to attach it to the chest armor (3mm Sintra)  ???

Anyone please could enlighten me?  ;D

Ty in advance  ;D

KOVA #0022 | M.A.R.S #52 | M.V.S #52

Syko Voss

• 'Simon'/'Simes' OM#1469
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Chest Display - How to attach to Sintra?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2016, 07:16 AM »
My chest display isn't a circuit board, it's an iPod...but it illustrates my suggestion for the approach.

Full WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=93907.165

I'd avoid gluing it permanently in, instead I'd suggest building a Sintra frame that fits around the board and gluing that in back of the plate.  Then you know the board will have a custom-shaped slot to fit in and won't wobble out.

Then, depending upon the board's specific layout and dimensions, you could do anything from simply securing it with gaffer tape, make some strips of Sintra that go across the board and screw into the frame or maybe make some tabs out of Sintra that are attached with a screw to the frame and then rotate around to hold the board.

If you can make a shaped frame that the board slots into, then some kind of easy to remove fixing you'll be able to reuse the display on any upgraded plates, repair/remove it if anything fails.

Because of the curve of your chest plate and the softness of your vest/flight suit you have more space under there than you might think!

Hope that helps

Ajoliveira

« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2016, 11:46 AM »
My chest display isn't a circuit board, it's an iPod...but it illustrates my suggestion for the approach.

Full WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=93907.165

I'd avoid gluing it permanently in, instead I'd suggest building a Sintra frame that fits around the board and gluing that in back of the plate.  Then you know the board will have a custom-shaped slot to fit in and won't wobble out.

Then, depending upon the board's specific layout and dimensions, you could do anything from simply securing it with gaffer tape, make some strips of Sintra that go across the board and screw into the frame or maybe make some tabs out of Sintra that are attached with a screw to the frame and then rotate around to hold the board.

If you can make a shaped frame that the board slots into, then some kind of easy to remove fixing you'll be able to reuse the display on any upgraded plates, repair/remove it if anything fails.

Because of the curve of your chest plate and the softness of your vest/flight suit you have more space under there than you might think!

Hope that helps

Hi Syko how are u vod?  ;D

Have seen your reply a few hours after your post, but only now I'm replying, sorry  ;D :laugh:

Cause only last week my display arrived  ;D /cheers

I think your approach and wip are very interresting and , in fact, correct  ;D
Now, i need to figure out the correct space and build like u did, it helps a lot and I think it its just right  ;D

Ty vod  ;D

Syko Voss

• 'Simon'/'Simes' OM#1469
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2016, 11:50 AM »
Wicked!  You're welcome!  Doing great - you'll notice that the Vok'Chi asked me to be Ruus'alor since the last post...wow!

(And my fixing method for the iPod survived three days at Celebration - not a problem!)

Ajoliveira

« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2016, 12:02 PM »
Wicked!  You're welcome!  Doing great - you'll notice that the Vok'Chi asked me to be Ruus'alor since the last post...wow!

(And my fixing method for the iPod survived three days at Celebration - not a problem!)

yap, noticed  ;D congrats  ;D
Sweet, nice to heard  ;D
Once again ty so much  ;D cheers m8  ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!