Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

HELLO! VODE

• 31 Replies
HELLO! VODE
« on: Jul 20, 2016, 10:20 PM »
now i could not find the intro page anywhere on  this page so i made one :)  i'm jik bonesteller ( i will not be giveing my name out on  the internet )
 i live in BC.

this light saber was taken from your Jedi temple  during the fall of the old republic,many Jedi have fallen  to its blade prepare to join them -pre visla

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: HELLO! VODE
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2016, 11:27 PM »
Welcome to the family!  Lots of great help here and elsewhere on the boards.   D you have a plan in mind for your kit or are you still debating?

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2016, 12:30 PM »
Welcome to the family!  Lots of great help here and elsewhere on the boards.   D you have a plan in mind for your kit or are you still debating?

a  costume pre visla  with some kind of paint skeem  have yet to get the colors ? any ideas .

this light saber was taken from your Jedi temple  during the fall of the old republic,many Jedi have fallen  to its blade prepare to join them -pre visla
« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2016, 08:52 PM »
anyone know where to get a pepakura bucket and forarms

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Jul 21, 2016, 10:40 PM »
We have some patterns here:  http://mandalorianmercs.org/get-involved/costume-templates/

They aren't pep, but a similar enough "match edge A to edge A" style and they work well.

Late Crusader WIP

« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2016, 10:55 PM »
We have some patterns here:  http://mandalorianmercs.org/get-involved/costume-templates/

They aren't pep, but a similar enough "match edge A to edge A" style and they work well.

thanks  got 80% of my armor cut out :) so happy

any ideas how to attack them?

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2016, 11:07 PM »
Plenty :D    What are you cutting the plates out of?   That'l make a difference.     But the short version is that some people use velcro, others use snaps, most seem to eventually upgrade to chicago screws in the end.  Post up some pictures of your plates taped up on you so we can check the scale, curves, and spacing before you do anything you'd regret having to cut up and undo.

Late Crusader WIP

« Reply #7 on: Jul 21, 2016, 11:13 PM »
Plenty :D    What are you cutting the plates out of?   That'l make a difference.     But the short version is that some people use velcro, others use snaps, most seem to eventually upgrade to chicago screws in the end.  Post up some pictures of your plates taped up on you so we can check the scale, curves, and spacing before you do anything you'd regret having to cut up and undo.

ok  all my plates are yet to be cut out  due to me runing out of a of space a material should be getting somemore tomorrow  but i can do  what i have now.

« Reply #8 on: Jul 22, 2016, 04:30 PM »
 my prototype  gauntlets  are done  here they are

and another one

[img][IMG]http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r563/cutless3/mando/IMGP0720_zpstvjy28vl.jp

not working help ! D:

and  i need help finding a knee file thats just one peace thanks

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2016, 11:18 PM by bonesteller » Logged

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #9 on: Jul 22, 2016, 10:07 PM »
to post an image you'll need to upload them to an image hosting site like photobucket, flickr, imagehost, etc then copy their [img] link and paste it here

Late Crusader WIP

« Reply #10 on: Jul 22, 2016, 10:26 PM »
Ok thanks .😄

Gnar-Gnar

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #11 on: Jul 23, 2016, 05:39 PM »
Welcome,

already well under way! I look forward to following your build  :D

« Reply #12 on: Jul 23, 2016, 08:59 PM »
Welcome,

already well under way! I look forward to following your build  :D

as am i :D

i am thinking bout adding a robot arm  to my mando is it a  good or bad idea.?

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2016, 03:57 PM by bonesteller » Logged

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #13 on: Jul 26, 2016, 02:07 PM »
Welcome to the BC boards! 8)

Good to see someone so eager to get a kit going! My best advice is to take it slow and read the armour boards as much as you can! Read, read, read, and read some more, use the search function, ask questions, and you'll learn everything you will need to know! One of the first big mistakes we often see is people get excited and cut out all their plates before getting some of us to check if the templates are the right size for them, then they usually have to go back and trim them smaller (which is more of a pain than you'd first imagine) or, even worse, have to go out and buy more material because the plates are too small and unusable.
So that's why we usually ask new guys to post a picture with some of the paper templates taped to your shirt. We really just don't want you to waste your time or money!

Looking forward to following along with your build and troopin' with ya someday! :)

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
« Reply #14 on: Jul 26, 2016, 03:10 PM »
Welcome to the BC boards! 8)

Good to see someone so eager to get a kit going! My best advice is to take it slow and read the armour boards as much as you can! Read, read, read, and read some more, use the search function, ask questions, and you'll learn everything you will need to know! One of the first big mistakes we often see is people get excited and cut out all their plates before getting some of us to check if the templates are the right size for them, then they usually have to go back and trim them smaller (which is more of a pain than you'd first imagine) or, even worse, have to go out and buy more material because the plates are too small and unusable.
So that's why we usually ask new guys to post a picture with some of the paper templates taped to your shirt. We really just don't want you to waste your time or money!

Looking forward to following along with your build and troopin' with ya someday! :)

ok oops my bad  the plates seem to fit me i'm 5'7  and they fit like a glove (i think) as am i looking forwerd to troopeing and building with  everyone in BC

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!